AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, Louch said:

Cracking hour of tv. 

Acclaimed rap then Bowens match with Danielson was good. 

Punk & Kingston was just brilliant. Can see Punk enjoy going towards the being a dick, and Kingston thrive knowing he needs to be his best or will get chewed up. Just had a massive smile on my face start to finish. 

Jungle Boy is still so awkward talking. His hands by his side just looks so nervous. 

HFO theme gives me the fear, least they kept Bunny and Red Velvet short. Velvet inviting the giant Jade into the ring post match when she should be wary of the size difference is pure Brandi tho 

John Silver vs Budge. The mark Henry interview was fun. Give me some BTE with silver and Henry. Wouldn’t have had Cole on tv Friday after the Conchairto two days before. Kinda thing wwe has been slated for for years to not sell big things, this could have waited till Wednesday. Liked silver catching the low blow. Great near fall. Cole gave him a lot in the match, but caught him out with a good finish. How all good upper vs lower card matches should be

ricky starks adds nothing to commentary. Only seems to come alive when it’s Picture in Picture 

Its pure plucky, brave babyface, who also has Jade as her big wall to climb as she's failed before. Like any babyface, not specifically Brandi Rhodes. 

• Paid Members

Tony Khan is the cringiest person on Twitter, and that is some feat. Will be very interesting to see how he is in a year or two, whether he will remain the same or have disappeared up his own arse from the amount of arse licking there is under each of his tweets.

• Paid Members

Tony Khan can be the cringiest Twitter nerd until the end of time for all I care. Eddie Kingston was going to retire. But now, because Tony Khan decided to bring his e-fed to life, I get to see Eddie Kingston cutting promos like that. Incredible. What a card Full Gear has turned into. I can’t wait.

The CM punk/Eddie Kingston segment was fantastic, I was totally captivated by it and after I'd watched the rest of rampage immediately rewound it to watch the segment again... And enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time. 

Really looking forward to their match now and pretty much everything on Full Gear has my interest, should be a hell of a PPV!! 

It's actually insane how easy this match came together. 

Eddie Kingston trying to bite punks eye out is the greatest thing ever because I fundamentally believe that Eddie Kingston would try and bite my eye out if I pissed him off, or even if he just thought I did. What a man.

Punk as the happy to be here, let me help the young guys, but secretly we know he's a bit of a prick, getting wound up because Eddie knows who he really is, an absolutely beautiful piece of character work.

When it's this easy to produce good wrestling, it just makes the bad stuff even more unbearable.

• Paid Members

As a counterpoint, I thought the Punk / Kingston segment was awful. I've always thought Eddie Kingston was shit and I dreaded it every time somebody made the mistake of sticking a mic in his hand on NWA Powerrrr so we can listen to more of his endless whining.

I knew that they would go the boring 'Ugh you held me down' route with this instead of a much simpler 'heel Kingston lost his shit, babyface Punk responds' route which is all this feud needed to be based on! Alas not, now we have this stupid 'which one's the REAL heel' dynamic that has contributed so much towards making wrestling so utterly uninteresting for years now instead of a simple feud. But at least we'll get some rad duelling chants at PPV, eh!

Even Punk didn't know how to respond to Kingston's mindless ranting and raving (what the FUCK was that shit about Covid, god!) and that guy can talk his way out of any ropey segment, stumbling around until they finally had a tedious pull-apart at the end. Maybe Punk can drag Kingston to a decent match like Danielson did but quite honestly, and I know that you're pissing in the wind criticising Kingston on here for some reason, this was at best a missed opportunity to do a proper wrestling feud properly and at worst cringeworthy and stupid.

• Paid Members

I’ll agree that I didn’t enjoy the first half as much as the second. Anything that veers into, “I’m shooting now,” territory normally puts me off completely, but once they got going and it was just two angry lads being pricks to each other I was hooked.

Eddie screaming, “fight me!” at Punk, then batting his hand away as Punk holds his arm out? The most authentic, believable moment in forever.

Even though we know how much wrestling has lost its way and became the weirdest parody of how real people talk and behave, something like that hammers it home more than ever. The only time I can ever remember anything like that happening in the last decade plus was when Dusty put his hand in Steph’s face. And then it came out that it was unplanned, caused heat and resulted in Dusty never being given a live mic again. Amazing.

Edited by Supremo

I agree with @Supremoin that I enjoyed the second part of that segment more than the first. It started with Punk being annoyed because he got inturrupted and it went on like that for a bit and reminded me of many real life conversations I've seen where people are being incredibly boring by bickering over something so fucking stupid. But the second half was great.

• Paid Members

It was fucking great. It built great, the intensity was great, the brawl was great and the looks on their faces afterwards were phenomenal. Eddie is absolutely tremendous. A real revelation for me over this last 2 years. Just bloody brilliant. 

No one has to justify loving it. Just as Dev doesn't have to justify hating it. 

It was great. Did I mention?

Eddie is one of those guys that I find hard to believe people wouldn't be invested in. I get we all have different tastes but he's so authentic and genuine that I'd think he would win around 99.9% of people given the chance. Some of his promos in AEW alone have made me want him to succeed more than anyone that isn't Hangman.