AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Just read up and he seems to be a fairly big deal in marketing and has a stint working for WWE in that regard. Potentially where he met Punk? It is a bit mad though, especially as I now want him to come out with Punk doing the full Sign Guy routine.

Sammy has that covered in AEW

23 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Why's he got so many ECW scrubs as hangers on? Sign Guy Dudley? Jeff Jones? Has he got Lance Wright as his agent? 

Maybe he's building a stable of honouring Heyman's old checks. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, gmoney said:

Why's he got so many ECW scrubs as hangers on? Sign Guy Dudley? Jeff Jones? Has he got Lance Wright as his agent? 

Jeff Jones actually works for AEW, I think he's one of their social media guys. 

Lou E. Dangerously popping up was a surprise, though. Last I heard he was a Vegas marketing bigwig, didn't realise he was still involved in wrestling at all.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Am I right that this might be a different Jeff Jones much like the TNA Kevin Sullivan who worked for Impact that wasn't the The Taskmaster. 

Nah, it's definitely ECW Jeff Jones. He's mentioned a lot on Conrad's podcasts and he makes sure to say it's that Jeff Jones.

High hopes for Jurassic Express vs Lucha Bros. Should be a great match and I'm quite happy with either team winning. Or both.

I love Tay but Bunny can fuck off. This will be as messy as Hayter/Velvet was on Dynamite.

Omega/Cutler vs Christian/Kazarian will be decent too. Mostly for Cutler obviously.

Also the hype continues:

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

So is Adam Cole turning up tonight then or what?

EDIT: Scratch that, apparently it's taped. Still his contract is up and he's cancelled his Twitch stream for today and removed the WWE Shop link from his Twitter...

No one has left WWE until they open their own shop on Pro Wrestling Tees 

8 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

EDIT: Scratch that, apparently it's taped. Still his contract is up and he's cancelled his Twitch stream for today and removed the WWE Shop link from his Twitter...

It was taped, and they let it go out with announcing at that level?

I tell you, it makes you appreciate Jim Ross and Schiavone, the four men - some more than others - absolutely ruined this show. They completely ignored what was going on in the ring in the opening match ahead of the first break, and after that talked so much that it was impossible to pay attention to what was going on.

When Miro came out, forcing Fuego out to the ring in a brutal way, Jericho inexplicably laughed about it. Ross and Schiavone would have been expressing concern about what this madman would do, rather than suggest this was a fun moment for us all to enjoy.

And how many times did they talk over one another? It was constant.

The announce situation has to change quickly. Mark Henry brings nothing to the show. He’s a terrible interviewer and an even worse commentator. I maintain that Jericho has potential in the role, but he needs to learn when to shut up, and how to treat serious moments.

Taz is excellent, but can’t shine in this environment, and Excalibur is perfectly fine.

Paul Wight is doing brilliantly on Elevation, and I suspect a trio of Excalibur, Wight and Taz would work well together. Or rotate between a lead announcer of Excalibur, Schiavone and Ross, and a co-commentator of Taz, Wight and Jericho. 

Khan has to do something, that was utter chaos.