AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Love these shows that end on such a high week after week. Shows that start with a banger, fly by and end with a lovely moment keep coming and it's fantastic. 

Couldn't give a shit about nit picking stuff. It doesn't matter. Forgot good wrestling is just fun.

• Paid Members
On 9/25/2021 at 8:41 PM, Tsurutagun said:

Alexa, show me the worst opinion ever

Apologies that I haven't seen 20 years of Japanese wrestling or whatever. But based on his AEW appearances which are and will be my only exposure to him he's a short old man who throws wonky forearms and not much else which is probably how he also comes across to most over people who haven't seen him before. I'd much rather they brought Kenta back.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Apologies that I haven't seen 20 years of Japanese wrestling or whatever. But based on his AEW appearances which are and will be my only exposure to him he's a short old man who throws wonky forearms and not much else which is probably how he also comes across to most over people who haven't seen him before. I'd much rather they brought Kenta back.

I fully agree with this take as I thought the same. I've heard the name and seen the face, but never in action and to say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. Along with the entrance that a lot seemed to be furious about, I wasn't impressed with the re-do. It was ok, don't get me wrong, but not this epic entrance I was expecting.

I guess you can overhype something.

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

If you don’t know Suzuki, this is how he looks. They have done nothing much to say why he’s someone to worry about if you are a casual fan. If they did that the fans with no knowledge of Japan would know why to care more 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Louch said:

If you don’t know Suzuki, this is how he looks. They have done nothing much to say why he’s someone to worry about if you are a casual fan. If they did that the fans with no knowledge of Japan would know why to care more 

They can tell us all they want but if you haven't actually seen him before and a guy who looks shorter than Aubrey Edwards and eligible for a bus pass comes out and has two dull matches why should anyone care more?

I'm sure TildeGuy can list a thousand brilliant Suzuki matches off the top of his head from the past decades but if his AEW appearances is your first look at him why would you think he was any good?

If they're going to continue with this Mox vs Japanese guys story then surely they need to start bringing over the top stars rather than these old blokes.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

They can tell us all they want but if you haven't actually seen him before and a guy who looks shorter than Aubrey Edwards and eligible for a bus pass comes out and has two dull matches why should anyone care more?

I'm sure TildeGuy can list a thousand brilliant Suzuki matches off the top of his head from the past decades but if his AEW appearances is your first look at him why would you think he was any good?

If they're going to continue with this Mox vs Japanese guys story then surely they need to start bringing over the top stars rather than these old blokes.

Telling us could be video packaged, get a few new Japan matches on their YouTube for fans to see. They have taken a GCW match idea and shoehorned it in as Mox has fun doing them. It’s not moving him anywhere in aew but protects their stars while he gets wins over the new Japan guys coming in 

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Hell no, the story is Page overcoming Omega one on one. Danielson being involved has strong Charlotte in the Rhonda/Becky feud energy.

I agree in the long term, but I'm perfectly happy to see Omega/Danielson II at Full Gear as a one-on-one match. I reckon they only scratched the surface of what they can do together at the Arthur Ashe show, and I'm anxious to see the follow-up. 

• Paid Members

Ideally Page wins the Royale, Challanges Omega at a special Dynamite before Full Gear. At Full Gear we get Omega/Danielson 2, Page defends against someone else, maybe Mox and retains, and then you can have a 3 way for the title at Revolution.