The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Punk is clearly having a great time on commentary, and although it's a long way off I would love to see that be where he ends up eventually (obviously after he stops being a full timer in-ring, still lots to do before then). 

Speaking of commentary, my toes curl and my skin crawls every time JR says "Johnny Hungey" in reference to Silver. It's not the nickname so much, just how much it sounds unsettling coming out of Ross' mouth. 

Caught on about 3 weeks worth of Dynamite (last one I watched was Omega/Bryan) and I've had quite a lot of fun. It's still quite comfortably the best wrestling around.

I'm not as invested as some of you with Adam Page but what a great moment that was. 

Also, Jungle Boy (still a dreadful name) Adam Cole was excellent. 

Sting going to hop the barrier, and just walking around it? Fuck yeah. Best moment of the entire days watching.

Bad things: Jim Ross on one episode going all 'Smithers at the drag racing-MAYHEMMAYHEMMAYHEM' He did it about 20 times with different things. 

Also him saying "arse" in that sit down with Allin. So strange. Could see why if he was interviewing an English wrestler, but it was so odd.

That old lad and all them MMA people. Dreadful. Pure go away heat for me. Saying that, Jericho and his lot (misogyny aside) have been good.

Speaking of shit heels, MJF is awful. I've said it before, but he just tries so hard. The stuff about Allin, being a "school shooter" (fuck off with that for a start) and his uncle and being the "wrong person to die". Nah, not for me Clive. It smacks of desperation, and trying to get heat.

The Young Bucks are brilliant heels as it feels effortless and you want to see them get their faces caved in. Same with Adam Cole. Smug little shits that don't try hard to be hated, as they don't have to.

MJF just seems so false with it. I don't think hes good at all.

Highlight of Punk on comms: Adam Cole seems like the type of guy who would listen to his own theme song at the gym. Genuine LOL at that.

All in all, good shit. I assume it's on tonight again?

• Paid Members

Dan Lambert in AEW just highlights how weak MJF's whole thing is. I'm not a huge fan of Lambert's stuff, but he genuinely riles up even a fairly quiet crowd and comes across as completely believable in the whole thing. In comparison, MJF still comes across like someone playing at being a heel, and his reliance on 'referencing a real life thing in a mean way' is e-fed level shite.

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Dan Lambert in AEW just highlights how weak MJF's whole thing is. I'm not a huge fan of Lambert's stuff, but he genuinely riles up even a fairly quiet crowd and comes across as completely believable in the whole thing. In comparison, MJF still comes across like someone playing at being a heel, and his reliance on 'referencing a real life thing in a mean way' is e-fed level shite.

Completely agree. Even though I don't like Lambert and the group as it really just doesn't interest me, he is at least getting the desired reaction. 

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Exactly. There’s proper legitimacy to Lambert and what he says. MJF is getting very close to go away heat. 

The greatest sample in music history, the Armed Anderson promo at the start.

Don Callis and Darby mentioned as well. He seems to be pretty tight with AEW in general, surprised to not hear him as someone's theme yet.

Edited by Merzbow