Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
32 minutes ago, Perry said:

I'm not a fan of this 2 night WrestleMania thing at all.  Go back to having one big show on the same night, the way it should be.

The 6 hour long Mania is a fucking killer. If they're insisting on having so many damn matches then two nights is definitely the way to go. There's barely any enthusiasm for the product at the moment as it is, but Mania main events should have an enthusiastic crowd, not a burnt out one that is more worried about how the fuck they're going to get enough blood circulating in their bodies again to walk out of the damn stadium.

Posted (edited)

I think from a viewing at home on TV experience, 2 nights is the way to go.   From an attending live point of view, it absolutely isn't and I've seen as many people complaining about it now being 2 nights as I have people glad it is now 2 nights.

Getting a 2 night Wrestlemania doesn't mean getting a Wrestlemania with just the best of the best on one major show, it now means getting half the best one night and half the best the other night, so people are (I am guessing, given they are already giving tickets away) less likely to want to spend big money on tickets.

The best thing for them to do, which they aren't and won't, is to keep it one night, but just not have it so long !    Personally having attended 3 Wrestlemanias since they started being 6 hours long - never bothered me.   And as someone planning to go next year, I am not a fan of it being 2 nights at all - but I'll still go, so I guess it doesn't bother me that much, but I'd prefer it being one night.

Edited by The Dart
  • Paid Members
Posted

I don’t know how anyone who suffered through that second night of Wrestlemania this year can still believe two nights in the way forward. It’s not a binary choice between one show that goes nine hours or two shows that go four hours. Just cut all the fat and do one four hour show with all your best stuff. Everything else can happen on Raw and Smackdown earlier in the week.

Posted
2 hours ago, The Dart said:

I think from a viewing at home on TV experience, 2 nights is the way to go.   From an attending live point of view, it absolutely isn't and I've seen as many people complaining about it now being 2 nights as I have people glad it is now 2 nights.

If your attending all the WWE related events including Axxess its a long enough week as it is without 2 manias. Would much rather have a 5-6 hour show (which you can pick and choose your matches to have a piss break/beer) than have Mania over 2 nights.

If they had the star power I could maybe just about get behind it, but feels like we are getting more shows for less enjoyment. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Wasting our time considering the creative benefit of one loaded shorter show when the company sees a chance to sell two loads of tickets/merch instead of one.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I wonder what it'll take to get them to have to go back to the thunderdome or performance centre a la NXT just to make it look like they have a hard core of fans. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder what it'll take to get them to have to go back to the thunderdome or performance centre a la NXT just to make it look like they have a hard core of fans. 

Selling not enough tickets for night one or night two to cover the building rent, I’d imagine.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Produced not by a sixth form film student but by a multi-billion dollar sports media company that produces over 10 hours of new content every week. Genuinely embarrassing that not a single one of the people involved in creating this video spoke up to point out how terrible everything about it is. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Occasionally I think it’s such a shame that they don’t do anything different these days, and that everything is so mass produced and cookie cutter. 

Then they do things like this, and I remember why.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Are the cameramen conditioned to do that stupid swaying stuff for all the shots regardless now? It looks stupid. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Produced not by a sixth form film student but by a multi-billion dollar sports media company that produces over 10 hours of new content every week. Genuinely embarrassing that not a single one of the people involved in creating this video spoke up to point out how terrible everything about it is. 

Don't miss the action from Lytham St Anne's leisure centre, Saturday 7.30pm. Meat raffle at interval, cans of pop £1.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...