The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

17 hours ago, Chili said:

Sooooo. Someone zoomed in on Tonk K's notes like a politician when they have papers photographed, and this is the rumoured Full Gear card (no Buy Inn noted so one ot two will be there perhaps). 

No idea how spoiler tags work. So SKIP THIS BELOW INFO. Posted for anyone not arsed about clicking the link. 

https://twitter.com/Surya_KL_/status/1448404428764037124?t=qSREow19Mm-VISl9xOG7Kw&s=19

Clearly he’s never watched The Thick Of It

• Paid Members

More class activity from AEW taking care of the family. I think it's a brilliant idea to have outreach in the communities so it'll be interesting to see what exactly is involved. Well done. 

• Paid Members

It's great news. I only saw it because of people complaining about negative responses. But if you look at the replies and the quotes, it's 99.9% positive. Sad thing about social media. It's so negative most of the time and even when it isn't, the teeny bit of negativity makes the most waves.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

I think it's a brilliant idea to have outreach in the communities so it'll be interesting to see what exactly is involved. Well done. 

Mark Henry leads on the community outreach stuff. Seems to involve stuff like bringing groups of underprivileged kids to AEW shows and wrestlers visiting schools in deprived areas and all that good stuff.

People love to focus on the negative responses as they think it makes them look better to show against that, than backing the initial positive thing. They have been running the community stuff for a while now, standard stuff Henry and Show used to do for wwe, but with a mix of lower card guys and Cody as well involved. Seeing news footage a few weeks back of wardlow packing cans in boxes was unexpected! 

Edited by Louch

15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It's great news. I only saw it because of people complaining about negative responses. But if you look at the replies and the quotes, it's 99.9% positive. Sad thing about social media. It's so negative most of the time and even when it isn't, the teeny bit of negativity makes the most waves.

What could possibly be negative about it?

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I seen people saying they couldn’t believe people where being negative about it. Checked the replies and quote tweets, seen nothing negative, just assumed that people where doing that twitter thing of reacting to something they where assuming would happen 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Mostly that everyone is a hypocrite for reacting differently to Dana Warrior than Amanda Huber. I have seen some accusations of AEW exploiting her/Brodie too. But as I said, it's a tiny minority and it's a shame they get so much attention. 

• Paid Members

Piss weak title tournament. When they left announcing the brackets until the very end of the show I was expecting something bonkers, like a CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson opening round match or just a ridiculously stacked tournament featuring all the top guys like Miro, PAC, Adam Cole, Punk, MJF, Darby, etc. What a disappointment. Fucking Ten?! Hobbs?! Seeing the brackets, I genuinely wonder whether Tony’s notes getting leaked the other day, meaning everyone knew it was Moxley vs. Danielson in the final, resulted in him taking some of the top guys out and saving some big matches, since everyone already knew the finals. Not that I can complain too much though; the idea of Danielson having matches with Dustin, Kingston and then Moxley fills me with joy. He’s having a cracking late run for Wrestler of the Year. I also love the idea of Moxley continuing his run as Dadberg, coming in and killing everyone in seconds.

Plus, nothing else matters after that Adam Page promo. Fucking outstanding. I don’t know whether he’s a really great actor, or they’re geniuses for creating a character and story that completely suits his delivery, but the way he sounded so timid and nervous was super endearing, left me hanging on his every word, and I have never lived and died with anyone as much as I am with this man. Brilliant summary of the story so far. That stuff about the fans never stopping believing in him was the absolute best. Goosebumps. Come on Hangman! Best babyface all my life.

I don’t know what we’re waiting for with these Trios Titles. Stick them on the Super Kliq and let them steal every show with a wild, fun PWG match. Belting.

Cody’s going full Bret Hart heel next week, surely? You don’t book that trilogy match with Black without knowing exactly what type of reaction it’s going to get. I can’t wait!

Edited by Supremo

They never fill tournaments with top guys. Last years had Colt Cabana, Wardlow and Sonny Kiss in it. They aren’t throwing away all their top stars losing for a first round in a tournament. These are just matches to fill tv time to get to an end 

Not seen any of the show yet, just reactions and stuff. Not sure I’m that keen on the swerve with the AAA tag title match, teasing a mystery team, making people think maybe the former Lucha Dragons or the team the Lucha Bros beat, only to stick FTR in the Riddler’s rejected bodysuits and masks