The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Louch said:

If Prichard has said the “people like “ comment, they will be out of their contact within a week. I doubt he meant it racially, but using a phrase like that won’t be worth wwe dragging this in court 

There's definitely a lot of weird racist attitudes in WWE from the older people in charge so something like this isn't surprising. Even recently Keith Lee told a story of how Vince McMahon was surprised at how "articulate" he was which you don't have to be a genius to read between the lines to get what he really means.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The ripple effect on this could be absolutely huge. If this leads to issues with the Usos from Jimmy supporting his wife, it slides into Roman not being happy with the company either. With all the talk recently about him taking a reduced schedule or even leaving, if this is a case of the old guard have done something massively wrong and pissed off the wrong person, it could be a serious problem for the company in the next few months. 

22 minutes ago, Louch said:

If Prichard has said the “people like “ comment, they will be out of their contact within a week. I doubt he meant it racially, but using a phrase like that won’t be worth wwe dragging this in court 

WWE has a terrible track record when it comes to race, but I think we should be pretty careful before taking rumours which seem to have originated from a fan on Twitter at face value. The amount of "fake news" out there allows the real stuff to simply blend in, and not get the attention it deserves. For example, Ember Moon's claims of a class in NXT teaching female talent "how to dress sexy"; or Ashley Massaro's tragic death and the circumstances she dealt with. 

Perhaps it'll emerge that this really is a principled stance taken by the wrestlers, but if it is, the true story is unlikely to originate from a fan account on Twitter. 

"Standing up for yourself" is a relative term. Whilst I am absolutely all for people knowing their worth and backing themselves I definitely think a distinction needs to be made between not allowing yourself to be taken advantage of and having an inflated sense of self worth where nothing other than 100% your own way is going to be good enough for you.

I would argue that if both of them never appeared in WWE ever again there wouldn't me any significant detriment to the product and if either showed up in AEW any interest in them would be obsolete 3 months later.

We're talking here about two people who hold championships which to the majority of their audience (children) do mean something regardless of how they're booked, being told they are being put into programmes with the two womens champions (the top two women in the company currently) then walking out because they don't want to do that.

They've not been told they're dropping the belts in 10 seconds to two nobodies. They've not been told they're in a mud fight match in the main event. They've not been told to do a HLA segment.

They're unhappy that titles that outwith face value to children have never meant anything are being booked with little to no importance and they're being used to enhance the current top two women in the promotion. That's literally how the entire premise of the wrestling business works, including when they each had their own womens title reigns.

Fair play if they think they are important and valuable enough to WWE to walk out for something that to me seems pretty unreasonable but I dont personally believe either are in a position where this is better for them going forward.

The line in the tweet thread about "becoming merch pushers" made me smirk, as though the two of them were blue collar rasslers until put in that team together. I'm sure they were devastated at receiving their big royalty checks for the replica sunglasses, THE BOSS rings, neon t shirts and reams of other absolute shite they've sold in droves for the last god knows how many years.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

I’ll always support the workers over the billion dollar company, I just worry that if they don’t have anything over WWE then the only way this ends is them crawling back in a few months because they signed shit contracts that give the company all the power.

It’s unfortunate, but we’ve seen enough examples the past decade or so to know that the best way to handle frustrations in WWE, or wanting to go elsewhere, is to do a Dean Ambrose. Put your head down, eat shit, put over EC3, sell for Nia Jax, and work to the very last day they’ve legally got you for. And then go be one of the best in the world and show them what they missed out on.

Edited by Supremo

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’ll always support the workers over the billion dollar company, I just worry that if they don’t have anything over WWE then the only way this ends is them crawling back in a few months because they signed shit contracts that give the company all the power.

It’s unfortunate, but we’ve seen enough examples the past decade or so that the best way to handle frustrations in WWE, or wanting to go elsewhere, is to do a Dean Ambrose. Put your head down, eat shit, put over EC3, sell for Nia Jax, and work to the very last day they’ve legally got you for. And then go be one of the best in the world and show them what they missed out on.

There was a deep level of maturity with how Mox handled his WWE exit.

Did everything they asked, got the proper 'thanks a million' goodbye and then found his new home. It was only after he'd settled elsewhere and he realised the grass was greener for him that he started being critical of WWE.

And, I'm not sure he's been 'bridge burning' critical either - just rationally explaining why it wasn't for him and why he had to get out. If the world came crashing down tomorrow and he needed to get a gig with WWE, i'm sure they'd welcome him with open arms and give him his own countdown clock, too.

You get the impression with Mox he's just very authentically himself. He's not a nice guy, not a twat. Just him.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Did everything they asked, got the proper 'thanks a million' goodbye

I dunno about that, Mox told a story that for the final Shield send off show he was paid $750 which is the absolute minimum payment that a contracted talent can make for a show. Considering he was the focal point of the show he definitely took it as a "go fuck yourself" from management.

As for Sasha and Naomi, good for them. If WWE are going to have these fucking weird independent contractors but only when it benefits us of contracts then talent should feel free to act like independent contractors and leave whenever they want.

6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I dunno about that, Mox told a story that for the final Shield send off show he was paid $750 which is the absolute minimum payment that a contracted talent can make for a show. Considering he was the focal point of the show he definitely took it as a "go fuck yourself" from management.

That’s sort of my point though, they tried to fuck with him (by his accounts) and he just let the shafting wash over him as he knew he was getting out either way. And, once he was out, he laid out his grievances… but again, in a way that I don’t think would prohibit his return.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Fully support Sasha and Naomi on this, but do feel a bit for Doudrop and Nikki getting told they were in a main event match for a title shot only to have it pulled away because two of their opponents walked out instead of just changing it to a 4 way

From what I can gather Naomi was supposed to win, with Sasha being lined up as Rousey’s next challenger but they were angling for a tag title match with Doudrop and Nikki at Hell in a Cell which was nixed several times

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

Fair play to them for standing up for themselves, whatever the reason, as mentioned, if a bloke did the same (Austin, Brock) they would be applauded, which doesn't seem like it's happening according to social media this morning.

Those are weird examples. Austin got publicly trashed on TV and Brock got the shit booed put of him at WM 20. 

48 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

I have a feeling deep within... that SR vs CR will be a best of 5 series and Seth will get the next two wins via questionable means and then it will be 2 - 2 come summerslam, then have Cody win the match and 3 - 2 and end the feud

I don't think they will have Cody lose to Seth to be honest with you.

4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I don't think they will have Cody lose to Seth to be honest with you.

Before Seth went into the Cody feud he was on a losing streak. I reckon he loses again at HIAC, and then the losing streak becomes the story for him.