cobra_gordo Posted March 7, 2025 Posted March 7, 2025 (edited) My two eldest kids got one each. Daughters was worth about 800 quid when she cashed in on it and my son's is currently sat at around a grand but he's not 18 til next year so he's hoping it doesn't drop. They're nice chunks of money to have, that £800 went someway towards her first car. Unfortunately my 12 year old son missed out on getting one by a year and he knows the other two did OK out of theirs so I'm going to have to fork out so he's not left out. Thanks government. Edited March 7, 2025 by cobra_gordo Spelling Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 45 minutes ago, deathrey said: It isn't @air_raid. But those who did get them whilst they were active are now coming to the age that they can cash them out or do whatever with them. The scheme ended in 2011. LOL. The fact the scheme ended the calendar year before I actually was unceremoniously asked to leave left the bank, is probably an indicator that I was a little... "checked out" already by that point. Quote
deathrey Posted March 7, 2025 Posted March 7, 2025 (edited) We didn't get one for either of mine as they are two young. When they were born, I decided I would save all their Child Benefit in savings accounts for them. I haven't managed to do that every month but I've got a decent amount for them both. I need to apply for DLA for my eldest, I can't face the form at the moment but need to give my self a swift kicking and do it. They (purposefully) make this shit so complicated, it's so difficult to navigate that it puts most people off Edited March 7, 2025 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 58 minutes ago, deathrey said: We didn't get one for either of mine as they are two young. When they were born, I decided I would save all their Child Benefit in savings accounts for them. I haven't managed to do that every month but I've got a decent amount for them both. I need to apply for DLA for my eldest, I can't face the form at the moment but need to give my self a swift kicking and do it. They (purposefully) make this shit so complicated, it's so difficult to navigate that it puts most people off If you (or anyone else, for that matter) need any help or pointers regarding the DLA stuff, drop me a DM. I've done so many of the bastards in my time that I've got it down to a fine, painful art. But yeah, you definitely have to be in the right mindset to do one, they are exhausting. Quote
deathrey Posted March 7, 2025 Posted March 7, 2025 Cheers @Devon Malcolm, the offer is much appreciated Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 9, 2025 Posted March 9, 2025 Trying to get the kids to put their stuff in the dishwasher after meals but the weird diagonal backwards ways they manage to put things in there I might as well just do it myself. Fucks sake. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted March 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 9, 2025 (edited) I have the same issue with the adults in my house. Edited March 9, 2025 by BigJag Quote
Tamura Posted March 10, 2025 Posted March 10, 2025 Facebook's hilariously not fit for purpose news feed algorithm that persists in thinking the first thing I should see in my feed is what a local venue was showing on TV over a week ago. Quote
deathrey Posted March 12, 2025 Posted March 12, 2025 We only have (the kids) full fat milk because I haven't had time to go shopping - I usually have semi-skimmed. I've just been to make a cup of tea and it just tastes shit. Doesn't hit the spot at all, the taste, the texture (tongue feel?) is all wrong. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 12, 2025 Moderators Posted March 12, 2025 I can't tell the difference between semi or full on tea (I use full at home but work only had semi) but fully skimmed milk is completely useless for tea. Quote
deathrey Posted March 12, 2025 Posted March 12, 2025 Oh, I think it's a very very obvious difference in tea (and agree that skimmed is pointless) I feel like their is a layer of fat in my tea and on my tongue which dulls the taste. I do like full fat in coffee though. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12, 2025 Members Posted March 12, 2025 All (dairy) milk is absolutely vile. Quote
deathrey Posted March 12, 2025 Posted March 12, 2025 Please tell me what alternative milks you have that taste decent in real because I have found none. Oat milk is great for coffee but all non-dairy milk makes tea absolutely shit Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12, 2025 Members Posted March 12, 2025 5 minutes ago, deathrey said: Please tell me what alternative milks you have that taste decent in real because I have found none. Oat milk is great for coffee but all non-dairy milk makes tea absolutely shit Yeah I only really like oat milk in coffee and cereal. I can't remember the last time I had a cup of tea with milk in it but I can't imagine non dairy milk works well with it at all sadly. Almond is a last resort. I've never liked milk to be honest. Those absolute wronguns who drink milk need to be put under the prison. Reminds me of the McPoyles. Quote
deathrey Posted March 12, 2025 Posted March 12, 2025 I can get that, I do have it in cereal where you can't really taste it and in tea and coffee. The thought of drinking a glass of milk makes me gag. I don't know how people drink it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.