The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Also Fulham play ine one of the most affluent areas in England, and have been very heavily bankrolled since the days of signing Kit Symons and Chris Coleman in the late 90s. I don't think they've overachieved whatsoever. Let's not confuse them with say a Bournemouth or Brighton. 

That period is an anomaly in their history. Before Al-Fayed, they'd not been in the top flight in 30 years and were pissing about with us near the bottom of what is now League Two. The Khans didn't do a great job initially but where they are now isn't bad at all for a club of that stature. They've just been spoiled in those years under Al-Fayad to an incredible degree. I think they probably should be a PL club, especially given how much money they chucked at it in 18/19 but for Fulham fans to be crying about their ownership is laughable given the state of half the other teams. It's up there with Newcastle fans claiming they've had a torturous time with their 2 seasons outside the PL in 29 years (both finishing top of the Championship). Football fans are cunts for lack of perspective.

Now if you wanna talk about a shit job, how 'bout them Jags?

11 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I can see Khan getting bored before Vince, to be honest. He's getting an easy ride at the moment and he's newish and exciting (not so much as Bronn). But when backlash comes, and it will, and times get shit, and they will, its easier to cast off a busman's holiday (or so it feels at the moment for him) than something you've had to gamble everything thing on and lose sleep for 40odd years over.  I mean he's doing nothing the rest of us wouldn't do if we were a bunch of rich playboys. But how much work is in him? 

Just look at the state Fulham is in. 

He don’t half see his arse on social media when criticism arises, really acts like a spoiled brat.  I reckon old man Khan will pull the plug one day, you’ve had your fun, son, but stick to sabremetrics and I’ll stick to running the family empire. 
There are no nice billionaires. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Being a yoyo club is exactly what a club the size of Fulham should be content with and that's coming from someone who would class them as my second team. 

Reported.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I never said Vince wasn’t a fan. But watching the product today you wouldn’t know it. Either he’s lost his passion, or he simply doesn’t know what works anymore. 

Aren't WWE making profits year on year? I think that's probably all Vince cares about tbh. 

I do agree the product is shit though. 

Edited by Briefcase

Do people really still think the E will get better after Vince has died? I thought that idea had been put to bed. 

The existence of this "war" depends entirely on which comes first, Vince passing away or Khan's dad telling his son to go get a real job. Regardless of what the relationship is, Tony Khan is still playing with his dad's chequebook. Vince's life is the WWE. It'll be different when he goes and they sell it off. 

• Paid Members

Much as has been said before I do think the true test for TK will be when things aren't going well and fans start to moan, not because he isn't experienced at the business side but because he does seem to be a super fan at heart, and ultimately he'll need to separate the two when times get hard creativity.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Much as has been said before I do think the true test for TK will be when things aren't going well and fans start to moan, not because he isn't experienced at the business side but because he does seem to be a super fan at heart, and ultimately he'll need to separate the two when times get hard creativity.

Agree, that will be a big test. I think we saw signs of it at the end of 2019 though when the TV wasn't great, booking was disjointed and he made big decisions, quickly and sorted it out. he's also not hidden from criticism when things have gone to shit, like that catastrophic ending to the exploding catherine wheel match, they've addressed it, made something up on TV and moved on. But being wrestling, he's going to have to deal with scandals, Vince nicking his talent, fans finding something else to watch, etc at some point and that will be the true test.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Do people really still think the E will get better after Vince has died? I thought that idea had been put to bed. 

The existence of this "war" depends entirely on which comes first, Vince passing away or Khan's dad telling his son to go get a real job. Regardless of what the relationship is, Tony Khan is still playing with his dad's chequebook. Vince's life is the WWE. It'll be different when he goes and they sell it off. 

Is he though? I mean, initially, sure. But the first TNT deal was for $50m and that’s expanded since, plus ticket sales, merchandise etc. I don’t think he’s getting much pocket money from his Pa for this one

28 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Considering Twitter has been conflating 'estimated net worth' with what AEW is paying people I wouldn't necessarily put my faith in it as a source

There was a list going around a day or two ago of 'AEW's top earners" that had Moxley earning $6m a year and Dusty Rhodes, who is, of course, dead at $2m a year.