The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I watched the Judgment Day segment, you can almost feel the group go from Upper Mid-Card to dark show just watching it.

You may as well make Rhea Ripley the leader at this point, as she’s the only one they’ve shown any long-standing faith in previously.

Priest/Ripley/Balor might be the worst faction of all time. I’d have been absolutely gutted if I was then when I found out about the change.

• Paid Members

Kudos to WWE for ending a risible "Contenders match" with a count-out rather than the woefully overplayed "champions just get beat" trope. Garth was hoping to have time off until August anyway.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I watched the Judgment Day segment, you can almost feel the group go from Upper Mid-Card to dark show just watching it.

You may as well make Rhea Ripley the leader at this point, as she’s the only one they’ve shown any long-standing faith in previously.

Priest/Ripley/Balor might be the worst faction of all time. I’d have been absolutely gutted if I was then when I found out about the change.

The main problem with this faction is that there's no story behind them and no reason for them to be together. What's their connection? What are they trying to do? I like Balor and Ripley - I don't really know Priest except to say he looks like an 8-bit Roman Reigns. All they needed to do was spend some time writing them together or give them some purpose like all the good factions in wrestling history have had.

• Paid Members

https://411mania.com/wrestling/new-report-sasha-banks-released-wwe/

It's taken her the best part of two years (if indeed true) but now she's for the off apparently. For the best, her run 2015/16 through HIAC was incredible. Done very little of note recently.

Edited by Suplex Sinner

52 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

https://411mania.com/wrestling/new-report-sasha-banks-released-wwe/

It's taken her the best part of two years (if indeed true) but now she's for the off apparently. For the best, her run 2015/16 through HIAC was incredible. Done very little of note recently.

Perhaps with other breaking news on the horizon they figure it's not the time to play spiteful with contracts.

• Paid Members

The Vince stuff has obviously overshadowed it, but I can’t lie. Elias somehow returning tonight is the most excited I’ve been for anything WWE has presented since Wrestlemania. No idea how they’re going to do it, but if they stick the landing and lean into the ridiculousness of it this could be a really good laugh.

How many months did we have to suffer through them doing those cheap, obvious, film-school-level camera cuts for the The Fiend and Alexa? Whoever’s brain child all that shit was, your time has come! I want the shittest, most awkward camera cuts between Elias and  Ezekiel. I want the crappest, fakest looking beard on Elias. And most importantly, I want Kevin Owens to lose his god damn mind at how stupid the whole thing is.

Vince doesn’t give a fuck, the people are cheering him and bowing down to him, he’s nearly falling off the apron, jumping down from the stairs - What the fuck is going on

The Elias segment was great. Big fake beard, the Mankind-Dude Love-Cactus Jack split screen, Owens being great (“I’m French-Canadian, that’s as smart as it gets”)- lovely stuff

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Not bothering to edit Vince nearly falling out of the ring - or appearing to nearly fall out of the ring - out of their YouTube clips should probably tell you all you need to know. This is goofy, beloved Uncle Vince getting documented into the vaults as much as possible for any legal eyes watching. A mutant who is so preposterously thin skinned about only showing arse on his own terms that he suspended Titus O'Neil for sixty days for giving him a cuddle is now traipsing about the place like Grandpa Joe getting out of bed after seeing the golden ticket. 

He'll probably have Hogan announced next week to do something with the troops at SummerSlam. I bet he has him in what you can verifiably put on Wikipedia as a match with Austin within twelve months. 

• Paid Members
On 1/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, air_raid said:

Anyway, the real reason I’m in this thread is to ask ; did WWE do an episode of TV where champions lost a non-title match? Yes they did.

Garth-Crooks.jpg

I knew this would come back around. Not only did a champion get pinned, he got pinned by a bloke that's already wrestled twice. So he looks shit, and it doesn't matter now if Lashley beats him. Conversely if Lashley DOESNT beat him, he looks REALLY shit. Who's the winner in this type of booking? Nobody. SHIT.

• Paid Members

I can't believe the whole Ezekiel / Elias thing is happening on a show that is surrounded by utter, utter shite. The whole storyline has been fantastic from start to finish, huge props to Elias and KO for their part, KO especially. I just really hope we see an outing of El Vagabundo while we are at it. 

• Paid Members

This Owens/Elias stuff is fantastic. It’s completely absurd, preposterous and ridiculous and I’m loving the shit out of it. The beard looked excellent - if anything maybe too excellent on the count of it being quite well-groomed. They even nailed the conversation backstage - I even thought the fist bump looked fine. 

Not to be one of those pillocks calling wrestlers by their real namez, but Jeffrey Sciullo played an absolutely blinder tonight. Both characters feel different and the delivery has been great. Hope he’s on double-pay. 

I am this close >< to questioning my own sanity on whether there are two of them or not now. Fuck’s sake. If he has an identical twin that they’ve magically unearthed, I’ll run the entire London Marathon naked. 

While we’re at it, fuck I love Kevin Owens. 

• Paid Members

It’s nice to read some love for what reads like a real rehabilitation for Elias. That they dropped the ball so badly on the guy playing those first few bars of Thunderstruck on that Oz show and ended up turning him heel is one of the few genuine heartbreaks I’ve had since…. I don’t even know.