AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Punk/Hobbs, the 8 man, Matt Hardy being an absolute gobshite and Miro murdering people was top notch telly. Didn't care for that main event at all. I've only ever seen Minoru Suzuki in AEW and I think he's pretty shit. Hopefully he'll fuck off back to Japan soon.

• Paid Members

This was the Taz and Ricky Starks show.  It took Ricky exactly one week to get comfortable, which only seemed to loosen Taz up even more, resulting in the best commentary dynamic they’ve had so far. Wildly entertaining all night long. Just a bunch of hilarious mates having the best time.

Fingers crossed they bin Jericho off permanently and keep these three as the main team on Rampage because it was absolutely perfect. Excalibur playing everything straight whilst Taz and Ricky get more and more ridiculous trying to make each other laugh and cheering on the heels like a pair of dickheads. Them howling and punching the air at Fuego’s murder was incredible.

Edited by Supremo

Ricky's "Great, I can beat him on my phone too!" line after Excalibur plugged Punk on their mobile game was brilliant. 

There always needs to be a Team Taz. Just have it be a never-ending conveyor belt of whoever is new and has nothing going on, and have them dissing people left right and centre, getting occasional big TV matches against the big boys. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Ricky getting so angry at Sammy that he threw his bottle top at him was a great micro bit of heel work. Top stuff from the trio all night.

Really enjoyed the show, looking forward to Hangman bringing the DO back together this week on Dynamite as they will be in Rochester. Didn't care for the main really, didn't seem the crowd did either. Not sure what the point of bringing in Homecide was either. Dull way to end a great week for AEW 

Oh goodness, I might be in a minority of one, but I thought Ricky was terrible. He was quietly spoken, and I didn’t think he added any insight to any of the matches and he felt more like a guest heel announcer than an actual colour commentator. I’d like to see them use Paul Wight in the role, he’s become an excellent announcer. 

All in all, the show was decent, but nowhere near as good as Dynamite. That’s a high bar, though. The Hardy stuff was weak as ever, why does he want to cut Cassidy’s hair exactly? Where the fuck did that come from? I know he first brought it up a few weeks ago…but why? 

Christian, on the other hand, has quietly become a really solid member of the roster. His inevitable heel turn will be a lot of fun, I really want to see the Jungle Boy match. Christian vs Luchasaurus along the way will also be fun, if it happens.

Sammy Guevara vs Miro should be fun, but Sammy is about as bland a babyface  as I’ve ever seen. I think they’d be better off turning him heel, he was so much fun as a bad guy. Babyface Jericho vs heel Sammy could be a really enjoyable route for them to take, eventually. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Oh goodness, I might be in a minority of one, but I thought Ricky was terrible. He was quietly spoken, and I didn’t think he added any insight to any of the matches and he felt more like a guest heel announcer than an actual colour commentator. I’d like to see them use Paul Wight in the role, he’s become an excellent announcer. 

You're not! I really didn't think he was much cop at all. He grated on me quite a lot. 

Commentary wise though, I did love Taz claiming to be close friends with all the heels throughout the show only to plaintively say "I wish I had a friend" when Homicide, Moxley and Kingston were hugging at the end 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I think he’s really good on Elevation. Initially I found him pretty bland, but he’s improved a tonne.

He’s improved a ton, but it reminds me of when Alex Marquez was originally on the commentary team, out of his depth, and he’s voice is suited to commentary in my opinion. Doesn’t help when all the other commentators are good. Even Kingston has been better on Elevation in my opinion.

That Wight didn’t get the bump up is quite telling. Using active wrestlers than guys brought in to commentate says it’s not happening for him or Henry