The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

The problem with this whole debate is no one actually knows what’s happened. People are basing their opinion on what their opinion of WWE was before this even happened.

It could be both a principled stand against a dysfunctional office, or it could be the petulant act of immature, entitled eejit’s. There’s literally no way to know with the information we have, so it’s pointless.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Or skin colour

Yeah...I think that may have been Devon's point.

The problem with this whole debate is no one actually knows what’s happened. People are basing their opinion on what their opinion of WWE was before this even happened.

It could be both a principled stand against a dysfunctional office, or it could be the petulant act of immature, entitled eejit’s. There’s literally no way to know with the information we have, so it’s pointless.

While Daz is absolutely right here, I do feel obliged to point out that everything about the UKFF has been pointless for at least 10 years.

Edited by Duke

Obviously we don’t really have all sides of the story but if this is another case of Sasha feeling she’s not getting treated well then that woman really does have some ego. She had a WrestleMania main event last year for crying out loud, even Austin and Trips had to take their turn in the tag division.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t think this was a good take by Cardona. It’s either a poor attempt at a joke, or just a crappy opinion.

Bingo. Ryder knows that he was nobody on the food chain as “Internet champion” (or US champ for that matter). He’s poking fun at what he perceives as a nonsensical state of affairs. Which is strange considering how many of his friends in the unspoken “wrestlers union” might sympathise with or applaud the stance of Banks/Mercedes and Naomi/Trinity. He might regret that personally if not professionally.

10 hours ago, FUM said:

Obviously we don’t really have all sides of the story but if this is another case of Sasha feeling she’s not getting treated well then that woman really does have some ego. She had a WrestleMania main event last year for crying out loud, even Austin and Trips had to take their turn in the tag division.

If I recall correctly there was a rumor that post match Mania 35 her and Bailey were lying on the floor screaming backstage in response to losing their tag titles. 

If this is all booking related then I can't sympathise with her really. There's a way to protest booking and this isn't it. She's been one of the strongest booked women ever in the company since 2015. If they were going to do Rousey/ Banks and Naomi/Belair that's big business in tag matches (maybe winner take all), singles and mixing it up on TV so I can't understand why you would piss that away to try and build up some toy belts. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, simonworden said:

If I recall correctly there was a rumor that post match Mania 35 her and Bailey were lying on the floor screaming backstage in response to losing their tag titles. 

If this is all booking related then I can't sympathise with her really. There's a way to protest booking and this isn't it.

Can I ask, sincerely, what that way is? WWE's contracts are incredibly one sided. If they protest the booking and are dismissed by Vince, then what? They can't complain, because he's the boss. They can't quit, because WWE will just not release them from their contract and freeze it. The only escalation they have is this. If they feel this strongly then this is exactly what they should do, because it's all they can do. 

50 minutes ago, Duke said:

Can I ask, sincerely, what that way is? WWE's contracts are incredibly one sided. If they protest the booking and are dismissed by Vince, then what? They can't complain, because he's the boss. They can't quit, because WWE will just not release them from their contract and freeze it. The only escalation they have is this. If they feel this strongly then this is exactly what they should do, because it's all they can do. 

Perhaps I just said something a bit too frivolously as a fan there. My instinct would always be professionally though to come to the guys in charge with a counter idea eg: Hey this doesn't work for me because A,B,C but I was thinking D, E,F then add in some conviction and pester power to get what you want. It might not work in the mental WWE world but I know professionally it worked for me and was respected to some extent when I've been in management. 

19 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Wasn't the "Sasha and Bayley threw a tantrum" story eventually debunked?

Not that I'd expect a major corporation put out or leak misleading information to discredit someone. 

Not at all. 

Fair enough, thought it could be bollocks. 

12 hours ago, FUM said:

By way of comparison you've mentioned someone who was paranoid of showing too much arse to enhancement talent like The Rock and Big Show, and a bloke who went over in a stacked Elimination Chamber match where bicycle shorts were holding his groin together. 

Wrestling's pop music. Big egos are great and we need more of 'em. 

2 minutes ago, kieranjennings said:

What does an actor in a soap opera do if they don't like their storyline?

In an ideal world? Show up on the other show as a near facsimile of their previous character. 

It should be exactly like wrestling. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Perhaps I just said something a bit too frivolously as a fan there. My instinct would always be professionally though to come to the guys in charge with a counter idea eg: Hey this doesn't work for me because A,B,C but I was thinking D, E,F then add in some conviction and pester power to get what you want. It might not work in the mental WWE world but I know professionally it worked for me and was respected to some extent when I've been in management. 

I get that, but assuming the story that's come out is true, I think it's fair to assume that over the months/years they've already done that and it's not worked, right? I know we've not heard about it, but the various books and stuff that have been released after the fact seem to suggest that it happens a lot. I seriously doubt this is their first reaction, but rather the straw that broke the camel's back. In that instance, I don't know what else they can do.