The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

29 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It's almost like people's opinions about cutting people from their contracts in the middle of a pandemic (and while the company was posting record numbers) wasn't about how well they wrestled.

Of course not, but it's not exclusive to that period. It's always been the case. There's always a shitload of moaning on social media about wrestlers getting released and yet you hardly saw anyone actually talking about them when they were on TV.

In other news, Ezekiel is still wonderful.

Ezekiel is great. It helps that KO is also fantastic in their interactions. It might be one of the first comedic things in a while that is actually landing and entertaining (I wonder if Abyss had a hand in it given his similar story)

Last time a WWE bit made me genuinely laugh and kept me entertained was Sandow as Miz' stunt double.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chris B said:

It's almost like people's opinions about cutting people from their contracts in the middle of a pandemic (and while the company was posting record numbers) wasn't about how well they wrestled.

Exactly. I didn't know who half the fuckers were. But it doesn't mean I can't sympathise and feel aggrieved at the shitty situation they were left In.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wasn't quite sure where to put this so here seems best. I recently read a report that said that Brock Lesnar has told Vince to ban people from saying they want to 'steal the show' as it gives the impression of a performance when the intention should be to win the match as fast as possible with it being a 'competition'. I think he is 100% right and I have never actually thought of it in that way.

Get Brock on the booking committee. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Wasn't quite sure where to put this so here seems best. I recently read a report that said that Brock Lesnar has told Vince to ban people from saying they want to 'steal the show' as it gives the impression of a performance when the intention should be to win the match as fast as possible with it being a 'competition'. I think he is 100% right and I have never actually thought of it in that way.

Get Brock on the booking committee. 

I've felt this way for ages. Shawn Michaels made it clear in character that he wanted to give the fans the best match (as opposed to just winning it) for 15 years.

• Paid Members
On 4/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

How did Rhea Ripley get jumped by Liv Morgan? She was stood in a corner, there is no way she couldn’t have seen Liv coming for her

It's your classic Pearl Harbour from the front. 

• Paid Members

One of the best things to come out of the rise of AEW are those graphics they post online the day before a show, with the entire card on them. They make me feel like a kid again, quickly looking through the proposed matches and getting excited about them.

Someone made one for Backlash. Woof. This doesn’t even deserve the label of, “B show.” This is C or D level, max. Are they running house shows that same night, or what?

78530F27-6511-4A9A-A28A-836C792A319A.thumb.jpeg.ee0b846e9d334950f7fb433d84dfea67.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Cheers Jay, you big knacker

The best one was when Nyla Rose "ambushed" Ruby Soho a few months back, she even shouted "surprise bitch!" as she was running in. It's hilarious. 

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

One of the best things to come out of the rise of AEW are those graphics they post online the day before a show, with the entire card on them. They make me feel like a kid again, quickly looking through the proposed matches and getting excited about them.

Someone made one for Backlash. Woof. This doesn’t even deserve the label of, “B show.” This is C or D level, max. Are they running house shows that same night, or what?

78530F27-6511-4A9A-A28A-836C792A319A.thumb.jpeg.ee0b846e9d334950f7fb433d84dfea67.jpeg

I’m not sure they can stack a non-Wrestlemania card any more than this.

Not saying that means it’s stacked, but they don’t have much else they’re holding back.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’m not sure they can stack a non-Wrestlemania card any more than this.

Not saying that means it’s stacked, but they don’t have much else they’re holding back.

Wrestlemania delivered off the back of Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Bianca Belair and Becky Lynch. At the very least I'd probably focus on them the following month.

This show legitimately seems to exist to give everyone who had a shit match at Wrestlemania another chance to do better in the rematch. Who the fuck came out of Mania wanting to see Charlote vs. Ronda, Edge vs. AJ or Omos vs. Lashely ever again?

• Paid Members

So, I've only tenuously kept up, but I thought Nakamura came out and got slapped around by bloodline to set him up for this show, and now I see Mcintyre is back in. Has Nakamura just been dropped and possibly damaged?