Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

dealing with all manner of dickheads at work today, and I think the most irritating complaint is someone telling me that something "doesn't work". Well, it works for absolutely everybody else that's used it today, so maybe entertain the possibility that it's you that's doing it wrong?

Hogan been in?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just read a wiki entry make reference to a musicians “sophomore mixtape.” FUCKING HELL, is that how the kids say “second EP” these days? Stop the world, I want to get off.

Posted
10 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Just read a wiki entry make reference to a musicians “sophomore mixtape.” FUCKING HELL, is that how the kids say “second EP” these days? Stop the world, I want to get off.

That’s not a new thing unfortunately. Stupid as hell I agree

Posted
26 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Just read a wiki entry make reference to a musicians “sophomore mixtape.” FUCKING HELL, is that how the kids say “second EP” these days? Stop the world, I want to get off.

Mixtapes and EPs are different things.

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Mixtapes and EPs are different things.

“Mixtape” when there’s not going to be a physical tape involved still makes my brain itch. Like streaming services saying they have “box sets” for a whole series. Umm, no. There’s no box, what’s wrong with you??

Posted
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

“Mixtape” when there’s not going to be a physical tape involved still makes my brain itch. Like streaming services saying they have “box sets” for a whole series. Umm, no. There’s no box, what’s wrong with you??

I agree. Like watching a "film" thats actual a digital file or on a little plastic disc.

  • Moderators
Posted
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Mixtape” when there’s not going to be a physical tape involved still makes my brain itch.

Good news! Tapes have made a comeback, so some of them will actually be physical tapes.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Good news! Tapes have made a comeback, so some of them will actually be physical tapes.

That is great news. Presumably pencil sales have gone up as a consequence.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

That is great news. Presumably pencil sales have gone up as a consequence.

Biros too

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, air_raid said:

“Mixtape” when there’s not going to be a physical tape involved still makes my brain itch. Like streaming services saying they have “box sets” for a whole series. Umm, no. There’s no box, what’s wrong with you??

How many people listen to podcasts on an iPod?

Mixtape is just a term now for something that's looser than an album, often released for free. Seems often done by rappers so they can rap over a bunch of songs that aren't there's (and avoid rights issues). Generally has actual performance involved rather than a mix which would be straight DJing. Chilli Gonzales did an great piano mixtape a few years back that's him playing piano over all sorts of tracks 

People actually refer to Cassette Mixtapes now so yes, i'm afraid this is just one of those examples of language changing.

Tapes can fuck off into the bin though.  Or maybe my inability to throw them into the bin is the problem. I'm amassing far too many of the blighters and whilst it was cute at first I just end up listening to the digital version because tapes are a pain in the arse. I just don't quite want to throw them away because they're music i bought.

Edited by organizedkaos
Greg Wilson editing a tape using a razor blade
  • Awards Moderator
Posted
8 hours ago, organizedkaos said:

How many people listen to podcasts on an iPod? 

Me! I do. I’m clinging onto my 15+ year old iPod as long as I can. It still works more often than it doesn’t.

  • Paid Members
Posted

We don't have a Major Annoyances thread so it'll have to go here.

My son turns 18 on Sunday and the last few days have mostly involved me dealing with Citizen Card and Child Trust Fund and let me tell you, I have not enjoyed this experience, not one bit. And it's far from over. I hope nobody on here ever has to deal with these people.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Child Trust Fund

Fucking hell, havent thought about that since I left Nationwide in 2012. Can't believe its still a thing, to be honest.

Posted

It isn't @air_raid. But those who did get them whilst they were active are now coming to the age that they can cash them out or do whatever with them. The scheme ended in 2011.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...