AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ricky Starks is apparently replacing Mark Henry at the announce desk on a permanent basis. I’m sure Mark was doing his best, but it was clear after the show launched that he wouldn’t last long.

Good call. Henry wasn't getting any better. Hopefully they keep him away from backstage interviews too.

Henry had to go but I do like him backstage too. I actually was gonna jump on and say despite being a huge Starks fan I thought he was woeful. Very quiet and nervous and didn't add much despite normally dripping with personality. Shocked he's permanent

Edited by boyfriend

Listened to Mark Henry on Jericho’s podcast last night, second one I have listened to him talk about what his AEW role would be. He made some really good points on some in ring things, but his real strengths at this stage all feel to be behind the scenes/ outreach/ corporate relationship building than the commentary role. Even sit downs, hell he would be a very different and hard to intimidate authority figure to use than the mentions of Tony Khan when a match is made

ideally to me Rampage would just be Excalibur and Tazz, as 40 mins of tv doesn’t need 4 voices to fill with views on an already condensed show 

1 hour ago, boyfriend said:

Henry had to go but I do like him backstage too. I actually was gonna jump on and say despite being a huge Starks fan I thought he was woeful. Very quiet and nervous and didn't add much despite normally dripping with personality. Shocked he's permanent

I didn’t think he was great either, although he’s been good in that role on Dark, so I understand the decision. I don’t know what Paul Wight has to do to be given a main announce role, though. He’s doing a great job on Elevation.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

I think it was Starks that came up with the line of the night, though - in response to the 'banging some guy in the back' line, passionately coming out with 'What's wrong with love?'. (Might have been Taz, but I thought it was Starks)

19 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Not that it’s likely to effect us over here, but Rampage is to stay on TNT in 2022 instead of moving to TBS. Dynamite is still set to move to TBS as planned

Technically the move wouldn't even effect the US viewers as both channels are on the same cable package

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Perry said:

Technically the move wouldn't even effect the US viewers as both channels are on the same cable package

How do they compare viewership numbers wise? Should AEW be expecting a jump/drop in viewers?

• Paid Members

They're both much of a muchness. TNT is slightly ahead, but that's largely down to live sports events like AEW itself.

It'll probably mean fewer cases of AEW being moved because TNT is showing a bigger event like major basketball. Of course the downside, is that it will then be going against said big event.

Not much real difference in terms of the lead-in (people watching the previous show, seeing the start of AEW and potentially checking it out.) TNT mainly shows movies before Dynamite (Rush Hour 3 this week) and on the current TBS schedule it would be Friends.

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

How do they compare viewership numbers wise? Should AEW be expecting a jump/drop in viewers?

I am pretty sure they will lose viewers initially, just because it seems like if you move channel it takes a bit to make sure all of the people who may be floating viewers know you're moving from one place to the other.