The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

45 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The one I always looked back on a the missed opportunity to do something different with the briefcase was the first one. Edge, already holding the briefcase, won the Gold Rush tournament to earn a shot at Batista. He got beat, fairly straightforward. What they COULD have done was have Edge, near defeat, grab a chair and go psycho on Batista, getting disqualified in that title shot. Then immediately cash in, and win.

I've always wanted to see that finish where a MITB gets a title shot on their own merit and then uses the contract as a double whammy to ensure they walk away with the belt. It would be fun as well if they did it but the challenger won without cashing in so they held almost an instant rematch incase.of emergencies. There's a lot they've never done with this gimmick surprisingly. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, simonworden said:

There's a lot they've never done with this gimmick surprisingly. 

I've always thought about the holder blindsiding a challenger on their way to the ring then getting in the ring to go face to face in a proper match with the champion, spur of the moment and the advantage of the champion being unprepared, but not quite the chickenshit attacking from behind/of an injured champion. But there's the logic hole of the smited challenger likely being recovered in time to get involved and ruin it. Unless said challenger did a CM Punk at Unforgiven 2008 sell.

One idea I read years ago that I thought could work was having someone hold the briefcase but having such a dominant and powerful Champion that the MITB Holder doesn't want to cash in on them but the clock is starting to wind down on the Year timeframe they have to cash in so they get desperate and try to find various ways to weaken the champion, paying people to attack them etc

It would have to be a heel holding the case of course (someone like The Miz type of character)

I mean we have the dominant Champion right now in Reigns who nobody is going to want to cash in on realistically.

1 minute ago, MVP RULZ said:

One idea I read years ago that I thought could work was having someone hold the briefcase but having such a dominant and powerful Champion that the MITB Holder doesn't want to cash in on them but the clock is starting to wind down on the Year timeframe they have to cash in so they get desperate and try to find various ways to weaken the champion, paying people to attack them etc

It would have to be a heel holding the case of course (someone like The Miz type of character)

Didn’t Miz do exactly that with Lashley and then Cashing in on Drew just last year?

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Didn’t Miz do exactly that with Lashley and then Cashing in on Drew just last year?

Similar. Miz wasn’t anywhere near on running out time to cash in, he’d won the briefcase from Otis somehow towards the end of the year before, so even if he just picked up Otis’ time he still has the better part of 6 months left

Whats the longest they’ve gone with someone holding the briefcase before cashing in? Was it that first year that Edge won it? He won it at Wrestlemania 22 then cashed in at New Years Revolution, which would’ve been around 9 months later. Have they ever come close to going that long since?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Similar. Miz wasn’t anywhere near on running out time to cash in, he’d won the briefcase from Otis somehow towards the end of the year before, so even if he just picked up Otis’ time he still has the better part of 6 months left

Whats the longest they’ve gone with someone holding the briefcase before cashing in? Was it that first year that Edge won it? He won it at Wrestlemania 22 then cashed in at New Years Revolution, which would’ve been around 9 months later. Have they ever come close to going that long since?

Pretty sure Carmella had a long run with it? Seth Rollins definitely came close.

• Paid Members

Give it to Pat McAfee and have him bring it out to the announce desk with him each week. Every time the champion appears he's looking over his shoulder. Furthermore, have McAfee cash it in at Wrestlemania and put him in the main event. With Roman fucking off, you could even give him the title. Bollocks to it. 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:51 PM, air_raid said:

The one I always looked back on a the missed opportunity to do something different with the briefcase was the first one. Edge, already holding the briefcase, won the Gold Rush tournament to earn a shot at Batista. He got beat, fairly straightforward. What they COULD have done was have Edge, near defeat, grab a chair and go psycho on Batista, getting disqualified in that title shot. Then immediately cash in, and win.

This would have been great. Hindsight is a beautiful thing and all that, but I liked the longevity of Edge holding the case all the way to the following January, to the point where you almost took it for granted and were caught off guard by the eventual cash in...of course they fucked the surprise element with an on-the-nose backstage segment earlier in the night. They also switched it back to Cena about three weeks later because they were gutless cowards. But the actual moment itself still stands the test of time - superb first cash-in and milestone moment for the stipulation. 

• Paid Members

Of course, the Edge cash in was mirrored a mere four years later, in a brilliant not-actual-cash-in when Vince sent Batista out to batter Cena because…. Dave was bored of SmackDown? Shits and giggles? Who knows. Who cares, it was a fine bit of “keep em guessing” at the time and helped further erase the memory of Sheamus’ awful reign.  It’s surreal thinking there was only four years between New Years Revolution 2006 and Elimination Chamber 2010. One feels longer ago than 16 years, the other far more recent than 10.

• Paid Members

This probably deserves its own thread but I thought it might count as a Raw spoiler. So, it seems Sasha and Naomi walked out of Raw during the show, which resulted in WWE having to re-write the main event before releasing this crazy statement.

7D94CB2B-C15F-40F3-8320-C7D3A69C2563.thumb.jpeg.3cd7544bd3ee7ccd802f891cdc269fcf.jpeg

“Monday Night Raw is a scripted live TV show”! Fucking hell! When do they ever send out something like that?! Between that weird wording and the fact that they got this out as soon as possible, you have to assume they’re trying to get the jump on this before the other side of the story comes out.

God knows where Sasha and Naomi think this is heading though. Unless this somehow gets turned into a work they’re looking at months of being Ali’d, contract frozen, sulking at home. There’s no way they’re being allowed their release, Sasha especially.

Yeah though. Always nice when something noteworthy comes out of Raw!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

This is such a weird story it’s going to distract from the fact Lynch did a job. On TV with hardly any build, so not sure it does much for Asuka, but a job nonetheless.

• Paid Members

Hilarious statement from WWE. It'll not go anywhere but imagine them having to justify that 'we regret we were unable to deliver, as advertised, tonight's main event' and blaming talent in court. It'd take literally minutes to pull up hundreds of examples of them not delivering what they advertised because Vince went mental 30 minutes before show time. 

The wording of it seems very careful. It wouldn’t be the first time that Banks has thrown a “that doesn’t work for me, brother” over her booking (wasn’t surprised to read that she seemed to be the main culprit), so they could be leaning into that to give it some legitimacy.