The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Plenty of marketing runs longer than the timescales you're giving. 

Agreed, some start months before the film comes out because generally a film makes it's most money during it's opening weekend, maybe weeks 2 and 3. This was after that.

44 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What I don’t understand here though is Red Notice has been out for 2 weeks, On Netflix. 3 weeks since the cinema release. What bump can they possibly expect? No one would have seen any of that and thought “We’ll, now I’ll need to watch that”. I’m sure most have watched it, added it to the watch list, or thought it looks shit.

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Plenty of marketing runs longer than the timescales you're giving. Plus they had a captive audience of people that like The Rock. Would it have been better for them if Survivor Series was a few weeks earlier? Sure but they don't just stop trying to sell a film a few weeks later.

While the ‘release at home’ model seems to be slowing down, there’s still plenty of people who aren’t going back to the cinema so Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max etc have a bit of a longer timeframe for people to catch things. Films don’t live & die by their opening weekends at the moment like how they did Pre-Pandemic

• Awards Moderator
12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Plenty of marketing runs longer than the timescales you're giving. Plus they had a captive audience of people that like The Rock. Would it have been better for them if Survivor Series was a few weeks earlier? Sure but they don't just stop trying to sell a film a few weeks later.

Red Notice was still showing as the #1 film on Netflix in the UK when I logged in there yesterday. On streaming it seems these big releases stick around for as long as Netflix push them, then vanish off the homepage completely.

17 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Forgive me as I'm basing this on what I read but it comes across as if WWE and the Vince character thinks Red Notice is a documentary which is just weird. 

He probably assumed he'd get to spend some time with Gal Gadot at some point and if that's the case I can't really blame him.

You have to pass through that airport style security going to big arenas in the states don't you? (did in Boston Celtic's arena anyway) so at least that reduces the chances of some nutter having a weapon on him. Mad though, they should definitely get that muscly lad with the goatee and beret back who did attitude era security.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Give it another five years and people might notice and switch off. 

They'll keep watching in the hope that it starts getting good again, and so they can bitch about how poor it is in the meantime. 

7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They'll keep watching in the hope that it starts getting good again, and so they can bitch about how poor it is in the meantime. 

I feel personally attacked.

From what i've seen of this weeks show, Raw seems to have fallen into a weird spot of being the B show to Smackdown. Is that fair?

I feel like if you're going to run with a Big E as champion, he needs big names to feud or it becomes very mid-card very quickly. I'm not sure beating Austin Theory gets his heat back after a loss to the Smackdown champ.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I have a suspicion that Raw has been positioned as the B-show for a while just on account of the money Fox paid for Smackdown, and because Smackdown can reach more viewers on account of it being on network TV. Presumably Vince's plan is then to make Smackdown look inferior on every multi-brand PPV so that viewers will think "Raw must be even better than Smackdowncjudging by the way their guys can beat Smackdown''s guys, so we have to pay for a cable subscription in order to be able to watch THAT."