The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

5 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Can imagine this went down well with Vince, jesus christ 

Ok, I might be wrong here but this isn't what it looks like. Some guy (possibly this Twitter account) presented this as this wrestler was reading lines, but there is a full version of this around which isn't zoomed in so much and she clearly isn't.

I don't know who this wrestler is, I have no agenda here, I just like truth.

Edit: sorry, I hadn't seen @King Mal the Glorious reply. But yeah, what he said.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

Maybe it's that thing where she looks in a certain dire tion when she's trying to remember what she's supposed to be saying, or she doesn't really do eye contact and finds staring right down the camera a little intimidating. 

• Paid Members

Where the hell was the security? I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at Gorilla to see how Vince was reacting. I love that PS Hayes was stood on the stage at the end, the only way I know its him is he's the only man in existence that still wears a bum bag in 2021. 

• Paid Members

The money this company makes, their lack of security is inexcusable. They’re lucky wrestling fans are mostly fannies. Imagine someone with a weapon? Or someone who doesn’t look like a bag of custard? That could have been a thousand times worse.

What are Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury up to these days, anyway?

Edited by Supremo

44 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The money this company makes, their lack of security is inexcusable. They’re lucky wrestling fans are mostly fannies. Imagine someone with a weapon? Or someone who doesn’t look like a bag of custard? That could have been a thousand times worse.

What are Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury up to these days, anyway?

One thought in their defence is that New York is a union state.

So when I worked Bellator events, they'd have a travelling band of staff/in-state freelancers (be it security, box office, ring girls or whatever) but in certain 'union states' they couldn't work and you had to use in-state union staff who you don't know how good they are or maybe have never worked a similar event.

It was so bad at a show in MSG (Machida/Sonnen) that when a runner discharged a t-shirt canon and they were immediately informed that was a covered act within the union agreement and it had to be ceased immediately.

Saw the clip on the loo this morning of Vince giving the title shot to whoever that bloke was, because he had the balls to get a selfie with the expensive egg The Rock gave him. 

It's surely a rib. I can imagine they did try to do some dates with Rock, he turned them down, and Bruce suggesting to Vince "Motherfucking egghead, we'll do something else, listen to this."

If Brawl for All's greatest non runner Chavito Heat wants that job, I hope he's screenshotted the tweet and send it to Vince in an SMS. 

• Paid Members

Cultaholic were reporting yesterday that WWE are getting a 'large' payday from the whole Golden Egg stuff. 

Similarly to the 'Zombies' match a few months ago, they got $1 million for that bit of promotion. No wonder they don't give a toss about the quality, they're raking it in with endorsements.  

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Cultaholic were reporting yesterday that WWE are getting a 'large' payday from the whole Golden Egg stuff. 

Similarly to the 'Zombies' match a few months ago, they got $1 million for that bit of promotion. No wonder they don't give a toss about the quality, they're raking it in with endorsements.  

What I don’t understand here though is Red Notice has been out for 2 weeks, On Netflix. 3 weeks since the cinema release. What bump can they possibly expect? No one would have seen any of that and thought “We’ll, now I’ll need to watch that”. I’m sure most have watched it, added it to the watch list, or thought it looks shit.

35 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What I don’t understand here though is Red Notice has been out for 2 weeks, On Netflix. 3 weeks since the cinema release. What bump can they possibly expect? No one would have seen any of that and thought “We’ll, now I’ll need to watch that”. I’m sure most have watched it, added it to the watch list, or thought it looks shit.

Plenty of marketing runs longer than the timescales you're giving. Plus they had a captive audience of people that like The Rock. Would it have been better for them if Survivor Series was a few weeks earlier? Sure but they don't just stop trying to sell a film a few weeks later.