The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

19 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

As far as the show goes, the reaction to Cody must have been a bit alarming to them. There were some boos, though less than usual. There were also muted cheers. But more than anything else, it felt like apathy. And once again it was very overbooked. You have multiple heels going after Cody, but why? What's in it for them? 

That's definitely the main problem with Cody. It's that he's not a face or a heel or even a tweener really. He's all over the fucking place and no one knows how to react, and that turns into people just not caring. I really just want him to get to a point where people can actually invest in whatever the fuck he is because he can deliver the goods when there's something to care about.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the show but yeah everything with Cody just feels boring at this stage. Something needs to happen soon or he's just going to get absolutely no reaction at all.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dan Lambert's breakdown with Ethan Page on the edge of tears and Scorpio Sky looking like he was missing Kazarian and Daniels. Great facials from both of those guys really added to just how screwed they know they are.

With regards to Samuray, could there have been some heat between him and Brodie? Brodie obviously had a lot of time spent with Lince Dorado during his Chikara days, they may have been close. Sol kept asking to split the Lucha Dragons because he didn't want to be some opening card joke (then proceeds to do the Lucha taunt on the way to the ring so people know who he is) and could have caused Lince to lose his spot/job. It's not outside the realms of possibility that people are pissed off at him for having a negative attitude backstage and tweeting making him seem disingenuous? Still a dumbass response from Jericho though.

What's great about AEW is the PPVs feel a big deal as there infrequent. That card is starting to look really exciting at the top end.

Punks promo was class.  Really intrigued with him and Kingston as well. I love how AEW just naturally blended into this feud.

So much of this felt like great go home stuff. The Hangman save and one line showing he’s in Omegas head was perfect. He’s confident and the champion is scared. The near falls in that match are gonna be electric. Half want a brilliant match, half want a Foley vs Rock with everyone getting beaten down between the factions and the Buckshot coming outta no where and blasting Kennys head off. 

Punk addressing Moxley being out and being supportive was great, shows it’s not a weakness in him and had everyone behind him. He’s not just fell off the Earth. Hopefully Friday is things getting electric on the mic between Kingston and Punk, feels short when so much could be said. 

I just love them all. They're all having so much fun and in turn the crowds are too. It would make so much of a difference in WWE if the talent were able to actually go out, enjoy themselves and be the best versions of themselves. The crowds would love it but everything's so micromanaged and creatively bad.

Long version of post-show stuff:

Short version:

• Paid Members

In AEW when a wrestler goes to rehab they publicly support them, in WWE they publicly humiliate them for bad storyline purposes.

Seeing Aerostar for the first time without the world class Lucha Underground production techniques was a bit of a shock. In LU he seemed like he defied gravity, in AEW he looked like a slow moving useless bag of shit. The LU production crew were genuine miracle workers.

The build to this PPV in contrast to the last PPV is very different. Last time it felt like the card was thrown together hastily in the last 2 weeks. This time it feels like everything has been so well planned and built up that they can comfortably tread water in the last 2 weeks. Everyone is already pumped and hyped for Full Gear they don't really need to do much more.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Seeing Aerostar for the first time without the world class Lucha Underground production techniques was a bit of a shock. In LU he seemed like he defied gravity, in AEW he looked like a slow moving useless bag of shit.

I haven't seen the match yet, but it's not just the LU production - he's in his late 30s and banged up from years of mad dives, just a shell of the worker he was five years ago.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

In AEW when a wrestler goes to rehab they publicly support them, in WWE they publicly humiliate them for bad storyline purposes.

WWE have done great by a lot of people, both ones under contract and loads and loads of ex-employees. The same as they've taken care of loads of guys who have been hurt and needed major surgery. As often with them, the exceptions stand out far more because they just can't help themselves. In some ways, it's not fair but it's their own doing.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I haven't seen the match yet, but it's not just the LU production - he's in his late 30s and banged up from years of mad dives, just a shell of the worker he was five years ago.

Ah ok, fair enough. Well good for him that he got a decent payday here while he still can.

If I was Aerostar, I'd give Cash Wheeler some dinner money for saving my neck TWICE. That dive outside where he didn't rotate enough almost made time freeze how badly that was going to go until Wheeler caught a bit of him. 

Edited by Chili