The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

7 hours ago, FUM said:

I know he gets a lot of shit on here but Seth Rollins is fantastic. He is brilliant at being a horrible human being.

Well, it has always been said that the best gimmicks are people just playing themselves turned up to 11....

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Loki said:

Also shades of the Joseph Parks story in TNA where everyone knows it’s Abyss BUT Parks.

Isn't Abyss one of the bookers or agents there now? For a while the Joseph Park storyline was very fun and actually funny, if he has some input, I have hope. 

Also, the El Vagabundo story was great, always hoped he would bring it back. 

I reckon Vince walked past Elias in catering and heard him tell someone he can grow a semi-impressive beard in 4 days, and now we’re going to get a Monday Ezekiel and a Friday Elias.

It’s either that, or they’re now just going to brush over it and hope we stop mentioning Elias.

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

If they were hoping that, surely they wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place?

I guess it could be one of those where they thought they had to say something, acknowledge it’s daft and then go from there.

Like if someone has a bad haircut and they know it’s bad, they make that initial joke to try and kill the topic early.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
On 4/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

I guess it could be one of those where they thought they had to say something, acknowledge it’s daft and then go from there.

"Kind of looks like Ron Simmons, but he's bigger than Ron Simmons."

Lawler acknowledging Farooq had a fat arse.

• Paid Members

Cody’s elevator didn’t even last a fortnight! Leave the memories alone.

Anyway, Kevin Owens is going from strength to strength and is easily the most entertaining guy in this company right now. Him losing his mind over the Elias/Ezekiel thing is genuinely funny stuff. Their lie detector segment next week is the most I’ve looked forward to a Raw segment in forever.

I'm also glad Elias is getting a renewed push, even if in a comedy angle.  He's one of those guys who seems able to make anything he's given work; he's got a superstar build; and he's extremely solid in the ring.  

It's the highlight of an otherwise bland post-WWE landscape.  Having unified the big belts, they're going to unify the tag titles, which makes sense - but they seem not to be bringing the brand split to a close unless that's the next step?

16 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Isn't it a weird shit take on The Joker? He's not exactly TNA Sting levels of being great at it.

I hadn't even thought about it much but apparently so:

"Seth Rollins has described his current WWE character as 'if The Joker were a narcissist going through a midlife crisis'."

https://cultaholic.com/posts/seth-rollins-describes-his-wwe-character-as-if-the-joker-were-a-narcissist-going-through-a-midlife-crisis

4 hours ago, Loki said:

I'm also glad Elias is getting a renewed push, even if in a comedy angle.  He's one of those guys who seems able to make anything he's given work; he's got a superstar build; and he's extremely solid in the ring.  

It's the highlight of an otherwise bland post-WWE landscape.  Having unified the big belts, they're going to unify the tag titles, which makes sense - but they seem not to be bringing the brand split to a close unless that's the next step?

Elias/Ezekiel is an absolute grafter too, he really puts the effort in to get things over. He also seems to have an acute sense of how far to push things to keep people on board… his use of social media since this angle started has been superb.

The Ezekiel/Elias thing could've easily been a graveyard for the guy but the fact he's straight in with Kevin Owens has been a huge help to it.

It's an awful look for the guy compared to how cool he looked with the beard and the guitar but it's all part of the fun and will be interesting to see where it leads.

• Paid Members

I'm back to reading the results on Bleacher Report after taking a break for a couple of months. Isn't Abyss on WWE's books right now? I wonder if he's had something to do with this Elias / Ezekiel thing. It's one of those things you can't take all that far but with the right people involved it can be a lot of fun and WWE have generally done this sort of comedy character divergence really well.