The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Just as gloriously subtle as the Cole/Kenny bits were was Wardlow not being in on the MJF/Spears/Sting fake-out. The look he shot to MJF when he realised it was a joke was incredible.

This was my favourite Dynamite in a while. Brilliant episode of TV, everything clicked, and Cody started to resemble a star again. That ending was magnificent too. Great stuff.

9 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Has there been a trios or 8-man tag where JR hasn't called for two referees? 🤣

Probably not, but Gorilla Monsoon was rather insistent on it back in the day so I wouldn't drown a puppy over it. 

Gotta take a second to mention how much I loved that finishing sequence. From the horse getting loose, the reveal of a sobbing Brandon, the visual clue in that how did Cabana get the outfit, the outstanding production on the reveal of a fucking marshmallow man, Hangman's incredible face and the fact it was that little wanker Matt Jackson getting leathered. AND BAMBI SCORED THE WIN. Incredible, I was grinning and cheering how absurd and ridiculously cathartic it was. Credit to the Elite for that too. People get restless of them, but basically being a modern day high school nWo group of semi self aware arseholes has been great TV. Thank god Good Brothers might have fucked off as well.

Edited by Chili

3 hours ago, Perry said:

Just noticed that ITV are also showing the full 2 hour show of Dynamite instead of a highlight version on their main channel a couple of days after it's been on ITV4. It's in a graveyard slot, but still strange scheduling from a broadcaster that said they aren't going to renew their deal with AEW.

Where did you read that ITV aren't renewing? 

• Paid Members

I’ve watched the closing few minutes of this show at least ten times. It’s the best. “But then wait a second…who is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man?!” is one of my favourite calls in forever. Pure feel-good TV. When it became clear Hangman was going away for a bit to give Danielson and Punk some breathing room, I remember thinking they’d never be able to recapture the magic those first few angles had in July. It’s been warming up nicely since Page came back but this was the first time where it felt like it had clicked again. They’ve got it back. This is it. Him winning that belt is going to be the greatest moment of all time. I might buy a confetti gun for my living room.

As others have said, it was also note perfect that Matt Jackson was the one Hangman attacked. I love that for as much as Kenny vs. Hangman is the big match, there’s been a great little B plot feud bubbling between Matt Jackson and Adam Page for nearly two years. Hopefully they have a TV main event after Hangman wins the belt. Knock his head off, then beers with the lads. Rinse and repeat. Essentially, what this show has proven is that after all the character has been through, I would gladly take a solid three to four months of every episode of Dynamite ending with a closing shot of Hangman smiling.

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

Where did you read that ITV aren't renewing? 

There doesn't seem to be any definitive proof about this, but apparently this is the reason for them not airing Rampage.

Well Dynamite has just past the 2 year mark, so maybe ITV had originally signed a 3 yr deal.  As usual the ITV muppets don't seem to acknowledge any posts about AEW on social media.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

There doesn't seem to be any definitive proof about this, but apparently this is the reason for them not airing Rampage.

Well Dynamite has just past the 2 year mark, so maybe ITV had originally signed a 3 yr deal.  As usual the ITV muppets don't seem to acknowledge any posts about AEW on social media.

They don’t deserve wrestling 

If it hadn't been for ITV Box Office chances are they wouldn't have ended up on ITV. Dynamite's not a massive hit, but it helps fill their schedules and probably helps boost some of their ITVHub usage. Adding Rampage would have been an additional expense for just an hour of TV I can see why they didn't jump at signing up for it.

The best bet for AEW is probably trying to get on one of the Discovery entertainment channels like Quest or DMAX since the Turner/Discovery merger is meant to be happening.

The Fite pass subscriptions have doubled since Punk joined. Won’t get you many new eyes, but I’d imagine they get a decent worldwide income from that 

28 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

If it hadn't been for ITV Box Office chances are they wouldn't have ended up on ITV.

Yeah that whole thing really collapsed at a terrible time for AEW. I know i would've bought PPVs through my telly if they'd been available like they are on Sky Sports Box Office, and I imagine that probably applies for others too.