The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Wasn't as fiery a promo from the Good Lord Adam Page as I was expecting. I was hoping for some more interaction with Omega before the match was announced but it will be awesome when he takes the belt off him. Hasn't really been a lull in the last two years for him and having watched him face off against Jericho it will be good to see his rise completed. 

Classic WCW-style TO THE BACK there after FTR's win.

I have, yet again, really enjoyed AEW this week. Four hours of AEW over a non-PPV weekend is great for me. It's good that they don't treat these Saturday shows as a throw away while waiting to get back to Wednesday.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

Moxley's slow burn heel turn is awesome. Just the subtly of having him be more aggressive against people the audience actually likes. I'm looking forward to his inevitable feud with Kingston, with the roles reversed from last time. It almost makes me want to see the two of them in the final, though Danielson vs Moxley is probably the right move .

Miro continues to be amazing. I was wondering how he'd do the "God's Favourite Champion" gimmick after losing the title but I wasn't expecting him to flat out turn on God. It's a measure of how good he is that he can make something that sounds so stupid work so well. Loved that he's incorporated the weak neck stuff into it as well. It's hard to believe WWE missed the boat on this guy. Him vs Hangman for the title is going to be incredible.

I enjoyed the FTR and Lucha Brothers stuff. I had a feeling we'd get a swerve and it'd people we know under masks. I really liked Punk calling it out as well. It was really unexpected and obviously threw the rest of the commentators off.

John Silver pointing at Adam Cole and calling him "Budge!" had me pissing myself. As did the spot where him and Reynolds kissed Cole. Love when they incorporate BTE stuff into the main shows like that.

I can't say I cared much for the Cody stuff, which is a shame because I am enjoying the story overall, but it's a good example of how good AEW is. The rest of the show is so good that even when something doesn't hit, it's really not a big deal.

5 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Wasn't as fiery a promo from the Good Lord Adam Page as I was expecting. 

I’m really surprised that you’d say that. For me, that was the best baby face promo in the history of AEW. An emotional rollercoaster of a promo, it was fantastic.

38 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m really surprised that you’d say that. For me, that was the best baby face promo in the history of AEW. An emotional rollercoaster of a promo, it was fantastic.

Yeah shouting wouldn’t have gotten that emotional message across. He spoke and the crowd was hooked into everything.  His biggest enemy was himself and he’s conquered that. 

I really don't have a problem with Cody/Black 3 if - and it's big if - Cody loses and post-match turns heel (maybe by turning on Arn, assuming Arn didn't bring the heater - and I don't mean Jake Hager). If he wins after his one or two week long Rocky 3 training montages and somehow continues to be a babyface, that'll suck.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I know it's getting rave reviews which is fair enough. I just didn't feel it from him for the first time in forever and the smaller audience probably didn't help. I guess in my head I want everything to be perfect right up until he lifts the big one. 

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Old Man Khan is in that London to hopefully watch his Jags get smashed by the Fins.

Fuck you with your game winning, 20 game losing streak, last kick of the game. And your moustache, that can fuck off as well. 

I enjoyed Dynamite a lot more than Rampage this week (I have yet to watch the Buy in). I'm not a big Bobby Fish fan so I skimmed that to save some time as well. The rest of the show was good fun. The audience seemed empty/ dead at Rampage but were much hotter for Dynamite to the point I wondered if they changed the sound settings overnight. 

I thought Punk calling out FTR was a little annoying at first but with how the match went it was brilliant, as was having them unmasked half way through rather than the typical "ah ha!" moment after they win.  The post match stairwell segment was a brilliant throwback and the MJF/Andrade confrontation reminded me of old school heel/ heel tension, I hope they build on this and have Andrade take over The Pinnacle at some point as I see him fitting better than MJF.

The Hangman promo was brilliant acknowledging that he had to take a step back and has been getting in his way. Ignoring Omega will probably lead to him being pissed off and a face to face confrontation next week.

I'm bored of typing and nowhere near done with my thoughts but I'll end saying how much I enjoyed Jungle Boy getting the one up in the ring  over The Elite and having the crowd react to him like a star without him having any buddies out there. 

• Paid Members

The segment at the Nightmare Factory absolutely cemented it to me, that Cody's not turning heel at all, nor is Arn turning on him. The story is that Cody needs to "find the darkness within himself" to be able to beat Malakai Black. 

• Paid Members
On 10/17/2021 at 7:24 AM, Supremo said:

Piss weak title tournament. When they left announcing the brackets until the very end of the show I was expecting something bonkers, like a CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson opening round match or just a ridiculously stacked tournament featuring all the top guys like Miro, PAC, Adam Cole, Punk, MJF, Darby, etc. What a disappointment.

There's a balance to be had and they've got it. Sure there'll be people crying that they aren't the top 8 in the rankings or whatever but fuck those people. Two things you don't want from a tournament are all your top guys losing and a load of matches we've already seen. All of those first round matches are fresh. Mox/OC and Bryan/Eddie would be fresh semis and the final will have a fresh feel too. I really like it. And the only loss that's gonna hurt anyone is the final, which if it is the trigger for Mox turning is interesting.

20 hours ago, RedRooster said:

JR screaming ‘cat fight!’ when Britt and Baker came to blows, Chris Jericho calling Paige VanZant a ‘bitch’ leading to a small ‘bitch’ chant from some audience members. Let’s not head down that misogynistic road, AEW.

The catfight comment was odd. I thought JR was fucking appalling all night to be honest. Slip ups all over the place and added nothing. No problem with Jericho calling PVZ a bimbo or a bitch. She's definitely the latter. And she's bloody great at it.

20 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I assume this is setting up the return of his brother and the actual tag team.

I don't know what it is. No problem with Rush as a snivelling heel but putting him with Martin is nonsense. Reminds me of that whacky Hardy's turn in 1999 when they were fucking about with Michael Hayes. Martin's still a face, I think, but Rush is clearly a dickhead.

20 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I friggin hope not. Will undo a lot of good work. Rather have Cody lose, Arn give Cody shit, and THEN Cody finally turns that corner by beating the shit out of Arn.

They might go down that road though if Moxley is turning, you absolutely don't turn both. The story appears to be of Cody's redemption. Last couple of weeks have been really good. Be interesting to see if it resonates when they're back in front of a live crowd. Black acknowledging Martin suggests he's the face here. Intriguing stuff, I like that it's not clear cut.

19 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Wasn't as fiery a promo from the Good Lord Adam Page as I was expecting.

It was fantastic. Didn't need to be full on, he's just got everything he wanted. Fire comes later once the Shitty Kliq have done him over, probably on the go home.

15 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Moxley's slow burn heel turn is awesome. Just the subtly of having him be more aggressive against people the audience actually likes. I'm looking forward to his inevitable feud with Kingston, with the roles reversed from last time. It almost makes me want to see the two of them in the final, though Danielson vs Moxley is probably the right move .

Clever to put him in with Yuta ahead of a likely Semi with OC too. Looked a nothing match but has layers. I still really want to see Mox and Eddie win the tag titles and do more buddy stuff though. That was the best.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The segment at the Nightmare Factory absolutely cemented it to me, that Cody's not turning heel at all, nor is Arn turning on him. The story is that Cody needs to "find the darkness within himself" to be able to beat Malakai Black. 

hqdefault.jpg

Cody on next week's show.