The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I have! There's one of these every year it seems but this is easily the most well made. Very excited for Full Gear!

I know what a sucker you are for a good My Way video. 

That main event was pure Attitude Era fun. There's a little ripple of noise through the crowd when Cutler gets revealed as they're trying to figure out who's in the Stay-Puft costume, but it kind of quietens down and then that pop when he takes the head off and has that look on his face. Cornette's going to hate it, but that was such a fun match. 

The Cody bollocks is Cody bollocks. Good to see Pac getting a match on PPV. I wonder whether Cody turns at Full Gear and we get Cody, Andrade and Black Vs Death Triangle at some point. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

This is easily my favourite version of Moxley. I never cared for him on the indys before his WWE run. Liked him in The Shield but probably because as a unit they were the business. I wasn't interested in him as a singles. I always thought he was trying too hard to look 'unhinged' and be the 'lunatic fringe' with the swaying of the arms and everything. 

Like Jeff Hardy as the charismatic enigma, if you go round with that as your nickname, you're probably a bit of a twat. Same with lunatic fringe. 

But now, what a fucking beast. Imagine this Mox against Brock at Mania, this Mox on Broken Skull Sessions.

He and Danielson will no doubt beat the shit out of each other and outside of Hangman getting his moment, this will surely steal the show.

Only thing that let's him down for me is Justin Roberts' announcing of "Jon" it goes right through me. I don't know how anyone can hear that and think it's acceptable for an announcer.

Edit- on a Justin Roberts related note, on one of the earlier PPVS, possibly before Dynamite started. His announcing of "Young Bucks" was absolutle finger nails on a chalk board and I don't think he ever did it like that again. If he could just announce Jon properly and not roll his r's on Rey Fenix, I'd be made up.  

Edited by rollthedice

• Paid Members

He's turned it into a meme. I remember seeing a video of somebody showing him pictures of people with "John" in their name, and every time he'd say the John part like that. They started with Mox, then I think it was John Legend, Elton John, they showed him Cena and he said he couldn't see anyone. 

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Isn't Justin Roberts allegedly another wrong un that seems to get forgotten about? I remember his name swirling around during #SpeakingOut, but can't quite remember what it was exactly.

A fan came forward with screenshots of their DMs. The conversation led to him asking for pics a couple of times. She was under 18 at the time and he was in his 30s.  She says he knew her age the whole time, he's obviously denied that although I don't think he ever made a public statement.

Even if he didn't know her exact age, there was obviously a clear age difference, power dynamic of celeb & fan and there was the manner in how he persisted in asking for pics.

• Paid Members

Maybe Cornette wasn't too far off the mark when he said Roberts looks like he shouldn't be allowed within 200yds of a school. 

16 hours ago, rollthedice said:

This is easily my favourite version of Moxley. I never cared for him on the indys before his WWE run. Liked him in The Shield but probably because as a unit they were the business. I wasn't interested in him as a singles. I always thought he was trying too hard to look 'unhinged' and be the 'lunatic fringe' with the swaying of the arms and everything. 

Like Jeff Hardy as the charismatic enigma, if you go round with that as your nickname, you're probably a bit of a twat. Same with lunatic fringe.

‘Lunatic Fringe’ was a rib on his hairline, right?

I always assumed that was the real rationale. It doesn't make sense as a name for one person.

53 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Should be it's own thread really, it's big news. 

I really hope Jon Moxley gets the help he needs. Can't have been an easy decision to ask for help at a time when he has a book to promote and is in a prominent spot on a PPV but that's secondary to his health and his family. I love the guy as a performer. Hope he gets well and is back and healthy soon.

Credit to the company, particularly TK, for the classy way they've handled it. After Page's paternity leave, it shows them in a good light putting people first. 

Totally agree, and it’s incredibly brave of Moxley to be open about this. AEW has already shown that they can keep a secret, and he didn’t have to do this. But you would hope that news of Moxley getting help could be a catalyst for some other people dealing with addiction doing the same thing.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

The increasingly wonderful FTR have laid out an open challenge to any luchadores (except the Lucha Bros) for the AAA titles this week. ROH has a few exciting luchadores on their roster don't they? Could be two of them turning up.

This was all from a great promo at the start of Dark from Dax's porch in North Carolina if you missed it.

4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The increasingly wonderful FTR have laid out an open challenge to any luchadores (except the Lucha Bros) for the AAA titles this week. ROH has a few exciting luchadores on their roster don't they? Could be two of them turning up.

Only one option..

FCqSh0oX0AU5wiG?format=jpg&name=large

• Paid Members

God, I hope it's not that.

I have a feeling it's the old Hardys/E&C/Los Conquistadores bit, where FTR will have got some jobber team to dress up as Los Super Ranas for an easy win, only for the jobbers to be taken out and someone else be under the masks. Though given that they're currently feuding with the Lucha Bros, that means I'm trying to picture them removing one mask to reveal another, more complicated mask underneath, which is a bit of a stretch.