Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The segment at the Nightmare Factory absolutely cemented it to me, that Cody's not turning heel at all, nor is Arn turning on him. The story is that Cody needs to "find the darkness within himself" to be able to beat Malakai Black. 

He’s going to come out with his own manky eye isn’t he

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

WWE have now added Roman Reigns to the show and slashed all ticket prices to be cheaper than AEW tickets.

Unless you work for either AEW or WWE I have no idea why this would be important? Am I missing something? Legit question, I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. 

Edited by mim731
Clarity
Posted
1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Unless you work for either AEW or WWE I have no idea why this would be important? Am I missing something? Legit question, I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. 

Because it's 2021 man. Big bad Vince vs the new kid on the block TK. It's all about obsessively analysing ratings and ticket sales. WRESTLING WARZ!!

Posted

Are we still on this "Why would you be discussing the business side of wrestling" shit? 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
25 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's a good job they don't care about AEW.

That's always going to be bollocks, Vince cares about all competition, but I think it's fair to say that poor selling tickets in a good market is something they'd always react to.

 

2 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Unless you work for either AEW or WWE I have no idea why this would be important? Am I missing something?

Do you not find it interesting that WWE are selling poorly in an area while there's clear evidence that a rival can sell well. It's an indicator of their current problems. Don't see why that wouldn't be interesting as a wrestling fan.

Sure some will be all "WWE in the mud" about it but it's just interesting.

Posted
Just now, RancidPunx said:

So what happened with the 2.5 hour Smackdown that went head to head with Dynamite ?

 

Who won those two quarters ?

We should know a little later today - I'd be surprised if Rampage didn't lose in total viewers head to head but the demo will be interesting.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Do you not find it interesting that WWE are selling poorly in an area while there's clear evidence that a rival can sell well. It's an indicator of their current problems. Don't see why that wouldn't be interesting as a wrestling fan.

Sure some will be all "WWE in the mud" about it but it's just interesting.

Ah I see. Not hugely interesting to me unless it's a sign of a bigger overall trend (and I'm not sure it is just yet unless it becomes the norm), it's perhaps a little too granular for me, but that's not a knock on anyone who does find it interesting. I just wasn't sure if there was something more to that I was missing in terms of it's significance.

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Are we still on this "Why would you be discussing the business side of wrestling" shit? 

 

Missed this when I replied, no not at all! There are many good reasons to be talking about the business side of things if that's what you enjoy discussing! I just wasn't sure if I had missed something more obviously significant in the wider context. Reading back my reply I appreciate it reads like that, poor wording on my part. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think if this was a discussion around drawing some random town in a random state, I would agree that it's a little irrelevant, but, this is NEW YORK, which has forever been known as WWF/E territory. For AEW to be outdrawing them on ticket sales in their own 'town', it is probably the biggest thing for Vince to actually sit up and take notice (I know this sounds like he doesn't already, which isn't true). 

It's certainly more embarrassing for WWE than losing the NXT ratings to Dynamite. Big bruise to the ego. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

So what happened with the 2.5 hour Smackdown that went head to head with Dynamite ?

Who won those two quarters ?

The fans, of course!

Posted

Kiera Hogan v Penelope Ford has to be one of the worst matches I've seen on tv in some time.  An absolute stinker!  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...