AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

8 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I find it hard to get invested in wrestlers who are not full-time in AEW (Suzuki did nothing for me - his matches felt inconsequential) but the HFO/Cassidy feud might be the worst storyline in the history of AEW. Hardy is abysmal as a character. The whole stable is the most comprehensive collection of mediocre I’ve seen in some time. I’m assuming that this will conclude with the long-threatened hair stop, but fuck me, I don’t want to see it. 

That's fair, although I think someone like Okada coming in is a way bigger deal (to the AEW fanbase in general) than Suzuki. I mean, Omega/Okada 5 would be quite the match to build to, although I guess NJPW would want that for a WrestleKingdom or something.

Matt Hardy is just someone I have no interest in seeing in a wrestling company in 2021, it’s not just the feud with OC.

He hasn’t been interesting since the Broken character in TNA. He’s had one moment in AEW that is worth watching and that was going through his characters in the pool which was all of a minute.

I wish he would just fuck off.

• Paid Members

Is this then writing the Best Friends out for a little tour of Japan or a few outings in NJPW Strong? With the talk about them being invited to join Chaos on Dynamite, maybe they're cycling them out of the main show for a little bit. Almost two years in will some contracts be coming up for renewal as well? 

6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is this then writing the Best Friends out for a little tour of Japan or a few outings in NJPW Strong? With the talk about them being invited to join Chaos on Dynamite, maybe they're cycling them out of the main show for a little bit. Almost two years in will some contracts be coming up for renewal as well? 

Joey Janela mentioned his contract is coming due in the next few weeks. I have to imagine there are going to be a fair few people not getting renewed.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Darby/Gunn up until that kickout. Rest of the show was a big nothing. Jericho is getting worse on commentary every week and Taz, Starks and Excalibur are getting more obviously annoyed by him every week.

Also if wrestlers could stop saying "shit" that'd be great. Getting very tiring.

I enjoyed Darby/Gunn to be honest, don't think it matters that he kicked out of the first coffin drop, hardly believable that a move like that would keep a bloke the size of Gunn down anyway.

Tag main event was brilliant. Hope Jungle Boy goes over Cole in there inevitable rematch, but think Cole will probably be the challenger for the belt at the next PPV.

• Paid Members

Darby/Gunn was really good. Completely different pace to AEW matches in general, commentary was excellent at getting both guys across and they didn't lose the crowd. I just don't know why he's kicking out of Darby's finish at 1. If he was Will Hobbs, I'd get it but he's 87 years old and isn't going anywhere. A mad decision. 

Jade and Velvet was good enough. I like Jade. There's plenty there and she's come on a bundle.

QT Marshall promo was fine. He's another guy people shit on for god knows what reason? He's a good low card heel. Skiavone always bounces off him well. Punk's retort was short and sweet. No problem with any of this.

Was a bit distracted for the main but honestly, all that mattered from that was that they didn't make JB eat another bloody loss. Him getting a good win was perfect. His promo work was better again. Not as good as Christian's but up on what he had been doing.

Do we really need to see the Ass Man and the Ass Boys carry on their feud with Sting and Darby. Same with IC vs ATT. Full Gear was the perfect end for that feud. 

I actually Punk/QT will be a good Match. QT is the modern day Larry Zbyszko, neither were/are appreciated in their time. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Do we really need to see the Ass Man and the Ass Boys carry on their feud with Sting and Darby. 

Perfect match to get Sting a wrestling appearance and a win isn't it? Them Gunn lads will bump around for him like mad.