The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

MLW is a weird one. Seems like a good place to go for experience if you're a wrestler but it's almost a void in the wrestling scene. No buzz or excitement around it. I've never heard of an MLW match being anything above average. If you're a green wrestler it's probably good for a short stint to learn how to work the cameras, TV matches and get ring time with some veterans like Savio Vega, La Parka etc. But why anyone would choose to sign a contract there over any other promotion (including Impact) I've no idea. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

MLW is a weird one. Seems like a good place to go for experience if you're a wrestler but it's almost a void in the wrestling scene.

I've no problem with MLW and when stumbling across it on Freesports I found to be OK. The issue is that its a crowded marketplace beneath the top two and you have a handful of promotions of a similar size that are all chasing the same slice.

Impact has emerged the better of them all out of the pandemic, given the NWA pretty much ground to a halt and ROH is only getting back up and running now. MLW just doesn't have the tenure or the niche that the rest seem to possess (nor a reasonably sized media owner, as in Impact and ROH's case).

MLW just represents one too many perhaps?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Jackpot said:

They'll probably have the Brodie Lee Memorial Tournament or something along those lines and have his kid hand over the trophy each year.

Good. In all fairness to Brodie Lee, its not like they are hammering home a wrestling legacy that will make them millions in merchandise. There seems to be a genuine attempt at goodwill.

• Paid Members

MLW is a needed part of the wrestling industry. It's the only place who throws shit at the wall. It's been like that since 2002. They've tried to be the new ECW, the American Toryumon, a southern territory from 1970 and now it looks like they want to be the new Lucha Underground. Their attempts to be relevant are always worth a look for at least a fortnight.

• Paid Members

Brian Pillman Jr does some stuff that looks just like how his dad would do it. That flying body press is straight out of the Flyin' Brian playbook. Hopefully he'll be allowed to do his own thing and now forced to try and be the second coming of his dad. He's talented, and likely has a bright future. His partner seems alright as well. 

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

MLW is a needed part of the wrestling industry. It's the only place who throws shit at the wall. It's been like that since 2002. They've tried to be the new ECW, the American Toryumon, a southern territory from 1970 and now it looks like they want to be the new Lucha Underground. Their attempts to be relevant are always worth a look for at least a fortnight.

I remember being excited by MLW when it came on the Wrestling Channel  as it seemed pretty polished compared to CZW etc on there. Not sure if it was up to date or behind but in my mind now which is shot there was some sort of tourney which had Kojima boring me to death and Samoa Joe being shit with blonde hair I could be remembering it all wrong though. Also it had Vampiro which meant I automatically tuned out.

Remember reading a review of one of their shows with a War Games with Terry Funk in it which sounded good though but no sure if that ended up on TWC if it did I'd given up by then

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

MLW is a weird one. Seems like a good place to go for experience if you're a wrestler but it's almost a void in the wrestling scene

There is a lot i like about MLW, Salina Del La Renta being the majority of those. The brawl between Contra and The Von Erichs a couple of years ago was something out of Continental Wrestling in Alabama. Also seeing La Park's attempts to be able to be seen from space is enjoyable 

• Paid Members
On 1/14/2021 at 11:22 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

Britt Baker’s Waiting Room - makes her sound a right slut 

Will they change the title for the second episode to make her sound less slutty, do you think?

30 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Will they change the title for the second episode to make her sound less slutty, do you think?

I'm hoping they just make it worse every week.

"I'm getting operated on by Britt Baker this week" "Oh no, you're the one doing the drilling Cody.."

"So how bad is my tooth?" "I don't know but I've got a cavity that you can fill.." 

Then Tony Schiavone walks in, does a Kenneth Williams impression and leaves.

Guaranteed ratings.