AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Ric Flair feels like Adam Cole. Not a sentence I ever thought I’d say but hear me out. As an individual performer, I’m not convinced he can provide much. But as a surprise debut that keeps the momentum rolling and continues the perception of this being a hot product that people are flocking to? I’d bring him in. Isn’t it a fact that Ric always pops at least one big rating if you advertise him? Seems the perfect way to keep things hot. There’s at least one great segment with him bumping into Sting, too.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Do they have a Dynamite in Horseman country coming up? Orlando was always a Horseman town wasn’t it? They’re there in mid-October.
Have Flair there just doing an in ring and ask Sting to the ring. Crowd goes wild, Andrade comes out, Flair turns on Sting one more time, Darby makes the save. Andrade v Darby at Full Gear with Flair and Sting in the corners

It wouldn't surprise me if they went the whole hog and did Andrade & Flair Vs Sting & Darby. You know Flair would be up for it. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they went the whole hog and did Andrade & Flair Vs Sting & Darby. You know Flair would be up for it. 

Ric Flair would be up for eating a glob of his own shit if he thought it would make someone like him. He’s came across as a really needy sad old man for a good few years now.

4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Andrade dumping Chavo...reckon this is an opening to bring in Ric Flair? Not sure how I would feel about that generally but the chance to have Andrade & Flair feuding with Darby & Sting is just too good to pass up.

They're already doing this with Spears and Tully aren't they? And both Sting and Tully made reference to Flair, so maybe he will pop in for a while. Fuck it, just go the whole log and have Tully/Spears v Darby/Sting v Andrade/Flair v Brock/Arn. Oh and add Darby to the list of people who said "shit" in a promo. 

Overall this was another easy enough watch.

Andrade and PAC was fun. And while Andrade hasn't yet caught fire, there's a few examples of others who didn't start their AEW careers all that well that over time have grown into some of the best acts on any show. Hopefully by the turn of the year, Andrade will be in that bracket to. PAC is just boss though I hope we're not going towards a PAC/Chavo match.

Cole and Danielson taped interviews were well done. Cole saying how the Elite trusts him and he trusts them suggests somebody is getting turned on sooner rather than later, which I think would be a shame. The talk of Punk and Danielson teaming up to take on the Bucks, could be worked more into Cole & Danielson against the Bucks if the turn does happen. 

Women's match was ok but as has been said, Hayter does nothing for Baker. This is another of those partnerships that AEW need to fix quickly.

Pillman and Caster pre-match interviews were nothing to really write home about but the match itself was a good showing for two primarily tag team wrestlers. Pillman/Moxley standing tall at the end was the good hometown feeling that AEW has become known for delivering. Not sure if there's a long-term association there but for that night, it more than worked. 

• Paid Members

If I were hoping to pop a rating I'd get Flair in and out ASAP before that flight from hell Dark Side of the Ring airs.

2 hours ago, DEF said:

If I were hoping to pop a rating I'd get Flair in and out ASAP before that flight from hell Dark Side of the Ring airs.

Absolutely. They would be best served waiting to see how inflammatory that is. All they'd need to do is read from the lawsuit -

Chief among the chronicled misdeeds was Fliehr's sexual aggression. He wore nothing but a jeweled cape, the flight attendants said, and "flashed his nakedness, spinning his penis around." He separately grabbed each woman's hand and placed it on his crotch, and then "forcibly detained and restrained" Doyle "from leaving the back of the galley of the airplane while he sexually assaulted her."

19 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Absolutely. They would be best served waiting to see how inflammatory that is. All they'd need to do is read from the lawsuit -

Chief among the chronicled misdeeds was Fliehr's sexual aggression. He wore nothing but a jeweled cape, the flight attendants said, and "flashed his nakedness, spinning his penis around." He separately grabbed each woman's hand and placed it on his crotch, and then "forcibly detained and restrained" Doyle "from leaving the back of the galley of the airplane while he sexually assaulted her."

Oh wow. I genuinely never knew there was a lawsuit filed about this. 

I thought Hayter was pretty great in that trios match, properly leant in to everything and made Riho’s dive to the outside look really brutal. She’s had a couple rough moments so far but is clearly willing to take a beating. Her eating Tay Conti’s strikes down the road has potential.

An OK episode this week, the tag team opener definitely being the highlight.

Doing the “challenger holds the title high” 2 segments in a row is pretty sloppy though, and the Britt/Soho segment showed that they still need to do a lot building with Soho as they had to resort to (not directly) referencing WWE and “banging guys in the back”.

The Anna Jay/Bunny match must’ve been pretty bad to have an ad break inserted and not get Picture in Picture 

Still excited for next week though, and making Mox & Kingston v Suzuki-gun a Lights Out Match is a good call, that’s going to be mad

Edited by WyattSheepMask

The adverts of doom are back :( 

with Santana and Ortiz going Dead Prez again, what kinda hook up are aew getting on black & white face paint? 

Hardy being the reason for a group of wrestlers to be together is fine, adds something to them, but the attack a “fan” and Jack evans can fuck off. Orange got the feud win over Jericho, got cooled off now it’s a hair feud. I get his character isn’t gonna work near the top all the time, but if he can win the feud and do nothing, why not have mjf win the Jericho feud as he’s going on to do something 

don’t think the Britt & Ruby interview added anything to the upcoming match. 

mark henry was there but not on comms even with it being a 4 man booth. Interesting 

Add a match over a car to the hair stip. needless. Could have had Miro call him out again now he’s contracted threatening to punish him for ignoring the stip last time. Stories to make everything mean something can easily make everything mean nothing 

match itself was an easy watch, Miro is really showing just enough vulnerability in his TNT run before he takes over and destroys. Sammy is long overdue something to bring him up a level, hope it’s not a one and done 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Louch said:

Add a match over a car to the hair stip. needless. Could have had Miro call him out again now he’s contracted threatening to punish him for ignoring the stip last time. Stories to make everything mean something can easily make everything mean nothing 

It wasn't over the car. Miro didn't want the car, he said in the build and on the show. Feugo put his car up toshow how much he'd give for the opportunity. Miro just wanted to finish the job. Terrific bit of business. I really enjoyed the match, I think it's a shame the live crowd didn't care as much and the ad break hurt the momentum. Miro was amazing though.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

It wasn't over the car. Miro didn't want the car, he said in the build and on the show. Feugo put his car up toshow how much he'd give for the opportunity. Miro just wanted to finish the job. Terrific bit of business. I really enjoyed the match, I think it's a shame the live crowd didn't care as much and the ad break hurt the momentum. Miro was amazing though.

Putting up a can no one wants is even worse. Why even talk about the car at all, just a nonsense. They have enough chemistry in ring that it didn’t need a stip that the guy being challenged didn’t even want. A match for a match sale is plenty