The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Lio Rush is adding nothing to Dante, don’t get this story

Punk seeing through FTR disguise felt as libbed, the others seemed to stall for approval to join in

mox look is very old school UFC heavyweight. Looks like he would He would fuck you up. Spoiler for end of the show, but was a nice set up for the semi finals as you seen Orange react to Mox violence in the past match 

cole and the bucks just work for this mid show multiman. Coles not being seen as an immediate headliner, so can’t have the complaints when he plays the comedy side that seemed to anger many when it was Omega in that role. Bucks don’t need the titles, this is an easy way to have lots of matches with mixtures of people and spread the loses back and forth. 

jungle Boy running out looking like he runs a stall in early 90s Eastenders will make him friends on here. 

cody & arn latest adventure felt like it existed in a different world, no wait, it felt like it belonged in the Universe. Why would he just stand and let himself be slapped in the street? What’s with the background music and smoke machine in the training? Very out of place after a few decent efforts. Next week has to be him turning on Arn

MJF wrestles more infrequently than Sting who’s in his 60s. No wonder he ran

2 womens interviews backstage that led to them fighting. Where’s the quality control went over repetition? 

Hogan & Ford was elevation quality. 

Miro is amazing, I just dunno where he fits.  He’d have been a decent first 6 week tv feud for a new champion Hangman. Wonder if he will be the challenger for the Revolution PPV. 

Hangman promo goes against everything we have been conditioned about a top babyface. Talks of his weaknesses &  failures, yet comes out of it bigger and more beloved. Can’t think of any headliner who wasn’t a bit of a dick to other people, there’s nothing unlikeable about this handsome cowboy. 

I don’t mind a random finish in a match, but that heel hook felt like a weird one as it’s such a set up move in wrestling to finish the main. 

eliminator tournament  sets up a few fun matches in first round, semis more serious and a final we can bet on being full on. 

One of my biggest peeves with wrestling booking is that when there is a tournament for a title shot or a ‘king of the ring’ that more of the established wrestlers don’t enter it. Surely the goal is to be the champion (and at least getting a shot at it) for the vast majority of the roster. 

• Paid Members

God bless that handsome cowboy. A wonderful character that perfectly balances being wholesome and flawed with tough white meat babyface fire. I love him.

Miro vs God - book it Tony! God doesn't stand a chance.

A damn good show this week. Lots going on and most of it fun.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Not seen any of the show yet, just reactions and stuff. Not sure I’m that keen on the swerve with the AAA tag title match, teasing a mystery team, making people think maybe the former Lucha Dragons or the team the Lucha Bros beat, only to stick FTR in the Riddler’s rejected bodysuits and masks 

They didn’t tease anything. Just two mystery opponents. Anyone who assumed it was anyone did so themselves. Thought it was done well.

Did anyone else think the show was rushed. FTR win the belts, few seconds of them celebrating then cut to backstage, then cut to the next entrance. Nothing seemed to breathe.

Cant believe we’re getting Cody/Black 3 already. Eesh. 

I liked the finish of the main. Any match won by a move which isn’t their signature or finisher is good in my books.

Adam Page is the man. And when he beats Kenny, and he is holding the belt whilst being held up by the Dark Order will be an image better then Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup. Bring it on!

After the old school masked attack on Darby Allin, I did think it would be funny if the masked tag team would be a job squad ala the Conquistadors to further the Andrade & Lucha Bros angle. Would have gotten Andrade some heat for a poor surprise, Luchas get a quick showcase destroying the team and then onto something post match. It was a nice for it to be half right and FTR being the ones under the masks.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Did anyone else think the show was rushed. FTR win the belts, few seconds of them celebrating then cut to backstage, then cut to the next entrance. Nothing seemed to breathe.

Something ran over early. In the Jericho/ATT promo, you can see Jericho checking for time cues while ATT are talking, and when Sammy stalls to let the crowd chant, Jericho tells him to carry on and hurry up.

• Paid Members

That was a great show this week. Moxley, currently, is as good as he has ever been. He's going to beat the piss out of 10, Cassidy is going to get some shine then Moxley is going to hammer him, and Danielson and Mox will have a belter in the final.

Moxley looks set to be Hangman's first opponent, and I imagine a heel turn is around the corner. I wouldn't be pissed at Moxley hammering Sammy Guevara to take the TNT title though, once the ATT/Inner Circle feud is wrapped up, and then Miro could be Hangman's next challenger? So many options and all of them I would be delighted to see. 

What a promo from Hangman. I can't wait to see the video package that can top the one put together for Omega/Page last year. Hit him with that Buckshot and grab yourself that belt you beautiful bastard. 

Danielson Vs Dustin Rhodes? Lovely jubbly. That should be a blinder. 

I laughed my bollocks off at Adam Cole getting kissed by the Dark Order instead of his little buddies. 

Anyone else think we're heading for a 5 Vs 5 Pinnacle Vs Darby/Sting/ CM Punk/Lucha Bros match? 

MJF could really do with getting some more reps in I feel. Struggling to understand why he hardly ever wrestles. I think it's possible he has had less matches this year than there have been months. He hasn't been injured either. He could possibly see himself being left behind by his peers in the development of that side of his game. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

MJF could really do with getting some more reps in I feel. Struggling to understand why he hardly ever wrestles. I think it's possible he has had less matches this year than there have been months. He hasn't been injured either. He could possibly see himself being left behind by his peers in the development of that side of his game. 

It's weird but also most the stories he's been in don't actually require him to wrestle that often so I'm torn on it. It definitely makes it so that when he does wrestle it feels like a bigger deal than most regular matches. 

JR screaming ‘cat fight!’ when Britt and Baker came to blows, Chris Jericho calling Paige VanZant a ‘bitch’ leading to a small ‘bitch’ chant from some audience members. Let’s not head down that misogynistic road, AEW. 

Now the positives- that Page promo was fantastic, it nearly brought a tear to my eye. I really want Hangman to win the title, and what a moment it’ll be if he actually does. 

I may be in the minority, but I really like the dynamic between Rush and Martin. Dante is the inexperienced newbie, Rush is manipulative, but has already proven that he has Tony Khan’s ear by getting Sydal the Punk match. It would make sense for Dante to feel conflicted, and not to immediately reject Rush.

I’m more invested in seeing MJF/Sting than I am MJF/Darby, so I hope that’s what we end up getting.

• Paid Members

Yeah you're right, it definitely does get that feel of being more important when he steps in there, which I suppose is what they are going with. AEW do a great job with balancing how often the talent are showcased so as not to be over exposed, but I think he's just a little too inactive. Even some type of extra squash match once a month while he talks shit on the mic during the match I think would be fun. 

3 hours ago, Louch said:

Lio Rush is adding nothing to Dante, don’t get this story

I assume this is setting up the return of his brother and the actual tag team.

3 hours ago, Louch said:

cody & arn latest adventure felt like it existed in a different world, no wait, it felt like it belonged in the Universe. Why would he just stand and let himself be slapped in the street? What’s with the background music and smoke machine in the training? Very out of place after a few decent efforts. Next week has to be him turning on Arn.

I am hoping next week that a snake jumps out of Arn's cooler and bites Cody.

Old Man Khan is in that London to hopefully watch his Jags get smashed by the Fins. He was at Fulham’s game yesterday too. I’d love for him for appear in AEW like Mozart’s dad in Amadeus, little Tone shitting himself that his over pushy dad has turned up in his playground making sure the books balance. 

Yes there is a very good reason why I’m not a Booker and it’s in the paragraph above.