Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, BomberPat said:

That would be a really fun story, especially if they tie in that he worked Triplemania as well.

In WCW, when a lot of the Cruiserweights weren't yet on exclusive deals, Mike Tenay used to always talk about how Rey Misterio Jr's title reign might be in jeopardy because of his schedule, how he was wrestling in Mexico and Japan on top of his WCW commitments, and all it would take was for someone to take advantage of that fatigue. It's a note of realism utterly absent in most wrestling these days, where everyone is expected to be 100% all of the time, even if they had a gruelling match a matter of hours (or minutes!) earlier.

This is the place for him to have the semi competitive matches with mid carders he seems to crave. Have him show weakness the  Wednesday after an impact or aaa show. Have some close near falls. Will only add to the drama of when he faces someone legitimate and more believable that they could beat him 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I could totally buy Omega Vs Everyone and that would be a great way to go, but doesn't understand why the Two Tony's have been running the paid adverts on impact running the promotion down. As mentioned earlier, I get the idea they ran with the angle before they actually worked out what they were doing with it, which is why it feels disjointed.

EDIT: Just noticed BomberPat said it better.

Edited by Nick James
Posted
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Am I missing an innuendo?

I hope so or his dentist needs reported 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

I could totally buy Omega Vs Everyone and that would be a great way to go, but doesn't understand why the Two Tony's have been running the paid adverts on impact running the promotion down. As mentioned earlier, I get the idea they ran with the angle before they actually worked out what they were doing with it, which is why it feels disjointed.

EDIT: Just noticed BomberPat said it better.

The way I've read the Two Tonys or what they are trying to achieve is that to the Impact fans Khan is the arrogant owner of AEW who's spending money (the £100 from his mom for Christmas) for ad time and being a dick while doing it while Callis is trying to rule the wrestling world (the world outside WWE) by having Omega win all the belts he can

There are elements of Vince McMahon's interviews in Memphis in 1993 when I watch the Two Tonys

Edited by Tsurutagun
  • Paid Members
Posted

Roddy Piper sounds like a right dirty bastard. "Piper's Pit" makes me think he wants to stick bag pipes up men's arseholes.

Actually no it doesnt. Just sounds like a name of a show to fit with his gimmick. Like The Waiting Room.

Posted
1 hour ago, NavigatorFan said:

The Brother Love Show..... Absolute incestuous filth 

I mean there was an idea for a Sister Love character not too far from that..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...