The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I’d guess that you’re right on both counts. 

I’d imagine Cody/Red Velvet vs Shaq/Cargill is also a possibility, and it’s about time they pulled the trigger on Shida versus Britt Baker too. 

I really hope the feud is done by then, but Cassidy/Taylor vs Miro/Sabian seems probable.

I’d love to see The Dark Order get a big match of some kind, although I’m not sure what that would be. Perhaps a match against The Inner Circle?

Who’d have thought even one year ago that this faction would end up becoming one of the most entertaining things throughout all of wrestling? I totally agree that Omega/Silver would make a great TV main event, and I might go as far as to say it could appear on a PPV. The build has the potential to be fantastic and the atmosphere would be great. AEW has such a great roster that risks like that can be taken with PPV title matches. 

Before Cargill made her debut and interrupted Cody's promo, he said he wanted to avenge his loss to MJF. Given the loss was at last year's Revolution, could they build towards that rematch? Even if it still has to involve Shaq asking The Inner Circle for help. Cody can bring Snoop with him to garner some more media attention.

• Paid Members

My guess is Revolution will look something like:

Mox/Omega rematch

Young Bucks vs Good Brothers (maybe a 3 way with Lucha Brothers)

Orange Cassidy vs Miro

MJF vs Sammy (w/ Jericho as guest referee, the Inner Circle as lumberjacks or something similar)

The confirmed Sting/Allin/Team Taz cinematic match.

Some version of Dark Order and Adam Page vs perhaps Kingston and family.

Shida vs Britt Baker

Lance Archer vs Pac

And finally some utter bollocks with Cody Rhodes.

Edited by LaGoosh

19 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I really have no desire to see the Good Brothers get an AEW PPV match.

This was exactly my thought. I think this may be AEWs attempt at champions v champions for brand supremacy...... Everyone loves a battle for brand supremacy right? 

When the Good Brothers got their WWE release I had my fingers crossed that they wouldn't get signed by AEW and am only just realising the ramifications of this cross promotional war!! 

Edited by NavigatorFan
Spelling

• Paid Members

That really wasn't a very good show at all. Many more misses than hits for me. The opening segment was really good, but it was pretty much downhill from there, other than the painting of Omega and Callis. 

Cody Rhodes needs to get a direction. He's absolutely floundering. . .and no, that direction shouldn't be anywhere near Shaw and Jade Cargill. 

That Private Party six man tag was a bit of a mess. At least it had a bit of storyline development with the heel turn, but yeah, the match wasn't good. These guys are very green and shouldn't be in there on the main TV show with guys greener than themselves. 

Speaking of heel turns. . .fuck me the Bucks need one. Two pricks. 

The Inner Circle feuding with themselves has happened too early I think. They probably needed to be cohesive for a while in order to lead to the break up. Hopefully they get some direction now for a while, feuding with someone outside the group, which doesn't go their way and leads to their split and actual feud. 

I'm interested to see how they book themselves out of a corner at Revolution. It looks to be Moxley Vs Omega. Moxley has been a babyface revelation since joining AEW. Part of that is that he backs up what he says on the mic, with his actions inside the ropes. AEW don't do DQ's, or count outs, they are going to have to get creative in order for Moxley to lose the rubber match to Omega, as I don't imagine they are planning to take the title off of Kenny yet. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Speaking of heel turns. . .fuck me the Bucks need one. Two pricks.

They've touched on this on BTE recently, but the heels in their current picture are the very people they're supposed to be tagging with. Omega and Poundshop Hall & Nash are firmly on board with Callis who's the centrepiece of this mess, so you can't use any of them as a fulcrum without a complete 180 on it by planting insecurites in them. But there's no viable alternative to Mox for Kenny, and the Goof Bros aren't staying forever so they need to draw other people into this to build the Bucks as solid friends with to set up the betrayal. All while avoiding the Real Life Co-Owner Screwjob trope that just won't fucking die over the 24 years it's been in existence.

Fuck, I've spent 10 minutes trying to process this (at 1:30am) and it becomes more of a shitfuck every time.

Edited by seph

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

Hoping by the time Revolution happens Thea Trinidad’s 90 day non-compete will be up and she can make an appearance. The women’s division is in desperate need of someone like her. 

I hope so. She's always been solid and comfortable on the mic, and had glimpses of great athleticism in WWE but never got a sustained singles push to really prove herself. She has more than enough about her to be invaluable to a weak AEW division. I'd love to see her on board.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I'm interested to see how they book themselves out of a corner at Revolution. It looks to be Moxley Vs Omega. Moxley has been a babyface revelation since joining AEW. Part of that is that he backs up what he says on the mic, with his actions inside the ropes. AEW don't do DQ's, or count outs, they are going to have to get creative in order for Moxley to lose the rubber match to Omega, as I don't imagine they are planning to take the title off of Kenny yet. 

They still haven't revealed who attacked Mox backstage that time. My guess is a debut of someone new (possibly from New Japan) costs Mox the match, reveals themselves as his attacker and is Mox's next feud. Wasn't Kenta calling Mox out on Twitter a while back? I'd love him to have a short run in AEW.

Kenta To cost Mox and gets their match over and done with would work. Can then have some of the aew guys cost mox That match to set up his next aew feud. Repetitive I know, but works for purposes of taking the story in and out of two companies 

I wonder how long JR is in this job. Even a miserable cunt like me that agrees with his gripes finds him to be detrimental. Him going into business for himself ("What does it matter anyway?!") makes a bad match ten times worse by emphasising the flaws and rendering the whole thing a joke. He completely undercuts what AEW are trying to get over. Either sack him or make changes to the style, it doesn't work both ways.

• Paid Members

It's not even just that. He can barely form coherent sentences anymore. He's either being pissy and complaining or stumbling and talking complete shite. He sounds like an old man whose just been woken from a nap most the time. Confused and annoyed. 

Edited by LaGoosh

I kinda assume at this stage that he's still there because he's mates with either Cody or Jericho, they feel sorry for him and are worried what would happen if he wasn't calling the show or Cody and co still get a kick out of their marches being called by JR. 

It's hard with JR, he still has moments of excellence and is capable of really adding to matches he's invested in. I think WWE had the right idea when they would bring him in to call specific high profile matches. I'd really like to see AEW use him for more sit down interviews, something he is still excellent at, and have him join the commentary team for the PPV main events, maybe Dynamite ones as well. That way they can keep him doing what he loves, use him in backstage roles, and lend a special big fight feel to title matches. I think JR has more than earned a spot in any locker room and I totally get why folk in the industry would feel a duty of care, it's a good thing *insert DDP gif here*, but it's a hard line to walk between care and quality and the show is really starting to suffer from having him out there calling matches he obviously doesn't give a toss about.

I also think it's hurting Excalibur. I know some people aren't his biggest fans and I really wasn't either, I was never massive n PWG outside of BOLA and I really didn't rate him at All In. He's improved massively over their TNT run though and his found the balance between insider fan service and main stream announcer in a way guys like Striker,  Matthews and Ranallo never quite managed. His tuff with Taz on Dark is amazing but he knows it wouldn't work for the main shows and he's able to do that code switch effortlessly but having Jr constantly snipe at him on live TV absolutely throws him off. how could it not.