wordsfromlee Posted April 9, 2025 Posted April 9, 2025 We have one of those ‘glorified sheds with a chest freezer’ garages. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 9, 2025 My dad's garage hasn't seen a vehicle in it since he built it. Unless you count the lawnmower. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 9, 2025 35 minutes ago, gmoney said: Not correct. Garage can also refer to a car mechanic. True, but if I wanted to be pedantic (and you know I do).. you still park the car for the work to be done, right? 36 minutes ago, gmoney said: What's this "fucking garage" you mention, is this a variant? Ah, sadly the world is not as Brazzers would have us believe. As I recently found out when I acquired a sister-in-law. Quote
davertfnewman Posted April 9, 2025 Posted April 9, 2025 Interesting to think how everyone will have read parking garage as "garahj" and garage as "garridge". Quote
Tamura Posted April 10, 2025 Posted April 10, 2025 11 hours ago, davertfnewman said: Interesting to think how everyone will have read parking garage as "garahj" and garage as "garridge". Only Reform UK supporters who mispronounce their führer's name. It's easy to remember how it should be said - Farage; rhymes with garage. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2025 (edited) Just been walking behind someone in public who was loudly shouting into their phone while on speakerphone mode. I’m full of “young people do weird things” annoyances, but I can’t even fathom why anyone would consider that normal behaviour. On the earlier Facebook discussion, I’ve seen 4-5 different pages sharing a Rosie Jones post cynically designed to garner hate engagement. I’ve long suspected that many pages are set up to share funny memes/videos to garner likes before gradually turning the wheel to plaster my feed with malicious shite. Facebook had a sweet spot in the late 2000’s before everyone’s mam discovered it. Its gone beyond the fucking pale by now. Edited April 10, 2025 by garynysmon Quote
Thefatduck Posted April 10, 2025 Posted April 10, 2025 Totally agree. Sacked it off a few years ago as it was a cesspit. Felt great. Got back on it to promote my new and exciting* reading group. Set up a totally new page, engaged with nothing except reading/book/ library pages and it’s still full of violent, sexist, American bollocks. I’m tired *no excitement guaranteed. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2025 4 hours ago, garynysmon said: Just been walking behind someone in public who was loudly shouting into their phone while on speakerphone mode. I was in Next earlier. Mrs Onyx went to try something on so I sat in the pit of despair where men uncomfortably look downwards trying not to get accused of being a perv and struggle with 1 bar of mobile signal. A VERY LOUD woman with the most Oirish accent I've ever heard outside of Mrs Brown's Boys sits next to me. She answers a WhatsApp call. "Can you hear me? CAN YOU HEAR ME? Wait, I'll put you on speaker..." I texted Mrs Onyx that I was waiting in the car. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 14, 2025 This is really minor but... it's annoying me how often I see the word "pimp" turning up in family friendly spaces. I already felt unsettled at seeing "pimp your fries" as an option on a menu, but the other week the nice, safe, twee Tesco magazine mentioned you could "pimp" your recipe with XYZ. I know its become a seemingly-accepted synonym for "glam up"/improve (blame Pimp My Ride, I guess) but.. it really shouldn't, should it, given what the word really means? I'd hate to imagine kids bragging that they've "pimped" their pencil case at school because they don't know what it really means. .... have I dated myself there? Do kids still need pencil cases or is it all on their tablets these days? Quote
davertfnewman Posted April 15, 2025 Posted April 15, 2025 I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the videos on Facebook and Instagram and the like where someone pulls an actor who appears like a tramp out of the mud and off the street and takes them into a salon, trims down their hair and beard, and by the end they look like an old hipster, the tramp giving these befuddled looks through the process and then this "How wonderful!" smug look at the end. As if the tramp wouldn't be covered in bugs and infections and scars. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted April 21, 2025 Posted April 21, 2025 Completely pedantic annoyance on my part bit but something I've seen written/talked about online and amongst friends over the past few days "At least I've got Wrestlemania for free" Well unless you've somehow gotten a free Netflix subscription that is completely factually untrue Now I 100% understand what everyone is saying, they already had a Netflix sub before WWE arrived on the platform so it feels like your not paying for it and with the £9.99 network subscription no longer needed it is of course a net gain of a tenner overall for those who used to have both Netflix and WWE Network and for those who never had the network but had Netflix it's no extra cost at all But you technically aren't experiencing the show for Free as you still need to be paying for a subscription and if you only had the network and not Netflix before this you've probably paid more per month now than you were before (admittedly their is probably 0.01% of people that applies to) As I said a completely pedantic annoyance on my part and totally understand why people say it but just something that has slowly bugged me more and more I hear it this past week Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 21, 2025 Members Posted April 21, 2025 Maybe they've shared someone's account? Quote
davertfnewman Posted April 21, 2025 Posted April 21, 2025 Glad someone else posted something so I can share another current annoyance without it being a double post. Facebook and Instagram stories and short clips. For some reason, even though it's not something I would ever look up, I'm getting videos of people missing part of their cranium or with a nose reattached to their face because of it being bitten off by a dog or just some people who look like they should be part of the Jim Rose Circus. Really unsettling stuff and not what you want to see. I end up hiding everything to avoid them being presented again. Quote
Version1.0 Posted April 21, 2025 Posted April 21, 2025 Probably more than minor, but having to spend Easter with a very Pro-Trump non-blood relative. Oh, and he likes talking about it. What a bellend. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.