AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

Agree with @FelatioLips, butcher & the blade are a decent team to beat that look legit. 
hager has never felt like he has a place. Didn’t think of PAC, but he’s probably on a decent wage to not do much with. 

if Andrade is on a short term deal, I don’t think he’d be missed. 

Brian cage, Kaz, Matt Hardy, janella, Evans & Angelico, Chavo & Vickie, Sabian and marko all feel like they could be lost without the show losing anything. There’s a lot of under card talent below that, but they are all handy to have as people to beat 

6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Missing the point is actually you not knowing the difference between shows and the concept of time. They have 2 Network shows and 2 You Tube shows ever week. Before it was just Dynamite and Dark.

See my first post where it says "good showing on TV". There are two TV shows, which is what I was referring to. Brush up on your comprehension skills kiddo.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, HobowithaShotgun said:

See my first post where it says "good showing on TV". There are two TV shows, which is what I was referring to. Brush up on your comprehension skills kiddo.

Why don’t you go hang out with your mates at a bar instead of arguing if a show is a show is a show. 

Sorry that I watch Dark/Elevation on YouTube or Fite on my TV. 

While Hardy managing two or three teams at the same time seems odd, it is literally something Jimmy Hart did in 1992.

I wouldn't send Butcher, Blade & Bunny anywhere, absolutely brilliant trio visually. The Bunny gets too much shit too. Enjoy her work, though it might be clouded by watching her vlog abd just finding her really pleasant. Ethan Page and Evil Uno have done that too. 

Delighted to see no one interested in sacking off The Wingmen. 

I guess we all like QT Marshall now? Yayyyyy. 

• Paid Members

Worth pointing out that The Butcher, and the tag team as a result, will likely always be someone they can phase in and out given his real life musical commitments that will take him away from AEW at various points which is another point in his favour in my mind. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I've no problem with him, particularly, but Marko Stunt isn't really serving a purpose at the moment. He never wrestles, and I think waters down the Jurassic Express act as a result. There's a much better dynamic when it's "a boy and his dinosaur" being best mates without having a weird little mate following them around. Especially redundant now Christian Cage is hanging out with them as a trios partner.

Absolutely. See ya, Marko.

Very disappointed to see PAC being mentioned as a potential cut. Yes, being based in the UK gives him proper travel hassle (especially at the moment) but he's so fucking good whenever he is there, you'd be stupid to lose him altogether.

See, I think there's worth in Marko but I don't think he works in Jurassic Express. I honestly think he would be amazing as a tiny bully who is only cocky because he's got a massive mate who does he dirty work for him. Someone like Abyss doing the Joseph Parks gimmick springs to mind, someone who's a big lad but clearly impressionable, vulnerable and unpopular but has fallen in with the bully as his only mate. Christ, the redemption arc for the bodyguard writes itself, like when Kamala was a massive babyface because he was being taken advantage of.

I don't know how many matches Private Party get on Dark and Elevation but for sure on Dynamite or Rampage they barely ever have a match and I think they need the reps because they had and still have so much potential, they're just still pretty green. But they were putting on some great matches with the right teams when AEW first debuted on TNT.

Far as Pac goes, I wouldn't release him no matter how much his travel issues can fuck things up. That guy is waaaay too good to release. Just use him as and when you can. Similarly with Andrade - I know a lot of people haven't been impressed since he came in (other than the Pac match) but I think it's way too soon to give up on him. He (along with Pac and some others) are the kind of guys you'd want to keep around the midcard/upper midcard. I don't see them ever winning the big one in AEW, but the level just below that would work.

It's wild to think about how much AEW has changed in its short history in terms of the pushed roster. I remember Dynamite reguarly having the Hybrid 2 on the card.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

This was everything I want Rampage to be. Short, fun, easy to watch over breakfast. Brilliant opener, short, snappy promos, Taz continuing to be the best commentator in the business, Mark Henry’s catchphrase getting over, and then a wholesome, heartwarming end to the show. Perfect. I’ll never ever get tired of them giving Brodie Junior a good time. Always brilliant to watch. Lump in my throat every single time.

Mad though. Imagine looking at that lineup last week and then thinking, “the following week, headlined by Jack Evans, will be a better show.” But here we are and facts are facts. This was infinitely more enjoyable.

I’m really hoping the lesson they learned from last week is that even when you’re smoking hot there’s still a case of too much of a good thing and Rampage needs to remain at one hour. Four hours of TV in the space of two days is too much no matter how great the lineups are. I was positively exhausted by the time Kingston and Moxley made their entrance last week. It was a genuine relief to get back to a breezy, fun show, where the time flies by and you’re left wanting more.

Bryan fucking Danielson though! What a man. I loved him in WWE, but this version is something else! All wild and stiff, Bryan Danielson would absolutely murder Daniel Bryan in a fight. I love it!

What a bonkers lineup for that ladder match next week. None of the announced participants feel suited to a World Title Shot. Fucking Matt Hardy?! What the fuck?! Might as well just announce ahead of time, “the Joker is winning this match.” I’ve seen people hoping for Hangman as the Joker but it feels neither the right time nor the right way for him to return and get a title shot.

At this point, everyone always suggesting Hangman is coming back next week is feeling as sad as it is silly. He doesn’t fit in anywhere and it feels like we’ll be waiting forever!

DB8F440A-7B93-4F7E-9ABF-66E50CBFF4E1.gif.804379378b85c5611e4b93e80dd629f4.gif

“Hangman is coming. Just wait a little longer. He’ll come back soon.”

Edited by Supremo

Lovely little show this week. 

I’m in full agreement with Supremo’s post as despite being very much in to most of what AEW are doing right now, there have been weeks that I’ve been tempted to give Rampage a miss to not get burnt out.

If Rampage can stick with this light style of show with chance to show some little vignettes and give chance for things to breathe a bit more than fast-paced episodes of Dynamite do, we are on to a good thing. 

As for this episode itself, this was the first time I’ve enjoyed Jack Evans in AEW. Fair play. Danielson and Nick Jackson has just made me even more excited to see more Danielson matches. Jade keeps impressing with what she does, I don’t know where this goes but she’s got a got proper star presence. 

I feel similarly about Rampage. I always enjoy it, but I don’t feel like it’s essential viewing. I wouldn’t care if it went away. 

That said, it was another fun show this week, and Danielson has looked nothing short of vicious during his matches in AEW. The triple threat was decent, and Jade once again looked impressive. I suspect they have a long term plan in mind, with Rosa unseating Britt, and Cargill being able to point to her win over Rosa when challenging for the title. 

The HFO stuff is just bad, though. They’re not, in any way, fun, They take up too much TV time and I just don’t want to see them. Hardy wanting to cut Orange’s hair makes no sense whatsoever. I don’t particularly care if Hardy gets a haircut either. I did laugh at Orange not knowing what the match stop was all about though, I must admit.

16 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

I don't know how many matches Private Party get on Dark and Elevation but for sure on Dynamite or Rampage they barely ever have a match and I think they need the reps because they had and still have so much potential, they're just still pretty green. But they were putting on some great matches with the right teams when AEW first debuted on TNT.

They're getting used pretty much every taping for something. Problem is from a development point of view they're either in multi-man matches for the HFO or working job squads. That might allow them to develop some character work as heels, but isn't really improving them as a tag team.

They don't seem to be working any indies since they started up again. Just one appearance and the brief Impact run.

Private Party seem to be heels just to keep them from being over exposed. When time is right can switch them face, back in old style outfits and their run with Hardy will quickly forgotten