The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

This was sublime. PAC and Black and Andrade more please. A tag with Cody at the PPV maybe?

Hey, remember when Dynamite ended with the Dark Order standing tall in the ring having taken out the Elite, and it was rubbish? How times have changed. That was great! 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

This one has a load of stones (rhinestones? Gems?) in the middle. Has it always been like that?

Pretty sure they made a new belt for Sammy just like Miro got his own belt.

Good show again. I feel like JR absolutely hated the main event. At one point, he was quiet for so long I thought he'd got up and walked off!

Not Dynamite related but something funny I saw: Colt Cabana talking about how Tony Khan speaks to -1.

"He's ten and already knows way more than most people in Canada. He knows how to form a wrestling promo, he knows where cameras are, he understands motion in the ring. He's training already," said Evil Uno.

Colt Cabana said, "Tony Khan will talk...Negative One is going out there to do something and Tony talks to him like he would talk to any other wrestler. You're like, 'Tony, he's a 10-year-old child.' Tony is like, 'Go out, face hard cam, open up, do a good promo.' 'Okay, no problem,' and he nails it."

"One of the first promos he ever cut, we were super nervous because we're like, 'What is this child going to say in his first promo?' Tony is like, 'You got six, grab the mic, talk some trash, set up a match for the future.' We're like, 'Tony, what are you? This is insane.' First thing Negative One says is, 'I'm going to say that and I'm gonna let it sink in because the crowd needs to register. Then I'm gonna turn to the cam.' I'm like, 'How do you know these things? How does that even make sense?' We go out there and I think he was dissing Luther and he says something, the crowd goes up, and he looks at us like, 'I fucking did it guys.' He was good," he said.

Edited by 69MeDon

45 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Have they changed the TNT Belt again?

I think each champ is getting his own customised version of the belt

For all the talk about the Page reveal, the moment when Omega wanted to do the camel clutch kiss spot but Cole stole it from him was just glorious. 

5 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

For all the talk about the Page reveal, the moment when Omega wanted to do the camel clutch kiss spot but Cole stole it from him was just glorious. 

It was great. Cole sends Omega away to the corner to do something unspecified and then Omega looks on like me at every awkward social gathering I've ever attended.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

13 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

It was great. Cole sends Omega away to the corner to do something unspecified and then Omega looks on like me at every awkward social gathering I've ever attended.

13 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

And Cole being a bit put out early in the match when Omega chose not to tag him in. Lovely little bits.

Cheers for pointing this out. I hadn't noticed the first time but watched it again last night (think it was even better the second time) and realised it was because I skipped the bit where they went to commercial. Interesting little bits that seem to set up a tiny bit of division between Kenny and Cole, though the fact it was in the ad break means it's even more subtle to a big chunk of the audience. 

Interesting little seeds being planted though.

Watched out for any indication that Stay Puft was Hangman and saw nothing. He's even trying to revive the the ref when they're attacking Cabana near the end. Wasn't obvious at all the first time until the horse ran down and it clicked. I thought the same the second time.

Read a lot of stans complaining that this would have been shit on if WWE did it. They're absolutely right but seem completely oblivious to the reasons. They cry about "AEW bias" when it's not the case at all. They're just better. It's played for laughs but completely faithful to every character involved,  it doesn't have commentators delivering predetermined lines or fake laughing on cue, it uses the situation completely and references it and it delivers the serious moment required to sell the PPV match. And because everyone is completely invested, something sadly missing in WWE for ages, the end result is such a feel good moment. Imagine not getting it to such a degree?

Seen a thing on Reddit that add to it. That Cabanas outfit was so ill fitting As it wasn’t a costume, it was Cutlers actual clothes and mask they stole when they put him in the horse. Watching again it’s so obvious. 
then the promo that was on Saturdays dynamite where hangman warns the Dark Order that the elite will be in costumes, that was filmed two weeks ago, that’s the kinda thing that gets it a pass more than if seen on raw as we know it would have been made up as an idea that afternoon. This has been planned for weeks and executed in a way that everyone comes out of that match better than or equal to how they went in. Still buzzing from it 

I hope the bucks aren’t wrestling at Full Gear. Have them in Omegas corner, the catalyst for Hangman’s journey beginning. I wanna see them all hurt at hangman’s loss 

Edited by Louch

Spoiler

Their are masked staff in squid game, but given they are superiors it wouldn’t have worked giving that role to Brandon. 

Very minor squid game spoiler to Answer 69medon

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Apparently, the Elite were going to do a Squid Game thing with their costumes but TNT put the kibosh on that which is how we ended up with the Ghostbusters. I haven't seen Squid Game: how would they have done the Hangman thing in that context?

in a different costume

Just noticed that ITV are also showing the full 2 hour show of Dynamite instead of a highlight version on their main channel a couple of days after it's been on ITV4. It's in a graveyard slot, but still strange scheduling from a broadcaster that said they aren't going to renew their deal with AEW.