Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
53 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Cody pissing about in a comedy tag team does not bode well for this coming Saturday. He’s beating Black and staying babyface, isn’t he? Fuck’s sake.

It’s the Mr America gimmick, Brother

Posted

“I don’t believe him, I think he would,” from Punk re Jericho and Van Zant really made me laugh. As did “snowing in Miami”.

New storyline of “everyone hates Cody” is different. 

Was waiting for Page to say, “I lost my smile”.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Punk is clearly having a great time on commentary, and although it's a long way off I would love to see that be where he ends up eventually (obviously after he stops being a full timer in-ring, still lots to do before then). 

Speaking of commentary, my toes curl and my skin crawls every time JR says "Johnny Hungey" in reference to Silver. It's not the nickname so much, just how much it sounds unsettling coming out of Ross' mouth. 

  • Members
Posted

Caught on about 3 weeks worth of Dynamite (last one I watched was Omega/Bryan) and I've had quite a lot of fun. It's still quite comfortably the best wrestling around.

I'm not as invested as some of you with Adam Page but what a great moment that was. 

Also, Jungle Boy (still a dreadful name) Adam Cole was excellent. 

Sting going to hop the barrier, and just walking around it? Fuck yeah. Best moment of the entire days watching.

Bad things: Jim Ross on one episode going all 'Smithers at the drag racing-MAYHEMMAYHEMMAYHEM' He did it about 20 times with different things. 

Also him saying "arse" in that sit down with Allin. So strange. Could see why if he was interviewing an English wrestler, but it was so odd.

That old lad and all them MMA people. Dreadful. Pure go away heat for me. Saying that, Jericho and his lot (misogyny aside) have been good.

Speaking of shit heels, MJF is awful. I've said it before, but he just tries so hard. The stuff about Allin, being a "school shooter" (fuck off with that for a start) and his uncle and being the "wrong person to die". Nah, not for me Clive. It smacks of desperation, and trying to get heat.

The Young Bucks are brilliant heels as it feels effortless and you want to see them get their faces caved in. Same with Adam Cole. Smug little shits that don't try hard to be hated, as they don't have to.

MJF just seems so false with it. I don't think hes good at all.

Highlight of Punk on comms: Adam Cole seems like the type of guy who would listen to his own theme song at the gym. Genuine LOL at that.

All in all, good shit. I assume it's on tonight again?

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

All in all, good shit. I assume it's on tonight again?

It is - another Saturday night episode tonight, then it's back to Wednesday from next week.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Dan Lambert in AEW just highlights how weak MJF's whole thing is. I'm not a huge fan of Lambert's stuff, but he genuinely riles up even a fairly quiet crowd and comes across as completely believable in the whole thing. In comparison, MJF still comes across like someone playing at being a heel, and his reliance on 'referencing a real life thing in a mean way' is e-fed level shite.

  • Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Dan Lambert in AEW just highlights how weak MJF's whole thing is. I'm not a huge fan of Lambert's stuff, but he genuinely riles up even a fairly quiet crowd and comes across as completely believable in the whole thing. In comparison, MJF still comes across like someone playing at being a heel, and his reliance on 'referencing a real life thing in a mean way' is e-fed level shite.

Completely agree. Even though I don't like Lambert and the group as it really just doesn't interest me, he is at least getting the desired reaction. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Dan Lambert in AEW just highlights how weak MJF's whole thing is. I'm not a huge fan of Lambert's stuff, but he genuinely riles up even a fairly quiet crowd and comes across as completely believable in the whole thing. In comparison, MJF still comes across like someone playing at being a heel, and his reliance on 'referencing a real life thing in a mean way' is e-fed level shite.

Exactly. There’s proper legitimacy to Lambert and what he says. MJF is getting very close to go away heat. 

Posted

It’s that loud it sounded auto tuned. Then send crowd footage and it was that loud 

Posted (edited)

The greatest sample in music history, the Armed Anderson promo at the start.

Don Callis and Darby mentioned as well. He seems to be pretty tight with AEW in general, surprised to not hear him as someone's theme yet.

 

Edited by Merzbow
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...