The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members

I've never minded Chuck but losing Trent and having to be the understudy to Cassidy is gonna be a long 2021 for him until they're all reunited.

I enjoyed the show, mostly. Matt Hardy has a habit now of making me swear rather loudly and fast forward things because he's just dreadful. Jim Duggan's RAW run in the 00s had more upside.

PAC and Kingston was everything I wanted it to be and PAC still trying to batter him straight after the bell is just a good use of his character, how's he's a miserable bastard and how much he dislikes Kingston (they've got to put more backstory to it though, even if it's fabricated nonsense about Kingston not respecting him when he first came to America on the Indies).

I was surprised by how much I didn't dislike the NWA match, Conti is developing well as a worker and having her with Anna Jay who's probably more green but a better talker is fitting to their strengths well.

I'm seeing Omega not even as a Impact Vs AEW thing but as mentioned above The Club vs everyone beneath them. They do need to decide what they're doing with the Bucks though because they shouldn't be being used as fodder when they're the champs in the company the program is happening in.

I am starting to think that with no more Chikara, this is leading to AEW starting their own version of King of Trios though. The Club, Dark Order, Inner Circle, Best Friends, Bucks and Page, Death Triangle, Gunn Club, Hardy and Private Party, Kingston's Army, Team Taz, Nightmare Family. That's just off the top of my head, a few New Japan factions or AAA as well. It could make for an amazing 2 night PPV and be something WWE could never wish they could try. The fact so many named up there are in storylines with each other too. I love it. Screw good guys and bad guys, it's sticking your flag in the ground and declaring your group of mates are the best in the industry.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

I would love an AEW Trios cup. I love the idea so much that I spent the other morning when I had nothing to do fantasy booking one and writing it up on my laptop.

If anyone was wondering: I had Adam Page, John Silver and Reynolds winning in the finals. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

I don't really understand the story they're trying to tell. Is it AEW vs Impact but AEW's champ has sided with Impact because his mates work there or is it just Omega/Gallows/Anderson vs everyone? 

I assume the latter as the three are up against the Impact champ and one of the top tag teams at their PPV on Saturday.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

I don't really understand the story they're trying to tell. Is it AEW vs Impact but AEW's champ has sided with Impact because his mates work there or is it just Omega/Gallows/Anderson vs everyone? 

It's Omega vs. everyone, basically.

The way I see it, Omega came up short in his first attempts to become World Champion, then feels like he wasted his time with a tag team partner who never really cared for him, or who he never really cared for. In order to beat Moxley for the belt, he had to go back to what got him to the top in the first place - breaking the rules, and being an obnoxious dick. And rather than rely on a guy like Adam Page, he went to someone who's always had his back and who he knew he can trust in Don Callis, who he's known practically his entire life - while Callis can continue to live vicariously through Omega's success, while paying back Omega's family for supporting him at the start of his career. 

Now that Omega has the belt and knows that Moxley's out to get him, he wants friends watching his back. It just so happens that his buddy Don Callis also owns Impact, and that the Good Brothers work there, so it all falls into place.

That's how things are from the AEW perspective. From the Impact perspective, the angle is a little more "AEW vs. Impact" and a bit more cross-promotional, given the Two Tonys' videos and whatnot - and that's actually my least favourite part of this, the inconsistency in Tony Khan being angry at Omega for how he won the belt, but allowing him to bring Gallows & Anderson to AEW, and to wrestle for Impact in general, when you'd think Khan would want to protect his investment, or somehow allow Omega to be admonished for his actions. 

• Paid Members

Khan could be giving Omega enough rope to kill himself. Wrestles a harder schedule, gets complacent as gets his own way, then wham challenger takes the title off him and back for aew

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Louch said:

Khan could be giving Omega enough rope to kill himself. Wrestles a harder schedule, gets complacent as gets his own way, then wham challenger takes the title off him and back for aew

That would be a really fun story, especially if they tie in that he worked Triplemania as well.

In WCW, when a lot of the Cruiserweights weren't yet on exclusive deals, Mike Tenay used to always talk about how Rey Misterio Jr's title reign might be in jeopardy because of his schedule, how he was wrestling in Mexico and Japan on top of his WCW commitments, and all it would take was for someone to take advantage of that fatigue. It's a note of realism utterly absent in most wrestling these days, where everyone is expected to be 100% all of the time, even if they had a gruelling match a matter of hours (or minutes!) earlier.

• Paid Members
Just now, BomberPat said:

That would be a really fun story, especially if they tie in that he worked Triplemania as well.

In WCW, when a lot of the Cruiserweights weren't yet on exclusive deals, Mike Tenay used to always talk about how Rey Misterio Jr's title reign might be in jeopardy because of his schedule, how he was wrestling in Mexico and Japan on top of his WCW commitments, and all it would take was for someone to take advantage of that fatigue. It's a note of realism utterly absent in most wrestling these days, where everyone is expected to be 100% all of the time, even if they had a gruelling match a matter of hours (or minutes!) earlier.

This is the place for him to have the semi competitive matches with mid carders he seems to crave. Have him show weakness the  Wednesday after an impact or aaa show. Have some close near falls. Will only add to the drama of when he faces someone legitimate and more believable that they could beat him 

• Paid Members

I could totally buy Omega Vs Everyone and that would be a great way to go, but doesn't understand why the Two Tony's have been running the paid adverts on impact running the promotion down. As mentioned earlier, I get the idea they ran with the angle before they actually worked out what they were doing with it, which is why it feels disjointed.

EDIT: Just noticed BomberPat said it better.

Edited by Nick James
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

I could totally buy Omega Vs Everyone and that would be a great way to go, but doesn't understand why the Two Tony's have been running the paid adverts on impact running the promotion down. As mentioned earlier, I get the idea they ran with the angle before they actually worked out what they were doing with it, which is why it feels disjointed.

EDIT: Just noticed BomberPat said it better.

The way I've read the Two Tonys or what they are trying to achieve is that to the Impact fans Khan is the arrogant owner of AEW who's spending money (the £100 from his mom for Christmas) for ad time and being a dick while doing it while Callis is trying to rule the wrestling world (the world outside WWE) by having Omega win all the belts he can

There are elements of Vince McMahon's interviews in Memphis in 1993 when I watch the Two Tonys

Edited by Tsurutagun
  • Paid Members

Roddy Piper sounds like a right dirty bastard. "Piper's Pit" makes me think he wants to stick bag pipes up men's arseholes.

Actually no it doesnt. Just sounds like a name of a show to fit with his gimmick. Like The Waiting Room.