The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Yeah, where does Black go from here? 

Once PAC finishes up with Andrade, maybe him? Possibly Black and Andrade trying their luck with the Lucha Bros after they’re done with FTR? Not as keen on that second one but I could see a way into a PAC match for him.

Does the end of an AEW/Impact partnership mean no more Don Callis with Omega? That would be a shame as he’s certainly helped Kenny as champion, but if he’s losing the title soon, that might be a natural place for their team up to end too.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

They don't really need the Good Brothers in the Elite with Cole there. If they're doing a 10 man they can stick Cutler or Nakazawa in there to make up numbers/take the fall. I don't hate the idea of Callis as a JJ Dillon type to an Elite of Kenny, Cole and the Bucks without the hangers-on. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

The Cody thing is second only to Hangman’s build if they’re doing it all on purpose. They’re making him Cena but with the intention of actually turning him and it’s genius. 
There’s no way a company as self aware and reactive as AEW have been just aren’t noticing or paying attention to Cody.

Once The Elite runs it’s course after Hangman wins at Full Gear they’ll have Cody ready to do a Hogan at Bash 96 and do a huge heel turn and take the belt from Hangman eventually, probably by completely going back on his word, turning on Arn, falling out with The Elite on-screen. There’s a bunch for him to do when he goes full heel.

Great post, this. Cody is definitely full John Cena at this point and there's so much intrigue in what they do next.

It would be very strange to just ride it out. Perhaps the last few weeks with Arn has been their attempt to do that but I'd hope not because they have some potential magic on their hands if this is played right. Everything about that match was excellent but it has to play into a bigger picture.

The little kid getting Cody's belt, being lifted in the air and the crowd popping was brilliant stuff.

A Black/Andrade alliance is good with me. A third man to take on Death Triangle would be great too. We need some Trios belts at some point.

No problem with the finish to Eddie and Archer. They had a doctor out there, Lance was clearly hurt but alert and the finish was safe. Hope Lance is OK and really thankful that wasn't worse.

MJF was absolutely outstanding here. I'm not sold on some of his "controversial" promo lines but this was great stuff that showed how good he is. 

I don't know why the hell they signed Bobby Fish but if you thought that was the nadir, here comes fucking Tony Nese. Sure he'll be nothing but a bit part but they've got loads of them. Seems the most pointless of all their signings to date.

No more Good Brothers would be great news but sure they could still work something out with Impact if they want to. I'd send them Bobby Fish and Tony Nese.

14 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Hogan at Bash 96 and do a huge heel turn

This is what I want. The Elite beating up Hangman after he defends against Cole. Out comes Cody, The Elite bail out the ring. Cody goes to drop the Hogan leg on Hangman only to stop and flip off the Elite. Crowd groan as Cody once again refuses to turn. 

Hangman gets up and bang Crossrhodes. Cody joins the Elite. 

Only just got round to watching the show. Can’t wait for it to go back to Wednesdays.

I’ve nothing against Tony Nese, but he’s only getting the “free agent in the crowd” treatment because he’s mates with someone in the back. A solid hand maybe but an utter nobody in the grand scheme of things. If he just gets used as a guy on Dark or Elevation that’s fine, but he should never be anywhere near Dynamite or even Rampage.

We all knew that Cody was going to get a win at some point, but you’ve got to think that going three straight over him would’ve really set up Malakai for whatever he’s got coming next. Assuming that Hangman is winning the belt at Full Gear and facing the tournament winner in early December, an undefeated Malakai v Hangman feud in the new year as Hangman’s first full feud as champion could’ve been worth a go. The alliance between Malakai and Andrade that they had on Rampage is intriguing though, so hopefully it works out and he doesn’t lose his momentum.

Eddie/Archer was a fun scrap, shame about the ending and I don’t see why they couldn’t just call it off if Archer was losing anyway. If the guys got a potential head injury, sod what the booking is.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether Archer was going to win originally as Danielson Vs Archer would have been an interesting match. Not thay Danielson Vs Kingston isn't going to be an equally fascinating prospect. 

The crowd were cheering the kid, not Cody.

The idea that Cody, who has shown a lack of self-awareness for the better part of a year, has suddenly booked himself in an intelligent, meta angle, some kind of satirical send-up of WWE's GOAT, is too much of a leap for me. He's getting his shit in, leaping about like Seth Rollins, openly directing Arn around by fucking pointing at the side of the ring he wants him on, and crying and blading like he's got nature Boy's genes.

19 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

The crowd were cheering the kid, not Cody.

The idea that Cody, who has shown a lack of self-awareness for the better part of a year, has suddenly booked himself in an intelligent, meta angle, some kind of satirical send-up of WWE's GOAT, is too much of a leap for me. He's getting his shit in, leaping about like Seth Rollins, openly directing Arn around by fucking pointing at the side of the ring he wants him on, and crying and blading like he's got nature Boy's genes.

Absolutely right. If they manage to turn this into something decent then they're lucky and they've adapted on the fly. This clearly isn't some long running smart thing that Cody's been trying to do for ages.

As it's AEW, I wouldn't be surprised if they do react to things because they generally do listen, but it'll probably be TK as the driving force behind it rather than Cody.

• Paid Members

For a split second, when I heard the crowd cheer after Cody thew out his weight belt, I thought he’d fully completed his transition into becoming AEW’s John Cena and someone had thrown it back at him. Oh well. Maybe next time.