The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Whilst an Impact vs. AEW Blood and Guts match wouldn’t have worked because of the imbalance of star power, I’m all in on The New Elite fighting Moxley, The Motor City Machine Guns and friends. I’m not really fussed about Rich Swann being involved but I’ll accept him if they advertise a final mystery partner for Team Mox and it ends up being Hangman Adam Page. On a horse.

Edited by Supremo

On hindsight, a show focusing predominantly on the worst AEW storylines probably wasn't a good idea...that was the worst Dynamite in some time. 

I'm struggling to think of anything positive to say about it, the bad parts were so overshadowing. It was nice to see The Dark Order so happy, I guess?

The Britt Baker talk show was abysmal, and Jade Cargill should keep away from a live mic for the forseeable future. If she ends up being fantastic in ring then that's great, but give her a manager or something. 

Presumably the NWA title getting defended on AEW television is part of a wider deal to give AEW access to people like Thunder Rosa. That's all well and good, but it's really hard to care about those matches. 

The Inner Circle segment was awkward, as it so often is when they try comedy in front of a live crowd. Next week's match should be fun, though. 

The Private Party/Matt Hardy segment was bad. Hardy has been consistently terrible in AEW but the bigger problem here, to be fair was Private Party. When AEW started they felt like an exciting new discovery, but as time has gone on it's become pretty clear that they are far from the finished product, particularly on the mic. Unfortunately it's hard to look forward to watching anything they do. 

The less said about Miro/Chuck Taylor the better. Clearly they're building towards Cassidy/Miro at the PPV, but the fact they've not noticed how terrible this storyline is and how little desire there is to see it continue is a little alarming. Miro can be fixed, but they need to take some drastic steps in order to do that - ditching the dreadful alliance with Kip Sabian would be a good first step. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, and for fuck's sake, just turn The Young Bucks heel already.

Edited by RedRooster

Yeah, I didn’t enjoy that too much. Plus, I kept thinking throughout that if you happened to be a casual viewer flicking through, you wouldn’t hang around as it really had that ‘low rent indie’ stink about it, which AEW are usually pretty good at avoiding.

I turned into Vince watching it, really noticing the guys that didn’t look like they belonged on TV or teams/factions that didn’t look they’d put any effort into looking like they belonged together.

Eddie Kingston’s singlet does him no favours and following him with that fella Miro was wrestling was a mistake. 

Miro looks the business, terrible ring wear aside, but his in-ring stuff has a disconnect for me. He looked great doing the power moves and chucking his body at his opponent, but then he started busting out flying kicks and finished with a submission. All a bit off.

The Inner Circle really look terrible as a faction, no tonal similarities at all, and I just wanted to hear more from MJF. Him and Wardlow are a good champ/bodyguard pairing.

Kenny Omega, Don Callis and The Good Bros come across as real stars but they didn’t half book The Young Bucks to look like nobheads. The Young Cucks.

Mox seemed to stop fighting whilst the segment was still going on. Gallows and Anderson walked right past him and he was just smiling away.

I enjoyed the main event for what it was.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The nominations for the AEW awards.

Brandi Rhodes confronting Jade Cargill being nominated for best moment on the mic, yet no sign of Eddie Kingston's go-home promo against Moxley? Fuck right off.

I've only seen the first five minutes of last night's show but I loved it when Pac started fighting Kingston whilst his pyro was still going off. Someone should make a gimmick of that. Shoot fireworks off every time they do a crazy dive. Has anyone ever done that?

Edited by Supremo

Couldn’t sleep last night so watched the first hour live. Feeling at the time is there aren’t enough good guys about. Talent wise feels most on heels side. 

Miro wrestles like a cartoon. Stupid faces and disjointed moves. Really feels like he benefited from Vinces filter the more I see of him. Just feels so forced, have him turn and just be a relaxed ass kicker. 

hangman/dark order segment felt very BTE in how it was shot, at the end the joke of hangman being stood there and hearing it was made to look like a bad camera cut as you had Alex stood looking weird further back in the shot. 

inner circle feel done. Has felt like Jericho wanted it to be a long build, but they had no ideas so make it up as they go and it shows. I don’t have any interest in any of them facing off. 

the “elite” match and post match segment was all over the place. Young bucks doing nothing but look at the monitor was know is 10ft from entrance. Omega taking far too much offence , this wasn’t the 6 minute showcase he had at the Georgia taping, this is the new cocky champion who should be smashing Dark fodder about for fun taking the heat. Moxley having Luchas Bros as backup for no reason at all, then the Bucks appear at long last and the above mentioned just walking by each other at the end. 

can sadly see the bucks making up with hangman and taking him from the Dark Order to face Omega and Good Brothers sooner than later. Hopefully I’m wrong 

• Paid Members

The whole AEW / Impact thing for me just seems weird. Like it was an idea they came up with and ran with straight away and don't seem to want to put 100% in to it. It seems half arsed compared to how exciting it was just after Kenny won the title.

The brawl after the 6-man was ridiculously jumbled and nothing made sense. Archer looked like he was going to laugh when he was shouting at PAC.

Sting is just there now, i don't get any excitement out of him turning up as hes been on every Dynamite since his debut. Derby Allin has the best and most recognisable theme in the company. 

Can’t believe they showed The Bucks and Tony Khan just letting The Good Brothers be part of the match, not a “nah fuck off, you don’t work here” to be heard. What a bunch of bitches.

Britt Baker’s Waiting Room - makes her sound a right slut and will also rile up the “real sports presentation” crew. Red Velvet is so forgettable I didn’t even recognise her

The only thing that’s getting the long build is Jerry Lynn’s in-ring return

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I think they are realising with its Stiiiiiing is what do you do with him if he can't wrestle, I know WWE got criticism for not using him after the Rollins match but as shown, other than look he doesn't bring anything these days.

KO and Brothers should've battered those guys quick, no offense to then but it wasn't there time to shine, long matches are an issue on all shows atm.

Cody and Cargill was absolutely shit, no idea what they're trying to get out it, Brandy getting pregnant was the perfect "out" for them.

Didn't mind the inner Circle stuff, they have good chemistry together but lack a direction 

Miro, still awful despite being told to give it time but it's been 5months or so, on WWE guys get written off by fans if they wear the wrong colour on there debut.

They definitely need to do something more interesting with Sting pretty soon. It feels like Darby's dad is coming out to rescue him or something.

The Cage/Darby match was pretty good though. Made the most of both guys strengths, if you consider Darby having a death wish being a strength. I guess they've done worse spots in the past.

It felt a little hit and miss overall this week but still an enjoyable watch overall.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Nick James said:

The whole AEW / Impact thing for me just seems weird. Like it was an idea they came up with and ran with straight away and don't seem to want to put 100% in to it. It seems half arsed compared to how exciting it was just after Kenny won the title.

Agreed.

We've had 6 weeks worth of smarmy Tony Khan promos on Impact now and its getting a bit weird that no retaliation at all is forthcoming.