AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

He’s either lost all of his other outfits or this Joker gear cost fucking loads and he wants his money’s worth. It looks shit either way

True story! It's surely a money thing! 

Moan #858 The Elite Hunter name and gimmick is pants. Even worse is Excalibur shouting it when he comes out to tackle some jobbers. Kaz is awesome but this is just meh for me.

SCU should never have split. Sky has great potential but the Men of the Year schtick is one of those times where it feels unnatural and playing a wrestler. Page on the other hand is a good smug prick and handy to have.

48 minutes ago, boyfriend said:

SCU should never have split. Sky has great potential but the Men of the Year schtick is one of those times where it feels unnatural and playing a wrestler. Page on the other hand is a good smug prick and handy to have.

I totally disagree, MOTY is a huge step up for Sky from SCU, and I think they have good chemistry together. They’re both really charismatic so I don’t quite understand the decision to put them with Lambert, but whatever the case I’m very much in favour of seeing them featured in a more prominent role. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It sounds like he did. 

After seeing that, I can now imagine Tony walking around backstage following the likes of Punk, Christian and Mark Henry around all doughy eyed and calling them Sir.

That post show with Punk, Christian and the other guy was more heir apparent to Punk's debut than anything on that following Dynamite. It's been posted a page back but really - if you haven't - watch it. If you thought Punk looked unusually happy last week, he's positively gleeful here. In an era where wrestlers cussing immediately got old, Christian saying 'fuck' is still one of those daft simple things that makes AEW so organic compared to the alternative. He spits it out, his muscles change slightly, and you realise that even 'Christian' in WWE - for all his ordinariness - was a character that had preordained limits. 

It's just pro wrestling having fun. And it's not a 'shoot'. I've come to realise it's only really a shoot when you're playing a character that's against your own script. In AEW, fucking everyone's just that extended version of themselves they'd do on a YouTube show they owned, so you even get away from that "Oh no, they're trying to be 'real'" stink. 

Just pure fun. More of that. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I totally disagree, MOTY is a huge step up for Sky from SCU, and I think they have good chemistry together. They’re both really charismatic so I don’t quite understand the decision to put them with Lambert, but whatever the case I’m very much in favour of seeing them featured in a more prominent role. 

Do you think? I agree on Page. There's few who pull off that natural smugness and don't look like they're playing bad guy. To me Sky's act is see through. Lambert rocks mind even if it was TNA ish

2 hours ago, boyfriend said:

Do you think? I agree on Page. There's few who pull off that natural smugness and don't look like they're playing bad guy. To me Sky's act is see through. Lambert rocks mind even if it was TNA ish

I think Lambert is brilliant, but I’m not convinced that it’s a great partnership. We’ll see. Fair enough if that how you feel, but I think Sky does a good job in this role. The pair of them and their dickish banter feels pretty believable to me.