The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I hope they don’t wait too long on getting the/a belt on to Cody… everyone seems happy to buy into him as a megastar at the minute, and that may not last.

The crowd reaction was loud. But when they showed the crowd there was no reaction. No cheering, no shouting no reaction at all. There clearly was a reaction in sections, but definitely seemed muted in general.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I hadn't even thought about it much but apparently so:

"Seth Rollins has described his current WWE character as 'if The Joker were a narcissist going through a midlife crisis'."

https://cultaholic.com/posts/seth-rollins-describes-his-wwe-character-as-if-the-joker-were-a-narcissist-going-through-a-midlife-crisis

You know a gimmick works when a new viewer can basically understand or get the jist of what the character is in about 10 seconds. Mid life crisis narcissist Joker is not a character that makes sense on any level and the type of nonsense thing you say when your character isn't properly defined as a character at all. He's just a twat dressed up like a twat cackling like a twat who wrestles exactly the same as he always has. 

• Paid Members

I know it’s only Miz, but throwing away a match like that for Cody on TV with zero build is exactly why I hate the way the company books. That’s someone he should be going through on a PPV on the way up. There’s plenty of lesser guys you can beat on TV to keep him winning before the Rollins rematch, soon he’ll be right in “everyone’s wrestled everyone” purgatory.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I actually think Seth Rollins' cackling like an arsehole nearly killed Cody's return at 'Mania. Just shut the hell up and and sell it.

Am I being too much of a smark if I saw that as "wrestler marks out over other wrestler being back" and thus bullshit?

5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

He's just a twat dressed up like a twat cackling like a twat who wrestles exactly the same as he always has. 

I honestly don’t see the issue with this. Rollins the character has always been a cackling twat, now he’s a cackling twat who wears ridiculous suits and cackles even more obnoxiously. I personally don’t think any further meaning is necessary, even if he wants us to think of the Joker while he’s doing it.

It’s very irritating, but he’s a heel, it’s supposed to be.

• Paid Members

I don't think he's a good heel, though. He has it in him to be a good heel, and has shown flashes of it in the past, but his instincts seem to work against that. 

He's the epitome of playing at a character, rather than inhabiting one. I never once see Seth Rollins on TV and think this is a real human being who would act like this in everyday life. I'm not normally one to hark back to the '80s with this kind of comparison, but when it came to the likes of Hogan, Savage or Warrior, their on-screen characters were just as preposterous as Rollins', but you just couldn't picture them behaving any differently. You fundamentally believed that's who they were all the time.

• Paid Members

Just "Theory" is a ludicrous ring name.

I don't much care for the character or the performer portraying it, but the lack of creativity around it astounds me. I assume they have done it cos (they hope) the other Austin will be around a bit more, and they have sort of implied why the character has changed his name but c'mon - no vignette of Vince growling "Austin... Austin... I never want to hear that goddamn name again!", even if you have to do it as a voice at the end of the phone.

From there, you can have him style it out in the way he did, "Austin just doesn't suit me anymore", but just dropping the first name?

Have him say he now wants to go by his middle name (which loads of Americans do) and call him Johnny Theory or David Theory or Hunter Theory - Hunter's available now.

Or have him say he wants to go by his initials (which loads of Americans do) and call him something like A.C. Theory, that's eminently chantable if you ever turn him babyface.

Or have him give himself a douchey nickname like Ace Theory or something.

Anything but just "Theory".

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

I honestly don’t see the issue with this. Rollins the character has always been a cackling twat, now he’s a cackling twat who wears ridiculous suits and cackles even more obnoxiously. I personally don’t think any further meaning is necessary, even if he wants us to think of the Joker while he’s doing it.

It’s very irritating, but he’s a heel, it’s supposed to be.

The issue is that cackling, dressing like a twat and being annoying alone isn't a character. It's as lazy as it gets and it's absolute shite. 

Especially as this "character" has no effect on how he wrestles. He's exactly the same as he was as a bland terrible babyface.

To paraphrase ol' Stone Cold "Who or what is a Seth Freaking Rollins"? 

Edited by LaGoosh