DavidB6937 Posted March 12, 2025 Posted March 12, 2025 Pisses me off when the green milk runs out at work and people suggest I should just use the blue milk. HOW ABOUT NO YOU FUCKING PSYCHOS. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 I like gold top in my tea, and if I haven't got that, I'll put butter in it. </vicreeves> But actually I do like milk in tea/coffee, cereal, and on its own, particularly whole milk or Jersey (though I've recently been told my cholesterol is a tad too high, so am cutting down on all dairy and eggs). Don't mind semi-skimmed, but skimmed is just completely pointless. Also, there's been some oat milks recently that are really nice in coffee - it's quite indulgent and tasty, and doesn't have the heaviness of dairy. But I've had various people tell me that they're not very good for you, on account of being highly processed. Doesn't stop me - almost no fucking thing is good for you these days, it seems. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: Those absolute wronguns who drink milk need to be put under the prison. Reminds me of the McPoyles. I was drinking milk in a dressing gown long before they came long. A nice ice cold glass of milk (I’m sure we had a thread about this) is probably my favourite drink. Green top all the way. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12, 2025 Members Posted March 12, 2025 58 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: I was drinking milk in a dressing gown long before they came long. A nice ice cold glass of milk (I’m sure we had a thread about this) is probably my favourite drink. Green top all the way. I'm upvoting you because you break bricks wet nips. But you should be jailed. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 Get the cuffs out, PC Bacon. A glass of semi-skimmed is an absolute treat, and that’s even without a chocolate chip cookie to go with it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12, 2025 Members Posted March 12, 2025 2 minutes ago, hallicks said: PC Bacon Obviously I can't stand the police but can you imagine if I'd gone down that career path... Quote
simonworden Posted March 13, 2025 Posted March 13, 2025 Might be better off in the Facebook updates thread but nevermind I've got a stinking cold and full of annoyance. I see more and more situations where someone says something online commenting negatively on something or someone in a constructive way. Sometimes their only asking questions, not even being negative. You can bet your life savings one of the first responses focuses around this sentence "you're just jealous because you can't afford x,y,z" The one today that sent me over the edge was someone asking if NXT stand and deliver doors were really 8am and they got that reply. When did this "jealous/can't afford it" become a common mud slinging insult. Really nice to throw out there in these times too! Quote
deathrey Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 I haven't really seen the jealousy response on social.media. The vast majority of posts I see, whether relevant or not, seem to descend in to woke bashing Quote
organizedkaos Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 (edited) Quote When did this "jealous/can't afford it" become a common mud slinging insult. Really nice to throw out there in these times too! One reason is probably that Gen Z / zeitgeist culture is extremely weath/status based... Obviously society has generally been that to some extent but yeah the hustle/get the bag mindset now does seem to be very on the wealth = value track. You can see it in all sorts of factors, a good example of the shift is the fact that selling out is no longer considered a bad thing (and yeah, I think chastising artists in the past for wanting to make money wasn't great, but now it's all very McDonalds tie in meal or having your song in advert). I assume part of it is the whole influencer/social media thing pushing this general deification of opulence. Also the fact they are a generation that are generally quite focussed on achievement, much more so than most of us slightly directionless "lets just have a good time" millenials. The internet has allowed people to turn their hobbies into a buisness and in many cases that's great, but it's again created a system where the thing you do for fun has a quantative value. I guess the internet has also allowed people to turn their opinions into a buisness, if people like what you have to say they subscribe, give you engagement and that is measured in... income! Everyone is an individual and their qualities can be measured in how much money they make from said qualities. You need to convey your values so you need to visibly be spending the money you make. Thus the best way to put someone down... suggest they're poor. Edited March 14, 2025 by organizedkaos Adam Freeland - We want your soul (Radio Edit) Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted March 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2025 In the Top of the Pops chronology that's running on BBC Four they bin entire episodes when there's a wrong 'un on them. Puff Daddy has caused us to miss most of June, July, and August 1997, which admittedly is not the worse thing he's done by a long stretch, but he can add messing up my Friday early evening viewing to the rapsheet. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2025 On the plus side, at least you don't have to listen to Puff Daddy. On a similar subject, I'm at my parents' and my mum was watching Beat the Chasers and they didn't have any problem showing the Gregg Wallace episode. Quote
Chili Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: On the plus side, at least you don't have to listen to Puff Daddy. On a similar subject, I'm at my parents' and my mum was watching Beat the Chasers and they didn't have any problem showing the Gregg Wallace episode. If he'd have performed with Sting it'd be a different story. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2025 My biggest annoyance is people trying to tell me I shouldn't be annoyed about whatever it is. On 1/22/2025 at 10:33 AM, air_raid said: A bloke in Mrs raid's team (in his 50s, permanently baffled) is a proven bullshitter and is prone to making his phone calls with customers last as long as possible so he doesn't have to take has many. Will go off on a tangent about a service the customer hasn't ordered, just so he can talk for a bit then punctuate with "however, because you've ordered X, that's not the case," - that kind of stuff. On 1/31/2025 at 12:19 PM, air_raid said: Update on this wally. Just caught him saying on the phone "All our numbers will be seven digits long. For example, 5-7-8, 7-1-7-4." FUCK ME. There's waffle and then there's plain insulting the customer's intelligence! On 1/31/2025 at 12:33 PM, air_raid said: The other day he said to Mrs raid and me (non-breeders) "As a parent, every day your kid isn't brought home by the police is a great day." The silent glances the rest of the parents in the room exchanged were PRICELESS. The other day we were complaining about how some of the scumbags on the main road nearest our street think nothing of having noisy street parties in their front gardens on weeknights featuring such activities as loud music and/or karaoke, drunken squabbling and setting fireworks off, as late as 3AM on occasions. This prick said "They're just carefree, just enjoying their life." FUCK YOU PAL. Quote
lars85 Posted March 19, 2025 Posted March 19, 2025 They're having fun, Maggle! But yeah, he sounds like a massive prick. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted March 19, 2025 Posted March 19, 2025 When a really interesting discussion thread has to be shut down because it’s shitposted in by a WOS fanboy Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.