The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Other than the absolute class CM Punk promo there was nothing spectacular on this show, but things are coming together nicely for the PPV.

Excellent stuff from Miro. Nailed it as a character and a monster worker that knows how much to give in the ring. The full package and then some. Was gutted for Moxley, but Miro vs Danielson? Not half bad as a replacement!

Aerostar had a mare!

Still get the feels whenever The Hangman's music hits. Biggest crush ever. Unfortunately, him vs Omega seems only half as hot as it did heading into DON. Kenny really needs Don Callis by his side to drag him out of goofball midcarder territory. Still, it'll be white hot when the bell rings.

Great stuff from MJF. He can be hit or miss but I'll always love him (apart from when he's punching down at my boy Lex). AEW have done a great job in protecting Darby Allin. Imagine if he didn't have dad Sting and was cutting live promos regularly. Emo douche would be getting booed out of the building.

After that awful promo Cody was a bit more tolerable this week. Low-key even, for his standards. Not every fucking week needs to be Wrestlemania, mate. He badly needs to pivot though - full heel or fuck off. Because this ain't working. He's in that lane where people are reacting to the booking rather than the work itself, and that's not the type of atmosphere AEW needs at all. Andrade using the figure four was a bit disheartening too, zero interest in Flair on my TV in 2021.

Page/Omega. Miro/Danielson. Punk/Kingston. Darby/MJF. FTR/Lucha Bros. Full Gear is looking bloody TASTY!

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Not one mention of Chris Jericho slut-shaming a woman young enough to be his daughter yet everyone's up in arms about Jericho calling out a typo. Sure, why not.

I tuned in just as they picked Dan Lambert as I forgot AEW was early this week due to the clocks going back so missed that. But he was calling 25 year old Stephanie McMahon similar 20 years ago. The act hasn't changed, it is as grim now as it was then, even if he was younger then he is now.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Not one mention of Chris Jericho slut-shaming a woman young enough to be his daughter yet everyone's up in arms about Jericho calling out a typo. Sure, why not.

I honestly forgot that part. It is peak Jericho though, 20 year old jokes from the old guy at the pub buying drinks for all the young lads pretending to laugh.

Happy to be shot down if wrong, but isn’t advertising an onlyfans for free to 1m men a good thing?  Haven’t watched that segment in full, but I bet more than one man went looking for it, and so far she’s seemed very comfortable in the heel role taking and giving abuse. Might be a little cringe, but it’s unlikely to have harmed pvz. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I honestly forgot that part. It is peak Jericho though, 20 year old jokes from the old guy at the pub buying drinks for all the young lads pretending to laugh.

I don't know who put that segment together, so it might be Jericho, but PVZ clearly planted the line so he could make the joke. She also said her schedule is wide open but they swerved that one.

What was it "Judging by the looks of those tight pants. None of you even have the balls to take me on. I could take all 5 of you by myself" Ending with bring it baby a couple of times.

From Dan Lambert saying Austin wanted in, only for PVZ to takevover. She knew exactly what she was teeing up and the reaction it would get from the crowd.

A bit like Hager harping on about 71 seconds as if it was some powerful zinger. They'd obviously had some rehearsal to get the segment shaped up.

I know Billionaire Tone is your vicarious king and can do no wrong, and it’s decent they’re helping out an employee with issues, but let’s not make out Vince doesn’t help all and sundry by paying for their rehab. He’s still a cunt, mind, but he gets that bit right and goes above and beyond. 
And yeah, Jericho is an arsehole. As @IANdrewDiceClay pointed out on Twitter, compare his reaction to a typo and a sexual assault denier. 

Yeah mox could well be taking advantage of wwe paying for it as they do many ex workers. We all have our doubts over the main reason why, that it’s fantastic publicity when someone does get into trouble to say they have helped, but it has saved and improved a number of lives since that scheme started 

32 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know Billionaire Tone is your vicarious king and can do no wrong, and it’s decent they’re helping out an employee with issues, but let’s not make out Vince doesn’t help all and sundry by paying for their rehab. He’s still a cunt, mind, but he gets that bit right and goes above and beyond. 
And yeah, Jericho is an arsehole. As @IANdrewDiceClay pointed out on Twitter, compare his reaction to a typo and a sexual assault denier. 

This. I don't watch WWE anymore so I don't know if I missed something where they ripped om someone for getting assistance, and yes they have previous for things, but they don't fuck about if someone actually needs help. Less tribalism. 

Edited by Chili

Actually, and based on fuck all but my stupid head, I reckon Vince would be so wanky that he wouldn’t help out AEW staff regardless of how long they were WWE guys with rehab. I reckon the mental old twat would see them as not his problem anymore.