The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

I think part of it, recently, is that they don't care. If they're selling off, which all signs seem to indicate, they're probably not too into building megastars right now. They've got Roman, Big E and a handful of others. You don't need a Kevin Owens or Bryan Danielson on large contracts, while they're trying to save cash as much as possible in order to make the sale easier.

Right now, I think there's possibly a genuine sense of 'hey, if you're happier going to do this, more power to you - no hard feelings'. They're in exit-strategy mode, and this just helps them avoid cutting contracts later.

I wouldn't be surprised if with Vince there's an element of 'they always come back' anyway. Because as we've seen over the years, no matter how much guys slag them off on the way out or on their shoot videos or whatever else, most of them do end up back there in some form or another. Although times were different then and Vince might be surprised at how many are happy to stay away and successfully build their names on the indies or end up in AEW or Japan etc.

• Paid Members
On 11/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, DavidB6937 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if with Vince there's an element of 'they always come back' anyway. Because as we've seen over the years, no matter how much guys slag them off on the way out or on their shoot videos or whatever else, most of them do end up back there in some form or another.

I’m not going to lie, even if the TV wasn’t up to much I was really happy for those couple of years when everyone like Kurt and The Hardys seemed to come to their senses and come “home” eventually. As I care less and less about whatever’s “trending” or happening on Raw and more about the legacy, history, best ofs and retrospective stuff that ends up on the Network, like the WWE feels a bit like family you’ll never really get shot of, and it’s best when everyone from the good old days turns up. When something new-but-old is getting produced, it’s always best when they can get talking head input from anyone - Hogan, Austin, Bret, Bischoff, Jericho, E&C, Show, Punk or whoever was actually relevant or about at the time, rather than Miz, Kofi and whoever else is free the day of filming.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

I’m not going to lie, even if the TV wasn’t up to much I was really happy for those couple of years when everyone like Kurt and The Hardys seemed to come to their senses and come “home” eventually. As I care less and less about whatever’s “trending” or happening on Raw and more about the legacy, history, best ofs and retrospective stuff that ends up on the Network, like the WWE feels a bit like family you’ll never really get shot of, and it’s best when everyone from the good old days turns up. When something new-but-old is getting produced, it’s always best when they can get talking head input from anyone - Hogan, Austin, Bret, Bischoff, Jericho, E&C, Show, Punk or whoever was actually relevant or about at the time, rather than Miz, Kofi and whoever else is free the day of filming.

Oh you're absolutely right and it's what I enjoy the most about the company these days too. I grew up with WWE. It's "my" company much like a football team or something. Even when you know they're not the best there's still an element of support there through the shit times. And luckily there are ways of enjoying some WWE product even if it's not necessarily the week on week stuff.

• Paid Members

I watched the Seth Rollins interview that opened the show. Content was meh. Gimmick is what it is. Piped in boos are laughable. But give credit to these lads (and lasses) for memorising and delivering these 10-15 minute promos. He never lost his train of thought, he broke off to work the crowd and then returned to it, and within the parameters of the (terrible) gimmick, he delivered it all really well. Credit it where due.

Haven't seen much else but given all the criticism they deservedly get for not doing anything long term, the build towards an eventual Omos vs. Randy Orton match has been patient stuff.

spacer.png

State of him, though. The photo weirdly sums up the sheer lack of momentum on Raw these days. It's just a place for the gratitude pals to hang out and live out their Smackdown Vs. Raw comes to life dreams with one another. 

Completely on the creative for not giving them some proper stuff to chew into, I know. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Was looking at the 24/7 title history after last night’s shenanigans with the multiple changes. Reggie made history after being pinned by Drake as his title run was the longest in the short history of the belt at 112 days, beating the 67 day run Rob Gronkowski had after the Pandemic Wrestlemania, R Truth still holds the combined reign record with 452 days spanning 52 ‘reigns’

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

spacer.png

State of him, though. The photo weirdly sums up the sheer lack of momentum on Raw these days. It's just a place for the gratitude pals to hang out and live out their Smackdown Vs. Raw comes to life dreams with one another. 

Completely on the creative for not giving them some proper stuff to chew into, I know. 

Thing is it's definitely a look but I'm not sure what he's supposed to be. The best gimmicks you just know what the character is pretty much immediately. I haven't watched any Seth Rollins in ages and looking at him with that outfit and facial expression I have genuinely no fucking idea what his character is other than someone I definitely don't want to watch to find out.

• Paid Members

The only people that comment in here now are people that seem to hate the show or don't watch it, does anyone still actually watch Raw and find it interesting or enjoyable? That's not a knock on anyone commenting in the thread or to start any arguments, just an observation over the last few weeks and I'm genuinely interested to know whether there is anyone who still enjoys the show.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Thing is it's definitely a look but I'm not sure what he's supposed to be. The best gimmicks you just know what the character is pretty much immediately. I haven't watched any Seth Rollins in ages and looking at him with that outfit and facial expression I have genuinely no fucking idea what his character is other than someone I definitely don't want to watch to find out.

The gimmick is basically "wears ugly clothes and dances around like a twat" so you're getting most of it there.