DavidB6937 Posted April 26, 2022 Posted April 26, 2022 29 minutes ago, Chris B said: It's almost like people's opinions about cutting people from their contracts in the middle of a pandemic (and while the company was posting record numbers) wasn't about how well they wrestled. Of course not, but it's not exclusive to that period. It's always been the case. There's always a shitload of moaning on social media about wrestlers getting released and yet you hardly saw anyone actually talking about them when they were on TV. In other news, Ezekiel is still wonderful. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 26, 2022 Posted April 26, 2022 How did Rhea Ripley get jumped by Liv Morgan? She was stood in a corner, there is no way she couldn’t have seen Liv coming for her Quote
Factotum Posted April 26, 2022 Posted April 26, 2022 Ezekiel is great. It helps that KO is also fantastic in their interactions. It might be one of the first comedic things in a while that is actually landing and entertaining (I wonder if Abyss had a hand in it given his similar story) Last time a WWE bit made me genuinely laugh and kept me entertained was Sandow as Miz' stunt double. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 26, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 26, 2022 Liv Morgan and Rhea already feuding is amazing. How long were they a team for? Three weeks?! Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 26, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 26, 2022 2 hours ago, Chris B said: It's almost like people's opinions about cutting people from their contracts in the middle of a pandemic (and while the company was posting record numbers) wasn't about how well they wrestled. Exactly. I didn't know who half the fuckers were. But it doesn't mean I can't sympathise and feel aggrieved at the shitty situation they were left In. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 26, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 26, 2022 I didn't realise WWE 2K22 was that realistic Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted May 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2022 Wasn't quite sure where to put this so here seems best. I recently read a report that said that Brock Lesnar has told Vince to ban people from saying they want to 'steal the show' as it gives the impression of a performance when the intention should be to win the match as fast as possible with it being a 'competition'. I think he is 100% right and I have never actually thought of it in that way. Get Brock on the booking committee. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2022 5 minutes ago, Nick James said: Wasn't quite sure where to put this so here seems best. I recently read a report that said that Brock Lesnar has told Vince to ban people from saying they want to 'steal the show' as it gives the impression of a performance when the intention should be to win the match as fast as possible with it being a 'competition'. I think he is 100% right and I have never actually thought of it in that way. Get Brock on the booking committee. I've felt this way for ages. Shawn Michaels made it clear in character that he wanted to give the fans the best match (as opposed to just winning it) for 15 years. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2022 On 4/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, WyattSheepMask said: How did Rhea Ripley get jumped by Liv Morgan? She was stood in a corner, there is no way she couldn’t have seen Liv coming for her It's your classic Pearl Harbour from the front. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 5, 2022 Posted May 5, 2022 2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: It's your classic Pearl Harbour from the front. Cheers Jay, you big knacker Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2022 (edited) One of the best things to come out of the rise of AEW are those graphics they post online the day before a show, with the entire card on them. They make me feel like a kid again, quickly looking through the proposed matches and getting excited about them. Someone made one for Backlash. Woof. This doesn’t even deserve the label of, “B show.” This is C or D level, max. Are they running house shows that same night, or what? Edited May 5, 2022 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2022 9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Cheers Jay, you big knacker The best one was when Nyla Rose "ambushed" Ruby Soho a few months back, she even shouted "surprise bitch!" as she was running in. It's hilarious. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 5, 2022 Posted May 5, 2022 17 minutes ago, Supremo said: One of the best things to come out of the rise of AEW are those graphics they post online the day before a show, with the entire card on them. They make me feel like a kid again, quickly looking through the proposed matches and getting excited about them. Someone made one for Backlash. Woof. This doesn’t even deserve the label of, “B show.” This is C or D level, max. Are they running house shows that same night, or what? I’m not sure they can stack a non-Wrestlemania card any more than this. Not saying that means it’s stacked, but they don’t have much else they’re holding back. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2022 4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I’m not sure they can stack a non-Wrestlemania card any more than this. Not saying that means it’s stacked, but they don’t have much else they’re holding back. Wrestlemania delivered off the back of Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Bianca Belair and Becky Lynch. At the very least I'd probably focus on them the following month. This show legitimately seems to exist to give everyone who had a shit match at Wrestlemania another chance to do better in the rematch. Who the fuck came out of Mania wanting to see Charlote vs. Ronda, Edge vs. AJ or Omos vs. Lashely ever again? Quote
Guest Posted May 5, 2022 Posted May 5, 2022 So, I've only tenuously kept up, but I thought Nakamura came out and got slapped around by bloodline to set him up for this show, and now I see Mcintyre is back in. Has Nakamura just been dropped and possibly damaged? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.