DavidB6937 Posted March 20, 2025 Posted March 20, 2025 Facebook's stupid fucking algorithm that believes that just because I watched a video once or accidentally clicked on some stupid post it means I want to see every single one of the same thing for the rest of eternity. Quote
davertfnewman Posted March 20, 2025 Posted March 20, 2025 Yeah! My mate and I experienced this recently - we both had a video on the shorts section that looked like someone holding up a face mask with their finger through the eye hole. Turned out it was some mechanic who had lost his eye and could take his upper plate out and put his finger through the socket via his mouth! No thank you! Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 Manager to dept : I need all of you to do XYZ tasks by such and such time, let me know when done. Me, to only him : Done. everyone else (REPLY ALL) : Done …. is it only me that isn’t pissed off getting spammed with shit I don’t need to know? I just don’t understand other people, 90% of my life. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 My memory still pisses me off. Went to the hospital the other day and they ask stupid security questions. What year was my son born? Fuck knows. Anything past 2020 is basically all the same. Why can't they ask me all the words to Rollin' by Limp Bizkit? I can do that. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 21, 2025 Members Posted March 21, 2025 4 hours ago, air_raid said: Manager to dept : I need all of you to do XYZ tasks by such and such time, let me know when done. Me, to only him : Done. everyone else (REPLY ALL) : Done …. is it only me that isn’t pissed off getting spammed with shit I don’t need to know? I just don’t understand other people, 90% of my life. Ah reply all my old friend. "Is this meant for me?" Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted March 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 I’m currently on the late shifts with a guy who is a really nice bloke, but he just will not stop fucking talking all shift. He also narrates out loud everything he does. ”OK so I need to use these settings, and I’m going to do this this and this, and this is how I’m going to word this email” At first I thought he was asking me if he was doing it correctly, or he’s saying it out loud for reassurance that he’s not doing it wrong, but now it’s clear that he just can’t sit in silence for 5 minutes. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 21, 2025 Members Posted March 21, 2025 18 minutes ago, Slapnut said: I’m currently on the late shifts with a guy who is a really nice bloke, but he just will not stop fucking talking all shift. He also narrates out loud everything he does. ”OK so I need to use these settings, and I’m going to do this this and this, and this is how I’m going to word this email” At first I thought he was asking me if he was doing it correctly, or he’s saying it out loud for reassurance that he’s not doing it wrong, but now it’s clear that he just can’t sit in silence for 5 minutes. I'm afraid you're gonna have to drop a real stinker to stop this. I'd suggest something along the lines of you vote Reform, think dictators have the right ideas sometimes or that you write on an Internet wrestling forum. But there is the chance he will agree with one of, if not all three, and then you're in a worse position. Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted March 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 The problem there, Bacon, is that I’m far too polite to backtrack and say I was lying, so before long I’ll be wearing a MAGA hat and doing a “roman salute”. I could tell him I’m a Seth Rollins fan though, that might do the trick. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, Slapnut said: I’m currently on the late shifts with a guy who is a really nice bloke, but he just will not stop fucking talking all shift. He also narrates out loud everything he does. I was coming here to post the same. But it’s a major annoyance for me. And the person I’m working with isn’t even a nice person. Started a new job in January and occasionally have to do a couple of shifts with this woman. First time I was looking forward to it as it was someone new. It was all downhill from there. She does not stop talking for the whole 12 hour shift. Sometimes it’s not to me, she’s just talking in general. It drives me fucking mad. It’s non fucking stop. She has a massive ego and I correctly guessed a lot of what she was saying was bollocks when another co-worker who works with her frequently moaned about her as he hates her. As does everyone else except the manager. I’m trying to think of a polite way of being able to tell her to shut the fuck up. There’s so much attention seeking “omg I can’t believe what I’ve just read. Have they just said that” and other similar shit that even when you ignore it, she just tells you anyway. The other night everything was “you know when”. One example was “you know when you put on your shoes” “yeah?” No follow up. No ending. Just “yeah that hahahaha”. That evening I had 5 minutes of bliss when she was stuffing her fat fucking gob with dinner and then went to the toilet immediately after. I can’t even watch anything in between our jobs of check calls and camera checks because it’s constant GBH to my ears I suppose the biggest annoyance to come is from Monday I’m doing six nights in a row with her. Six nights. 72 hours of her waffling. One of us is going through the window. I’ve bought a couple of packets of fags as I will be taking very long smoke breaks. Edited March 21, 2025 by TheBurningRed Quote
davertfnewman Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 Two hundred plus words until we got to the point her mouth is used for either yapping or eating, which we all knew was coming. The "Yeah?" affectation reminds me of my auntie, who's lovely, but has the bad habit of doing the same, which if you feed into will begin an endless loop. "It's sunny outside, yeah?" "Yes." "Yeah." "Indeed." "Very sunny, yeah?" "Yes..." Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted March 21, 2025 Posted March 21, 2025 I know I could just say all YouTube comments in general but the ones that annoy me atm are know-it-all's posting on recipe videos everything the chef is doing wrong like they are Uncle Rodger. My favourite comment you see loads is "he is using metal tongs on a non stick pan, what an idiot". When the chef is using an expensive carbon steel pan which you can use metal kitchen implements on. It's not some bloody cheap Tefal non stick pan and if the chef cooking the recipe is Gordon fucking Ramsay, he might know what he is doing more than you. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 21, 2025 Members Posted March 21, 2025 2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: The other night everything was “you know when”. One example was “you know when you put on your shoes” “yeah?” No follow up. No ending. Just “yeah that hahahaha”. Amazing. I look forward to a year's time when you're posting voice notes about her and moaning about her "kidney bean shaped head"* *We miss you Branquey. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 People using those tiny little lavalier microphones hand held instead of clipping them onto their shirt. Especially when interviewing someone. In a similar vein - those big bulky Rode Wireless Go mics clipped onto someones shirt in YouTube videos look so low rent to me. Even though they're really good bits of kit, they look too heavy to be attached to a t-shirt. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted March 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2025 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: People using those tiny little lavalier microphones hand held instead of clipping them onto their shirt. Especially when interviewing someone. In a similar vein - those big bulky Rode Wireless Go mics clipped onto someones shirt in YouTube videos look so low rent to me. Even though they're really good bits of kit, they look too heavy to be attached to a t-shirt. In a similar “you’re using wrong” vein, I don’t understand why people for the past few years have taken to using phones by putting them on speaker and holding it horizontally in front of their mouth, instead of just, y’know, holding the phone to their ear. Why do people do this? How is that any better? All they do is end up saying “you wot?” over and over because they didn’t hear the person on the other end over traffic or whatever. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 22, 2025 Posted March 22, 2025 1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said: In a similar “you’re using wrong” vein, I don’t understand why people for the past few years have taken to using phones by putting them on speaker and holding it horizontally in front of their mouth, instead of just, y’know, holding the phone to their ear. Why do people do this? How is that any better? All they do is end up saying “you wot?” over and over because they didn’t hear the person on the other end over traffic or whatever. Because how else would we know how important they and their conversation is? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.