The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Not seen all of Dynamite, but saw a lot of people shitting on the ending on Twitter with it being more sports entertainment than usual so I checked out the ending. Holy shit that was fun, the pop for Hangman taking off the mask was brilliant. Wrestling is goofy, wrestling is daft and silly, and angles like this justify why. 

• Paid Members

Why was Darby Allin wearing a flashers mack?

That closing match/segment was superb. Hangman's facial expression when the mask came off was superb, and it capped off a tremendously fun main event. It just goes to show that obvious isn't always bad and that was perfectly booked from start to finish, except from Hangman obviously not being able to get the costume off over his shoes, but that didn't detract at all. Tremendous stuff. 

27 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Why was Darby Allin wearing a flashers mack?

That closing match/segment was superb. Hangman's facial expression when the mask came off was superb, and it capped off a tremendously fun main event. It just goes to show that obvious isn't always bad and that was perfectly booked from start to finish, except from Hangman obviously not being able to get the costume off over his shoes, but that didn't detract at all. Tremendous stuff. 

Was he not dressed as the Invisible Man?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, stewdogg said:

Was he not dressed as the Invisible Man?

Possibly, I wasn't sure that was blindingly obvious though. It looked like a flashers mack to me, which seemed an odd choice on the surface of things. 

I am a huge Ghostbusters geek so loved seeing Stay Puft out there, and when it dawned on me who it was, my eyes lit up in joy. Brilliant stuff.

Also would like to mention that Hikaru Shida v Serena Deeb was great, especially the ending stretch. And Mox is just a scary, scary man right now, I'm not sure which of the possible routes with him we'll end up at. 

• Paid Members

Good lord I loved pretty much everything on that show (not Cody's shite obviously) and an absolutely molten crowd all night long. MJF may get some shit for being a try hard edge lord sometimes but every angle in this Darby Allin feud has been red hot and he's getting absolutely insane heat from the live crowds. I'm all in on Mox absolutely brutalizing people left right and center, hard to imagine him getting over as a heel because he's just so fucking cool and great to watch. Serena Deeb is just fantastic and exactly what all the women on this roster need. She raises everyones game. That main event was just nothing but silly, daft exciting fun with all the bells and whistles. JR was obviously hating it but I had a grin on my face from start to finish.

And we've still got Danielson/Kingston to come this week! AEW is the absolute best.

7 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Possibly, I wasn't sure that was blindingly obvious though. It looked like a flashers mack to me, which seemed an odd choice on the surface of things. 

He stood behind MJF and took the glasses and bandages off his face on screen 

• Paid Members
Just now, Louch said:

He stood behind MJF and took the glasses and bandages off his face on screen 

Ah I see, my internet was on the blink while I was watching it, and I didn't catch that, fair enough in which case!

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Not seen all of Dynamite, but saw a lot of people shitting on the ending on Twitter with it being more sports entertainment than usual

I saw some weirdos saying this. Same people who probably loved Austin stunning Santa back in 98.

• Paid Members

The main event was everything I want in a holiday special. Just fun. The Elite's special music with the I ain't afraid of no Budge, was a great touch, I clocked on early that Stay Puft was Page, but again, the reveal wasn't a let down at all! Just pure fun!

10 needs to learn how to blade. That looked rough. Mox is looking like an animal right now. Enjoyed all the matches actually. I am also enjoying these more frequent finishes where they come almost out of nowhere rather then just after a finisher has been hit.

COME DO A SHOW IN ENGLAND YOU COWARDS!

Poor Natalya Neidhart. You are literally family and you cosplay/modernise the Hart colour and look. Then Serena Deeb turns in a Bret '93 special and looks the absolute business. She's brilliant, been a fan of her for a while in AEW. Her actual lack of any real gimmick genuinely plays into her act aa this veteran who talks in the match. Get her a leather jacket and some epaulets.