AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

48 minutes ago, Nick James said:

You would imagine Bryan doesn't have that many years left, I don't think anyone was expecting him to come in and piss about on Dark for months with the likes of young, up and comers like Dr Luther. The money is in Omega, Bucks, Cole, Jungle Boy and the likes, which will also tie in to Bryans 'Bucket List' outside of WWE. 

It's almost like people WANT to be angry about things in wrestling these days, regardless of company. People seem happier to be angry about something or right about something being shit, than enjoying the ride of how much quality is coming at us at the moment. 

I'm not too up on the taping / live schedule, is there a reason that they taped the match last night for Rampage and didn't just show it live? Or is Rampage already taped for this week?

Right now AEW are doing one live event a week. Using that to tape Elevation first, have Dynamite live, and tape Rampage last.

I think I remember both Punk and Danielson coming in and talking about all the young talent, and all the other talents that they've not had the chance to wrestle against before or in years. It has never been an exclusive focus on one. It's people complaining for the sake of it.

I am Biased as I find Danielson really disingenuous, and think the whole playing into “I’m held down and you guys can see what they can’t” act is a load of bullshit from a guy who’s been pushed in some shape or form for most of his wwe career. So fuck that prick :) 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Louch said:

I am Biased as I find Danielson really disingenuous, and think the whole playing into “I’m held down and you guys can see what they can’t” act is a load of bullshit from a guy who’s been pushed in some shape or form for most of his wwe career. So fuck that prick :) 

Are you talkig pre WM30 Bryan, or Eco Warrior champ Bryan?

• Paid Members

did Bryan ever personally claim that he was being held down? For most of his last WWE run he was talking about how he wanted matches with Gran Metalik and Drew Gulak. Back in January he said two of his dream opponents in WWE were Apollo Crews and Ricochet. In his book, he seemed pretty bewildered by the idea of being WWE Champion. He's always seemed content to just wrestle good matches with people he likes, so long as he can earn a living - the "held down" narrative always seemed to come from other people talking him up and, if anything, the man himself (outside of kayfabe) did more to downplay it than encourage it.

Just now, Louch said:

Can probably say the same about both Punk and Danielson. They're two guys that came up as fans, and told there was a ceiling. They then breakthrough but are never "the guy" in the WWE. While they might be appreciative they're left looking back on the what ifs.

• Paid Members

Genuinely can’t think of a WWE guy from the past decade who took the, “I’m being held down,” stance less than Bryan Danielson. Are we talking about the same guy? The one who spoke at length in every medium about having no ambition whatsoever? Who posted a lengthy thank you upon leaving?

I think you’ve been worked, mate.

Honestly I think you probably just really don't like the bloke. I don't get it, but I irrationally dislike things too, we all do. Either that or you really, really liked Nikki Bella. I'm guessing the former. You do sound a bit chinstrokey for the sake of it. 

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

Honestly I think you probably just really don't like the bloke. I don't get it, but I irrationally dislike things too, we all do. Either that or you really, really liked Nikki Bella. I'm guessing the former. You do sound a bit chinstrokey for the sake of it. 

I said above I really don’t like him, so your post is hardly a revelation. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Sorry man, I meant more people trying to figure out or argue the point. 

You did nothing wrong. He’s made an argument, you, and others, have questioned it, and he doesn’t like him so his argument as to why is irrelevant because he just hates him. I’m not really sure what his end game is here. If you hate him for no reason, just say so. No need to make a reason up then shoot people down for calling it out.

• Paid Members

Despite what it sounds like, I’m not very motivated, right?” Bryan reflected, “I’m very much somebody who just accepts things as they come for the most part. 

So in wrestling, I was getting very popular and the WWE still didn’t want to push me to the top level because of my size. I’m a smaller guy. A normal person looks at me, when I’m coming down the ramp to the ring, a normal person doesn’t gravitate to looking at me unlike a John Cena who is enormous or some of the bigger guys like a Hulk Hogan, or a Steve Austin, or The Rock, who as soon as they come down, it’s like, ‘wow! Look at that guy,’ right? And that’s what WWE typically wants in their top stars and I’ve never been very good at being like, ‘hey, you guys should do more with me’ or ‘you guys should do this or do that with me’. I’ve never been someone who is motivated by that or pushes himself towards that, or pushes myself towards financial goals, or pushing myself towards anything other than what I love to do.

And I’m constantly having to remind myself, like, ‘hey, if you want to get to the next level where I want to be, you do have to do some pushing here.’ And so yeah, that’s a constant thing that I struggle with. WWE did this personality test with some of their more successful wrestlers to see, like, ‘are there some common traits amongst these people that makes them successful, so when we are recruiting people we can look for these traits to be make them more successful.” Bryan remembered “and so, they ask you all these questions, yada, yada, yada. I got my test results back and the lady was just baffled. She was like, ‘you have the lowest ambition score I have ever seen!’ In percentiles, I was in the bottom one percentile for ambition. And she was like, ‘how on Earth are you successful at this?’ And I said, ‘I don’t know – I just really love to wrestle.’ So yeah, I have to push myself sometimes to be more ambitious.”

https://411mania.com/wrestling/daniel-bryan-talks-lack-motivation-ambition-says-just-loves-wrestle

What a politicking prick, always bitching about his spot.

You might as well say you hate Rikishi and then when asked why you respond, “he ran over Stone Cold.”

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Louch said:

He definitely slept with your mum didn't he.

38 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You did nothing wrong. He’s made an argument, you, and others, have questioned it, and he doesn’t like him so his argument as to why is irrelevant because he just hates him. I’m not really sure what his end game is here. If you hate him for no reason, just say so. No need to make a reason up then shoot people down for calling it out.

My reason is I find him really unlikeable and disingenuous. I have at no point said anyone else shouldn’t like him. Im not arguing with anyone, he’s just a wrestler I find really false and don’t like.
That I can’t like a wrestler and must want to shag his mrs, or he must have slept with my mum, than I just think he’s a up himself prick seems to be is a weird way for others to be replying. If people wanna like him, good for you. I choose not to 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Louch said:

1 hour ago, Louch said:

My reason is I find him really unlikeable and disingenuous. I have at no point said anyone else shouldn’t like him. Im not arguing with anyone, he’s just a wrestler I find really false and don’t like.
That I can’t like a wrestler and must want to shag his mrs, or he must have slept with my mum, than I just think he’s a up himself prick seems to be is a weird way for others to be replying. If people wanna like him, good for you. I choose not to 

So just to be clear, you find him false because of something others have confirmed is completely wrong and now you’ve worked yourself into a shoot, brother. I will show you how it’s done.

I hate Randy Orton. I find him really bland in and out the ring.

See. Just stated an opinion. Not made up an excuse as to why, just find him really boring to watch and that’s why I don’t like him. You can take the above sentence if you want and change the name and repost if you want.