The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Right, Tony, lad. You've done your business degree, spent 9 years running an NFL team, run a PL football team and started a successful national wrestling promotion from scratch. Drop all that. Dollar tree are hiring.

His old man gave him those jobs, but by no stretch of the imagination does little Tone run the Jags. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

He's spunking it all on the video game if you believe Twitter, which is probably the worst thing you could do.

Why? Video games are huge business and a good game will bring a ton of new fans in. How many of us started watching after playing No Mercy or Smackdown: Just Bring It? At one point it felt like the games and the TV/PPVs were very closely linked.

3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Why? Video games are huge business and a good game will bring a ton of new fans in. How many of us started watching after playing No Mercy or Smackdown: Just Bring It? At one point it felt like the games and the TV/PPVs were very closely linked.

Also: WWE's video games fucking suck, so I am really quite hyped for the AEW game, if it lives up to the hype of being some kind of child of the old THQ/AKI games.

Also, you don’t have to be a wrestling fan to buy a wrestling game. If it’s a decent enough game, non wrestling fans will buy it. 

Edit - @LaGoosh I’m sure Repo meant believing Twitter is the worst thing you can do, not investing in a video game. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

In fairness, I thought David was saying believing Twitter is the worst thing you could do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Been up since 5 so had a flick through on the BT app. I'm not certain but it looked like a new intro and theme song. "HOUSTON" being the opening of the intro was a nice touch. AEW has reminded me how much I miss the different feel in different cities. 

I reckon everyone on here could have predicted that opening segment. Big E comes out and bums up Houston. He's interrupted by a heel. He's interrupted. They're interrupted. They're all interrupted. There's a scrap. Authority figure makes a multi man. And it's a ladder match. By the numbers or what?

Everyone is a loser by the way. The other guys pointed out that Rollins lost to Edge a couple of times. But they're all losers. Balor lost to Reigns and then Woods. Owens loses every week. Mysterios always lose. Later on someone from the horrendous commentary team said Cedric Alexander has loads of momentum, then immediately talks about him losing on the kick off show last week. People losing all the time has been a bug bear of mine for so long. This just shows it coming home to roost.

@Liam O'Rourkewas on the Top Rope Nation podcast's review of Crown Jewel last week. One of the points he made well was how the commentary always points out everyone is a former Champion. That couldn't have been hammered home more here than every one of these guys going through their CV to point out they've done everything. 

Has anyone on Twitter or Reddit counted up the number of times they said "Title opportunity" on this show. It must have been 50.

Both Big E and "Bigtime Becks" using get to the back of the line was really lazy writing. 

The best thing on this show was Bianca Belair quoting Cool Runnings. In fact, it was Bianca full stop. What a talent she is. Becky should be putting road blocks in place here to keep Belair busy until WrestleMania. That's the match. They shouldn't touch until then after the brawl on this show. Don't worry though, it's next week. In their defence, though not really, there is nothing else in that Raw women's division. 

They're doing a good job with Damien Priest, though he doesn't seem to be connecting like you'd hope. Fair play to them for trying with someone though.

• Paid Members

There’s almost a charm to how small and shallow their bag of tricks is. When the going gets tough, the tough get ladder matches. Wasn’t there a ladder match already scheduled for NXT tonight? Impressive.

All worth it just to see Big E watching the TV like this though. What a great man.

DF4AD307-97FF-4211-AAE7-AA0070A1DA13.thumb.jpeg.718c6bb3da150d985400949b5256c7ba.jpeg

CFCDE8BC-B8AB-4844-82C5-253F52AD9EBC.thumb.jpeg.690628e7e773b279cb53a116d964c44f.jpeg

Same energy. Someone’s going to end up breaking their neck in the name of this bit.

The evolution of weird language continues. On a show where everyone already sounds like an A.I. trying to convince you they’re human, non-title matches now have to be called, “championship opportunity matches.” Amazing. What a bunch of nutters. Imagine sitting down for a quick chat with Vince in 2021? I bet it’s like that episode of Friends where, to sound smart, Joey uses a thesaurus on every single word of his letter.

Seth Rollins winning the main event, meaning we get weeks of him Sething on top though? No thanks.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Seth Rollins winning the main event, meaning we get weeks of him Sething on top though? No thanks.

Not trying to sound as smart as Vince or Joey but that's the most obvious match result I've ever seen in my life.

Is Zelina going full King Bookah?

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Not trying to sound as smart as Vince or Joey but that's the most obvious match result I've ever seen in my life.

Is Zelina going full King Bookah?

She’s following the Michael Fassbender school of switching it up I think.

Also, fun fact, Mike Rome also plays The Grinch at Universal Studios Orlando, though I don’t think he’s still employed there.