The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

4 hours ago, The Dart said:

Me neither.   They didn't do any PPVs at all in Las Vegas between 2008 and 2016.

You are thinking of the Thomas & Mack Center though, I assume.

I was thinking of the pipe bomb promo as Punk mentioned it this week on Dynamite. I got my wires a bit crossed but knew there was a Vegas show right around that time as I had been there about a week and a half before so was a little sore about mistiming my trip. 

I haven’t watched RAW this week but all I needed to know about it came from the title of one of their YouTube videos:

”Riddle and Shinsuke Nakamura battle the Usos in a Championship Contenders’ match”

Presumably, it’s time to break out the Garth.

I’ve only watched the Cody/Seth segment because… well because it’s about the only thing worth watching on Raw, but it was great.

I can only imagine Vince was tugging himself senseless as it’s exactly what I reckon the dream for NXT was originally; relatively handsome men in suits using long words, sort of unclear who you’re supposed to root for and ends in a brawl.

I did love it, though.

“You don’t get to smash the throne with a sledgehammer and then come back and try and steal my throne” is an absolute billy banger of a line, and cut right to the heart of how they should be positioning people against Cody.

I think Cody’s presentation is superb still, but good Lord he’ll be a tremendous heel champion one day.

I've just seen this on Reddit, a breakdown of the show from 10:14-10:47:

10:14 - Recapping the Judgment Day feud with AJ/Bálor/Liv
10:15 - Liv makes her entrance.
10:16 - HIAC promo for Raw Women's Title Match
10:17 - Commercial Break
10:20 - Promo of Titus at the Indianapolis 500
10:21 - Recapping the Theory/Ali feud earlier tonight at 9:50pm
10:22 - Backstage Interview with Ali where he is attacked by Theory.
10:23 - Cut to announce desk for reactions to what we just saw.
10:24 - Complete rundown of the HIAC card.
10:25 - Cut back to Liv in the ring with her music playing.
10:26 - Rhea’s entrance which is cut off, graphic that says the match is happening next.
10:27 - Commercial Break
10:30 - Money In The Bank promo about the location moving and tickets on sale Friday.
10:30 - Announce desk segment about Memorial Day followed by lengthy video package.
10:34 - Crowd chanting USA.
10:35 - Bell finally rings for Liv vs Rhea (20 minutes after Liv's entrance)
10:37 - Commercial break
10:40 - NXT 2.0 Promo
10:41 - Liv vs Rhea resumes
10:44 - Liv Morgan wins

10:45 - Post match shenanigans
10:47 - Recap of Seth/Cody earlier

Imagine paying to go to a show and having to sit through shite like that?

It's definitely their new weird thing; having someone walk, and then cutting to various other segments/ad breaks.

The thing that baffles me is, their music will have stopped at some point. Then they're stood there like an absolute plum whilst the music reloads. I think it leads to in-ring segments being cold as ice, as for the live audience the speaker has often been stood there for 10 minutes whilst their music plays on a loop and they twiddle their thumbs.

17 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I've just seen this on Reddit, a breakdown of the show from 10:14-10:47:

10:14 - Recapping the Judgment Day feud with AJ/Bálor/Liv
10:15 - Liv makes her entrance.
10:16 - HIAC promo for Raw Women's Title Match
10:17 - Commercial Break
10:20 - Promo of Titus at the Indianapolis 500
10:21 - Recapping the Theory/Ali feud earlier tonight at 9:50pm
10:22 - Backstage Interview with Ali where he is attacked by Theory.
10:23 - Cut to announce desk for reactions to what we just saw.
10:24 - Complete rundown of the HIAC card.
10:25 - Cut back to Liv in the ring with her music playing.
10:26 - Rhea’s entrance which is cut off, graphic that says the match is happening next.
10:27 - Commercial Break
10:30 - Money In The Bank promo about the location moving and tickets on sale Friday.
10:30 - Announce desk segment about Memorial Day followed by lengthy video package.
10:34 - Crowd chanting USA.
10:35 - Bell finally rings for Liv vs Rhea (20 minutes after Liv's entrance)
10:37 - Commercial break
10:40 - NXT 2.0 Promo
10:41 - Liv vs Rhea resumes
10:44 - Liv Morgan wins

10:45 - Post match shenanigans
10:47 - Recap of Seth/Cody earlier

Imagine paying to go to a show and having to sit through shite like that?

• Paid Members

Further evidence that in 2022 WWE’s best stuff always happens when something by goes wrong and they have to veer off the beaten path. Judgment Day were on course to being one of the worst factions of all time. We were looking at a solid six to twelve months of Edge mumbling his spooky, goff, e-fed nonsense, all THRONES and HOUR GLASSES, with everyone involved looking like an awkward plumb.

Cody getting injured and them turning Edge back babyface in a panic was fate forcing them to address a problem they’d have normally ignored entirely. It probably won’t make a huge difference, but switching in a heel Balor to lead the group felt a million times more fresh and exciting.

Poor Edge though. As if his return hasn’t been bad enough for his legacy. He’s now one of those by-default, billy-no-mates babyfaces. “I was a bad guy, but then all my bad guy friends beat me up, so please cheer me.” Fuck knows what he does with the vampire haircut, too. Just shave the whole thing off? How long does Edge have left on this contract? I’d just call it a day if I were him. It’s been a disaster.

13 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Shout out to Cody though, who’s developed such a reputation of being a fucking nutter that him alluding to competing in Money in the Bank almost sounded plausible.

I feel like i'm ploughing a lonely furrow, but I love him. I didn't really care either way before, but he's been great recently and I think I finally 'get' him. This last week has shown that his absurd earnestness and sincerity isn't as faux as I presumed. He's just an absolute nutter consumed by this utterly all-consuming love for pro-wrestling.

At some point someone will need to save him from himself as God knows where this journey ends, but something really endearing about it.

#TeamCody

...Just keep Brandi at home, yeah?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Edge is a WWE fanboy. He got another WrestleMania main event and a hand in creating a new spooky Brood with an Alter Bridge theme song. 

I think his return's probably gone brilliant in his mind. 

But yeah chucking Balor into the group is great. He strikes me as one of those "Living comfortably" Nakamura type guys for a few years now, just floundering about the place. One of the rare guys chucking him into a daft faction will benefit. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I feel like i'm ploughing a lonely furrow, but I love him. I didn't really care either way before, but he's been great recently and I think I finally 'get' him. This last week has shown that his absurd earnestness and sincerity isn't as faux as I presumed. He's just an absolute nutter consumed by this utterly all-consuming love for pro-wrestling.

At some point someone will need to save him from himself as God knows where this journey ends, but something really endearing about it.

#TeamCody

Come on in, the water's fine...