The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I really struggle to understand how someone in a fictional environment is 'moaning' about how they, as an actor are portrayed in fictional storylines. It's fiction.

You've never heard of actors complaining about the size of their role? Seriously? 

In case anyone hasn’t seen it, Alvarez has said there is zero sympathy for Sasha Banks backstage on this. From reading what he said it would appear the talent have had enough of her tantrums. All heat seems on her rather than Naomi.

31 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I really struggle to understand how someone in a fictional environment is 'moaning' about how they, as an actor are portrayed in fictional storylines. It's fiction.

It’s ok when Bret Hart did it, obviously. 

I remember how someone on The Sopranos went to David Chase and suggested storylines and changes, Chase looked at them and said “What makes you think it’s your character?”  Can’t remember who it was, possibly Michael Imperioli, sure @wandshogun09or @SuperBacon can clarify. 

But it’s different where part of your wage comes from merch and that as opposed to a salaried role. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

The outcome of their fictional storylines affects their very non-fictional bank accounts. The more you're featured on TV, and the more you're presented as a star, the more money you make. It's all well and good saying, "it's fake, you shouldn't complain about not winning matches", but the fake winners of fake matches are making more real money.

At the end of the day, it's a job, and if you're not happy in your job, you're well within your rights to complain to your boss. If someone in a creative industry wants to take a bet on their own worth being better than how it's being perceived, all power to them - either it works out, happy days, or it doesn't, and what does that matter to anyone else? 

WWE can't have it both ways - they can't claim their wrestlers are independent contractors, then cry foul when they act like it.

1 hour ago, kieranjennings said:

What does an actor in a soap opera do if they don't like their storyline? If they are under contract they just have to go and do it don't they. Why is this any different? 

It's one of the most famous soap opera tropes of a character being recast due to the originating actor leaving for whatever reason. The 80s cliche being for an accident to happen off screen requiring plastic surgery.

7 minutes ago, FUM said:

In case anyone hasn’t seen it, Alvarez has said there is zero sympathy for Sasha Banks backstage on this. From reading what he said it would appear the talent have had enough of her tantrums. All heat seems on her rather than Naomi.

I'll caveat this by saying that I know you're just repeating what someone else has said, FUM. This genuinely isn't aimed at you. 

However, it's really interesting to note the language used when talking about Sasha and Naomi. "Tantrum", "hissy fit" etc. While I'm not saying these phrases aren't - and haven't been - used while talking about male wrestlers, it's pretty telling that almost every time a female wrestler is reported to have an issue with management, these words rear their ugly heads. It's disproportionately prominent. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, stewdogg said:

Famously, no actor in the history of Hollywood has ever had creative differences with the director. Because it’s fiction.

Sasha doesn't do bad from her merch I'd bet, nor Naomi either. The amount of youngsters wearing Boss glasses, and having glowsticks is insane. Perhaps they're thinking they should be worth more because their merch is a good seller, which is a pretty shitty take on other entertainers in the company.

I don't think it's fair to make a comparison to Bret Hart 26 years ago to modern day. Firstly, Vince needed Bret then, his company was on the brink of going out of business. Outside of Brock and Roman, Vince doesn't need anyone now. His company is making so much money he evidently doesn't give 2 hoots about what his contractors think. 

As for creative disagreements, yes of course that is a thing, but the nature of 'da biz' makes it almost impossible to get out of that situation, as would it in any long term contract. Danny Boyle decided he didn't want to direct Die Another Day due to creative differences, but he could go do something else as he didn't freely sign in to some long term contract agreement with the Broccoli estate.

Edited by stewdogg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, stewdogg said:

Probably got something to do with how the better you do, the higher up the card you’re positioned, means the more you get paid and the more T-shirts you sell which in turn means AGAIN how much you get paid, how much attention you get for sponsorships and acting gigs etc which are other ways to get paid etc. Its not a perfect parallel to EastEnders as some seem to think.

2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'll caveat this by saying that I know you're just repeating what someone else has said, FUM. This genuinely isn't aimed at you. 

However, it's really interesting to note the language used when talking about Sasha and Naomi. "Tantrum", "hissy fit" etc. While I'm not saying these phrases aren't - and haven't been - used while talking about male wrestlers, it's pretty telling that almost every time a female wrestler is reported to have an issue with management, these words rear their ugly heads. It's disproportionately prominent. 

They are constantly. Google just about any major wrestler with either Tantrum or Hissy Fit you'll be overrun by examples. Shawn Michaels in the late 90s probably tops the lot.

Seen comments online that imply that problems with Sasha are a regular problem. 

Unless I've missed something isn't this only the second time she had been involved in a serious backstage blowup?

And both times seem to have been connected to the tag belts which she seems to be deeply invested in making something of.