The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Still haven't made my mind up about Lambert. Love his role as an agitator, and he gets the kind of fucking HEAT you rarely ever see these days. His delivery can be one note and overly scripted sounding though. Also wish they did a bit more to profile the MMA guys to someone like me, who's never heard of 'em

Its Cody vs Black tonight! Is the Code man getting his win back? 

As much as it sucks not getting Dynamite on Wednesdays, I love that feeling late in the day when I remember I get to watch it on the weekend instead.

12 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

As much as it sucks not getting Dynamite on Wednesdays, I love that feeling late in the day when I remember I get to watch it on the weekend instead.

Plus, Dynamite tonight means more Dynamite in just four days, as opposed to the normal 7.

Didn’t they announce the tbs tournament starting when they move, but now the tournaments starting now? Have they explained this or just started it and pretending it was always now?

44 minutes ago, Louch said:

Didn’t they announce the tbs tournament starting when they move, but now the tournaments starting now? Have they explained this or just started it and pretending it was always now?

The way I remember it the tournament final has always been planned for the 1st Dynamite on TBS.

35 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The way I remember it the tournament final has always been planned for the 1st Dynamite on TBS.

Just seems strange to start it now when it’s 2 months away. Gonna be really dragged out, be better starting post the mens tournament finishing 

Another strong show, but Jesus, that Lance Archer moonsault was scary. Hopefully he’s OK. 

Punk/Fish does nothing for me. I’m enjoying Punk for the most part, but I’m more than ready to see him in a feud of substance. 

Ethan Page vs Sammy next week should be fun, but it was a bit eye-rolling to hear Dan Lambert tell a gay joke in 2021. 

I enjoyed Cody/Black 3, up until the result. If they were trying to tell the story of the deconstruction and reconstruction of Cody Rhodes, shouldn’t he have at least changed his act up somewhat. Persisting with babyface Cody is a huge mistake. I wouldn’t have minded Cody winning if it were setting Cody off on a new direction, any new direction. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. 

Danielson/Dustin was a lot of fun, and I’m all for Dustin getting one last title match before he retires.

I’m assuming we’re now on a path that’ll lead to a Wardlow face turn in 2022. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares in that role if that does indeed happen.

Finally, as silly as it is, I really do hope John Silver dresses up as Bambi next week.

I have just finished watching it and while it was decent, it felt like a Saturday night let’s get through show 

dustin looked like a man fighting a boy in with Danielson. Quite the visual when he wasn’t even seen as one of the bigger guys back in his prime. 

id seen archer say he was banged up but ok, so spent that match waiting for something to go wrong so that took the fun out of it 

my hangman obsession got to the point where I managed to find the T-shirt he had on. Just have filmed that last week given Dark order are on the cruise 

Mox’s baby has pinky breaking Grip and he hates work. Sound 

fuck Cody and everything he’s involved in. Have him with MJF again so I can skip them easily 

14 minutes ago, pol_pot_rick said:

After P&P made the save on Rampage, I was under the impression that IC vs ATT would be 5vs5 at Full Gear, but Sammy's promo made it seem like it would be 3vs3

It’s 3 of ATT and men of the year 

Decent show, definitely had a bit of a Saturday filler vibe, but nothing offensive on it. Loved Moxley's promo. Not many guys can do the "Look I have a kid now, I don't even really care about this" angle and make it work, but it's a great angle, and the "I just need to return home with all my teeth in my head, and that means other people need to get hurt" line was killer. 

He was holding dusting hands and stomping on his face. I don’t mind that against the bad guys, but that’s a proper shitty heel move to do on a face. Hope he turns and you can all dislike him with me :)