AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Jericho's attempt at running to the ring was hilariously sad. Hopefully he's fucking off on tour sooner rather than later.

Kingston/Garcia was great. Garcia being this good at 22...he's definitely one to watch. Kingston is one of the few guys around whose unique style perfectly fits his character. He grew up on the streets but loved watching Japanese wrestling at home so as an adult he wrestles in a perfect mix of street fighting brawling and the strikes/moves of all his childhood heroes. Love it.

Edited by LaGoosh

Only positive I can see is that with any luck, Eddie can keep up his good friend run and Jericho ends up getting the help he needs when their runs over as well 

19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is this the first time AEW have gone for that WWE trope we all hate where you have to beat the champion to get a chance to beat the champion? 

They had one a couple of weeks ago with “I’m Well Scary Me!” Abadon having to beat Britt to get a shot at the women’s title, which she then lost any way

• Paid Members
Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

They had one a couple of weeks ago with “I’m Well Scary Me!” Abadon having to beat Britt to get a shot at the women’s title, which she then lost any way

That's fine. It shouldn't be something you know the champ will lose. Because of that, I thought Britt would win here which made it a mild surprise. 

Jericho was really good in that opening match. His best stuff on commentary for ages. Agree he then looked crap at the end. Milking a pop that wasn't coming didn't help either. Having made it so obvious that Jericho would run in, Mox coming out instead would have been great.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

That's fine. It shouldn't be something you know the champ will lose. Because of that, I thought Britt would win here which made it a mild surprise. 

Agreed, was more just answering @HarmonicGenerator’s question that they’ve done it before, and quite recently too 

People were in a bit of a worry that Jericho will be commentating on Dynamite going forward with JR taking a leave of absence, but isn’t Jericho going out on a Fozzy tour soon too?

8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Jericho was really good in that opening match. His best stuff on commentary for ages. Agree he then looked crap at the end. Milking a pop that wasn't coming didn't help either. Having made it so obvious that Jericho would run in, Mox coming out instead would have been great.

I’m not sure where they’re going with this outside of the tag match, if anywhere, but I quite like the idea of a Kingston/Jericho feud.

They've also had Sydal v. Omega which was billed as an Eliminator match. I can't think of any other specific examples and its hard to find since that's been the name of the tournaments they've ran. There might have been at least one tag one for  instance.

It's something they throw out on occasion to spice up a singles match with a champion and someone else not seen as deserving a title shot. Riho might have been the first one to win.

____________Edit to add___________________

according to Cagematch

World Title Eliminators:

Omega (c) beat Sydal

Women's World Title:

Riho beat Baker (c)

Shida (c) beat Reba/Rebel

World Tag Titles:

Kingston & Penta beat the Young Bucks (c)

Young Bucks (c) beat the Sydals

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

People were in a bit of a worry that Jericho will be commentating on Dynamite going forward with JR taking a leave of absence, but isn’t Jericho going out on a Fozzy tour soon too?

I think he's touring Europe most of December. It'll be good to get a break from him for sure.

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

They've also had Sydal v. Omega which was billed as an Eliminator match. I can't think of any other specific examples and its hard to find since that's been the name of the tournaments they've ran. There might have been at least one tag one for  instance.

It's something they throw out on occasion to spice up a singles match with a champion and someone else not seen as deserving a title shot. Riho might have been the first one to win.

____________Edit to add___________________

according to Cagematch

World Title Eliminators:

Omega (c) beat Sydal

Women's World Title:

Riho beat Baker (c)

Shida (c) beat Reba/Rebel

World Tag Titles:

Kingston & Penta beat the Young Bucks (c)

Young Bucks (c) beat the Sydals

Omega vs Fenix after the tournament last year when he had to step out hurt 

5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is this the first time AEW have gone for that WWE trope we all hate where you have to beat the champion to get a chance to beat the champion? 

To be fair, Riho was wrongfully eliminated from the champions contender battle royale at All Out (she went through the middle ropes) so this championship match opportunity is really just making good on that.

I suppose it would’ve made a bit more sense having her go against Hayter, who was responsible for Riho’s “elimination” but otherwise I don’t have a problem with it.

• Paid Members

That was probably the best episode of Rampage. That opening tag match was great stuff. Everyone got there bits in, Yuta looked good in it and it just had a nice pace. Never got into Rhio. She is so danty compared to everyone else, but it was another good match with a nice update win. Love Garcia and Kingston, again another good back and forth where, even though he lost again, Garcia doesn’t look a loser. 

The Jericho run in was pants though.

Bit of a fantasy booking run, but thinking if Eddie took out Jericho for jerichos tour, it could set some interesting things up while he’s away. You could have Eddie take the TNT title, going after Sammys ribs. Put tension with Santana and Ortiz if he calls back their history.
Just a random Sunday thought, but it’d be good to have him have something to get deep into since all the great work with Punk just ground to a halt