AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Infinity Land said:

Dynamite is about to get punted to Saturday's because of hockey. Having Hangman win with the inevitable low ratings talk or just a couple of weeks before Full Gear feels like giving him a massive handicap he doesn't need.

Come on, they gave Brodie the TNT title on a Saturday. He’s not going to be blamed for ratings fall for it being pre-empted by the network.

• Paid Members

The Bryan/Omega story is good, they should and I assume will stick with that for the forseeable and have the rematch at Full Gear. I'd have Omega retain, Hangman returns after the match and confronts him to close  the  show then you have Hangman getting the heroes hometown welcome on Dynamite to announce he's back for the title. Keep it simple.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Come on, they gave Brodie the TNT title on a Saturday. He’s not going to be blamed for ratings fall for it being pre-empted by the network.

They're not. The IWC that obsess over ratings will talk about it and Omega v. Danielson II would overshadow a Hangman defense at Full Gear.

Also why would you want to crown your new World champion in front of one of the lowest rated shows with the fewest viewers?

Have omega and Bryan 2 at full gear. Hangman’s match in his home town the Wednesday after. Then have whoever lost on the Saturday bitterly go after him for his first feud 

Hangman deserves to be the guy - not only in the title shot but holding the title itself. Danielson isn't needed. Just like he wasn't at WrestleMania.

Maybe there's some logic in there somewhere that says he'll look stronger beating both Omega and Danielson but that's not the story we've been following and it's not the ending we deserve.

32 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Anyone doubting Hangman just go back and watch when he confronts Kenny and also the Dark Order entrance vs The Elite. The man is a star. 

I'm not sure anyone's doubting him so much as the timing of bringing him back and winning the title etc. It all seemed very straight forward and was going to hit the finale perfectly at the right time. Obviously that didn't happen and so it's all a bit up in the air since. You don't want to bring him back and have him get lost in the shuffle with everything else they've been doing lately. It's going to be a more delicate thing to get right now.

They can't do this because of the rankings but there is a time and a place for a world title change on TV. They could have Omega/Danielson 2 main event Full Gear and have Hangman beat Kenny the very next Dynamite, in Hangmans' home town.

But, again, they wouldn't be able to do this because of the rankings and also I'm sure there would be some people who'd see it as Kenny coming off a hard fought win against Danielson three nights prior and being forced into a match with Page not at full strength.

I guess I'd make a shitty wrestling booker.

6 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

They can't do this because of the rankings but there is a time and a place for a world title change on TV. They could have Omega/Danielson 2 main event Full Gear and have Hangman beat Kenny the very next Dynamite, in Hangmans' home town.

But, again, they wouldn't be able to do this because of the rankings and also I'm sure there would be some people who'd see it as Kenny coming off a hard fought win against Danielson three nights prior and being forced into a match with Page not at full strength.

I guess I'd make a shitty wrestling booker.

Whoever wins the ladder match this weeks jumps the rankings to earn a title shot. That’s the scenario, rankings don’t matter 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members

Triple threats can get in the bin. One of the best things AEW have done, is to limit the use of them as much as possible. I'd prefer to never see another one again. 

• Awards Moderator

Fun but inconsequential episode this week. Everyone you'd expect to win, won. Lucha Bros and Acclaimed had a good short match. Interesting that they've announced a World Title Eliminator tournament right after Hangman has won a guaranteed title shot. 

That's got to be it for Brian Cage now? Not sure if there's anything left for him to do - which is almost a pity as I liked the little "who better?" tribute to Kanyon in his pre-match promo.

5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Fun but inconsequential episode this week. Everyone you'd expect to win, won. Lucha Bros and Acclaimed had a good short match. Interesting that they've announced a World Title Eliminator tournament right after Hangman has won a guaranteed title shot. 

That's got to be it for Brian Cage now? Not sure if there's anything left for him to do - which is almost a pity as I liked the little "who better?" tribute to Kanyon in his pre-match promo.

Wouldn't the World Title Eliminator tournament be like last year where the final was at Full Gear?

It was Omega/Page in the final at Full Gear last year with Moxley/Kingston in the main event for the belt.

That's what I'm hoping anyway, surely Omega/Page main events Full Gear this year, nice throwback to them meeting in the tournament final last year too.

There’s no need for that at all from Tony. Beat them, then brag later. Which I don’t expect to happen. Just do your own shit

Edited by Louch