The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

It’s fine if she’s eventually going to win the title at the Rumble or at Mania. It’s Raw with a one month build, it’s hardly Bobby Roode choking at Bound For Glory.

Absolutely but it feels like it's been longer than a month. The "give me TV time, let me shine" trope has been going on for ages with her, it just feels now because there's no viable target that she's been thrust pretty quickly but it has felt a long time coming. 

She's got to be the odds on favourite for the rumble now right? Admittedly I don't know how they'd manage to fill out a 30 person rumble unless they bring up a heap of NXT or guest appearances from people not pissed off at the company but outside of them trying to make Toni Storm look on Charlotte's level right now, there's only really Bianca winning again that would make any further sense? 

17 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I get that adding a little heat to Becky is needed right now, but even their twitter was saying it was the sentimental favourite of the universe versus the IT girl. Having Liv get the upper hand on Becky every week for the last month made it obvious she wasn't winning tonight because its experience over passion but again this just feels like a company that is terrified of trying to make a new star but will instead probably put the belt on her at Day 1 now her momentum has died down. 

This is what I don't get though. To me, if she loses once and people stop giving a shit about her then she's not the right person to be winning anyway. Making a new star isn't just throwing the belt at them, and they seem to be happy to test the waters with Liv at the moment. How can we say her momentum has died down after one failed Raw main event? Isn't the point that people see her there and believe she deserves to be there and in fact support her more going forward?

I imagine it's more the fact that it's WWE and everyone in the back of their mind just thinks everything's pointless because Vince. And obviously they have a point most of the time.

• Paid Members

It sounds like the issue isn't that Liv Morgan didn't win, it's that they're so starved for star power that they hot-shotted the build to make Liv Morgan a viable challenger into a single show, because there would have been no heat otherwise. The most frustrating thing about WWE is when they do pull out all the stops to make someone look like a star, because it shows that they're perfectly capable of it but 99% of the time choose not to bother.

• Paid Members

Livs probably winning the Rumble but there’s another PPV between now and then. Someone will look at someone else funny while they’re being interviewed by a crab-legged interviewer and they’ll be off to the races with a different direction entirely.

There’s a lot of value been created in Lynch right now, through booking and through her own effort in building a brand and some truly excellent turn of phrase and social media grandstanding, even if she’s presented as a heel despite people still wanting to cheer her. She had a record setting title run then picked a title back up within seconds of reappearing and the “Becky 500” stuff is superb in underlining how “all the way” they’ve gone with her. The only logic now is for them to use that to put over someone else, ideally at Mania, ideally someone fresh, ideally someone really popular.

So just watch them have her or Charlotte lose one of the titles before Mania so they can do Becky VS Charlotte yet again, even though both are technically heels and they just did it, and it would make the other title match look small time in comparison. Fuck it, they might even throw Sasha in there as well.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

She's got to be the odds on favourite for the rumble now right?

Surely if she's healthy enough to return they're having Bayley take the win as a a surprise? I wouldn't be against Liv winning if that is the direction they head in though. So it'll probably be Charlotte. 

• Paid Members

There's seemingly constant talk of them eventually doing a "Four Horsewomen" Fatal Four Way at Wrestlemania - it's one of those things that, given the state of the company lately, if they'd wanted to do it they'd have burned through it already by now. I could see the women's match for 'Mania being heel Becky vs. babyface Bayley, but wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte ends up in there too, at which point, why not just add Sasha and get it over and done with?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I could see the women's match for 'Mania being heel Becky vs. babyface Bayley, but wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte ends up in there too, at which point, why not just add Sasha and get it over and done with?

That WOULD give them chance to present the most back asswards match of all time, with Becky a heel, Sasha a face even though each are a million times better the other way. Have Bayley come back as the heel she was when she got hurt, find an excuse to have a fourth or fifth failed go at turning Charlotte face and complete the fatal fucked-way of giving the fans an entire backbone of a division the opposite way round to how they want and respond to it. Sting in 1999, Del Rio in 2013 or Roman any time have got nothing on how many times the writers have missed the boat on the best way to book these four.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

There's seemingly constant talk of them eventually doing a "Four Horsewomen" Fatal Four Way at Wrestlemania - it's one of those things that, given the state of the company lately, if they'd wanted to do it they'd have burned through it already by now. I could see the women's match for 'Mania being heel Becky vs. babyface Bayley, but wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte ends up in there too, at which point, why not just add Sasha and get it over and done with?

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

That WOULD give them chance to present the most back asswards match of all time, with Becky a heel, Sasha a face even though each are a million times better the other way. Have Bayley come back as the heel she was when she got hurt, find an excuse to have a fourth or fifth failed go at turning Charlotte face and complete the fatal fucked-way of giving the fans an entire backbone of a division the opposite way round to how they want and respond to it. Sting in 1999, Del Rio in 2013 or Roman any time have got nothing on how many times the writers have missed the boat on the best way to book these four.

I don't care who's a heel and who isn't, I just want to see that match now and if doesn't happen it's both your faults.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't care who's a heel and who isn't, I just want to see that match now and if doesn't happen it's both your faults.

Don’t pretend you’d watch it!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Don’t pretend you’d watch it!

Of course I would, the WWE women are the only thing I bother paying even a small amount of attention to in wrestling these days.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

LOL. Bully Ray must love this show. Heat!

On the subject of heat, there was a ludicrous amount of "the people here are ugly/stupid" from heels on this show.

Vince/Bruce must really hate Minnesota for some reason.